Changes to the Labyrinth

Lab unites everything I hate in this World and that's Stupidity and Force. Fine, you can force me to do Lab, I will adapt myself, but it will cost you something ! I play games for over 30 years and the Lab the worst thing i ever saw.
the biggest complaint with the lab i have is the final fight.
There are just too many traps going on that it takes away from the whole design.
This is esspecially the case for the uber lab where you have no room to maneuver and are forced to have a character designed to tank through the traps damage.

It would be more enjoyable to have the fight without the traps like the other rooms.
or
Atleast add a way to disable them while in the room / somewhere in the lab itself.
Disabling the traps can even remove a key drop from the fight as a penalty for the easier run.

This would allow many more builds to compete in the fight. it may even make it tolerable in hc leagues as you can fight izaro like other map bosses opposed to the system of traps being forced on you in a game whos controls are not well designed for it.

one can only hope that ggg can remember the game is supposed to be fun and not frustrating.
So, Izaro not nerfed?
Uber lab still as large as now?
Trap damage the same as now?
Lab ladder and unique jewel prize still the same as now? Same person will get all of them and thats works. Nice!

Then what changed? Nothing at all?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Jun 3, 2017, 3:09:08 AM
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
  • Endgame Labyrinth: Six trials, as well as completion of all previous Labyrinths.

Y'know, I really wish you'd do something about the RNG involved in accessing the trials required for the Endgame Lab. The trials aren't something you decide to do for the sake of it; they're a prerequisite for something else. You implemented time-gating for that prerequisite. The time-gating has substantial variance due to it's RNG-based implementation.

The Lab is supposed to be a marathon where a single mistake can cost you your progress. Yet it's less fatiguing than what we're subjected to trying to get there. It feels really bad having a destination with no road there other than wandering blindly through maps.

I'd prefer a system where, say, each trial is accessible only after killing the boss of a particular map. If you have the gear, you can just buy a map and do the trial. Most people will progress through the Atlas to reach (at least some of) these maps, giving the Atlas more purpose.

Progressing through the Atlas (or buying maps from someone who did) will implement the time-gating you apparently believe to be necessary, and it would be an additional way of making some currency early in leagues. I think that's cool. I like interesting ways of making some early Chaos.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Your servers are still riddled with the greatest Disconnect RNG of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Removing the difficulties is one of the worse decisions ever !
Complete nonsense.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
I write here again my opinion to the lab, and I hope
I get added to that list from turtledove.

- Design of the lab looks like they tried to save money wherever possible
- Its long, empty and boring
- Bossfight x3 this is so ridiculous and it seems like yeah..we dont want to put alot of money
in that new lab thing
- When I play it I think always: When is this shit over pls..How LONG have I walk in that tube
maps??
- What drives me mad also is the lack of any cool NPCS in the lab without any cool quests.
This point is so damn miserable.
- GGG shit Servers make it even worse
- Izaro is a nice boss but for some builds to hard, even very good equiped (no armour)
- It could be so nice: we need a shorter lab with cool stuff inside, to explore NPCS with
cool quests. And remove the roguelike feature, its crap. We need a real lab with a real
maze and more secret passages, hidden switches and surprising treasures and rogue treasure
seekers to fight them...so much fantasy things to put in, the community have so much ideas.

Maybe I add more Ideas later.
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Jun 7, 2017, 7:31:40 AM
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
I write here again my opinion to the lab, and I hope
I get added to that list from turtledove.

- Design of the lab looks like they tried to save money wherever possible
- Its long, empty and boring
- Bossfight x3 this is so ridiculous and it seems like yeah..we dont want to put alot of money
in that new lab thing
- When I play it I think always: When is this shit over pls..How LONG have I walk in that tube
maps??
- What drives me mad also is the lack of any cool NPCS in the lab without any cool quests.
This point is so damn miserable.
- GGG shit Servers make it even worse
- Izaro is a nice boss but for some builds to hard, even very good equiped (no armour)
- It could be so nice: we need a shorter lab with cool stuff inside, to explore NPCS with
cool quests. And remove the roguelike feature, its crap. We need a real lab with a real
maze and more secret passages, hidden switches and surprising treasures and rogue treasure
seekers to fight them...so much fantasy things to put in, the community have so much ideas.

Maybe I add more Ideas later.

DiamondSnake, thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring labyrinth. You had apparently voiced a similar opinion earlier in the Feedback and Suggestions forum. So, you were already added to the list of players that have voiced a similar opinion. There is really only one list of account names that have voiced similar opinions on labyrinth. People added from just this one thread are marked special with a "#" because of two reasons, both stemming from the fact that 105 or 106 new names were added just from this thread alone. First, to demonstrate to GGG that many people that post in the forums do not apparently post in the Feedback and Suggestions forum and so wouldn't be added to the list. This may be important if, for example, GGG knew that 0.5% of the player base posted in the forums then they could take the number of players in the list 889/0.5% to get 177,800 as a floor for number of people in the whole player base with a similar opinion. Second, it would have been a lot of extra work for me to do the analysis for the "o" and "$" information that is on the other list entries.
Over 320 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 880 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

DiamondSnake, thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring labyrinth. You had apparently voiced a similar opinion earlier in the Feedback and Suggestions forum. So, you were already added to the list of players that have voiced a similar opinion. There is really only one list of account names that have voiced similar opinions on labyrinth. People added from just this one thread are marked special with a "#" because of two reasons, both stemming from the fact that 105 or 106 new names were added just from this thread alone. First, to demonstrate to GGG that many people that post in the forums do not apparently post in the Feedback and Suggestions forum and so wouldn't be added to the list. This may be important if, for example, GGG knew that 0.5% of the player base posted in the forums then they could take the number of players in the list 889/0.5% to get 177,800 as a floor for number of people in the whole player base with a similar opinion. Second, it would have been a lot of extra work for me to do the analysis for the "o" and "$" information that is on the other list entries.
Over 320 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 880 posters in support

Do you guys have a reddit thread? Have you considered creating a reddit poll (since apparently, developers pay more attention to reddit)? Just died in that vomit inducing piece of content again due to a trap after killing izaro stage 3, with a character who runs t 15 - t 16 maps. It really needs to become optional; I mean damn, uber lab already offers tons of incentives, expensive enchants, loot, why does ggg force this crap down everyone's throats?? And having to do this bs for every single character you create is just an icing on the cake.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
(...)It really needs to become optional; I mean damn, uber lab already offers tons of incentives, expensive enchants, loot, why does ggg force this crap down everyone's throats??

My bet? Because they would've to admit they wasted money for creating crappy content. And they do not have balls to do this.
Also when Lab is optional the number of players will massively drop, so they can't advertise it as a successful expansion anymore.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jun 7, 2017, 4:05:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info