Changes to the Labyrinth

Excited! WOOHOO!
Reddit doesn't seem to like these "Changes to Labyrinth" either https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6bdr89/development_manifesto_changes_to_the_labyrinth/?sort=confidence
but will you make it fun
I would hate it if they made enchants tradeable without being put on an item. It would make running uber lab less rewarding. The Only non pointless lab would become pointless.

Oh yay poor people could get the best helm enchant.

Just make it so ascendancy points are not locked behind lab, and preferably remove the tedious, boring trials.
"
SudianX wrote:
"
huetzer wrote:

How hard is it to realise that 90% of the players hates the lab?

Very hard apparently. Human psychology at its finest!

Spoiler
Technically I am in the 10% and can recognize it :)
Maybe that is just because I'm in the part of the 10% that neither hates nor loves it. It's just a game. The lab has positives and negatives. Meh.

Indeed m8. It looks like I'm also in those 10% of players who enjoys the lab ;) Tbh Uber Lab is nice for earning currency without stupidly magic find gear to farm lol. Enchants, uber drop, all of them are just sweet ;)

Long live the Izaro!
Seeing is believing
Still loads of disgusting trials. Horrible. Ohwell ...
Seems like having 1 Lab with 8 areas would be the way to go. Each area would be accessed by completing a unique trial. Completion of each area would grant 1 ascendancy point.
IGN: Nathos
I hate the lab. Remove it !
Last edited by paulopc on May 16, 2017, 9:29:32 AM
When I first saw the trailer announcing ten total acts my first question was about what would happen to lab. I honestly expected to see the number of labs cut from four to three, with the first accessible in act 3 (the first time you visit Sarn) the second in act 8 (When Sarn is potentially revisited?) and the third in maps. If you got three points from the first two and two from the third then you'd keep the total of eight and Scion doesn't get screwed over in the first lab.

The difference between this and what you're doing leaves me with a number of questions:

Was this ever considered?
If so, why didn't it go down this way?
Is Scion still going to get nothing from clearing the lab for the first time or is there a thus far unannounced rework coming for Scion's ascendancy?
Labyrinth, as it is now, is BAD. Don't get me wrong, I was really frustrated by it, but beaten it and had this sweet feeling of accomplishment, joy of overcoming it's obstacles, beating final boss.
But I still thinks it is bad for the game (as it is). Why? Because it belongs to endgame (somewhere in the land of difficult challenges where Atziri and Abaxoth are). It doesn't belong to the big and rich part of the game which is bulding your character.

Lab is great as a place, where u can test your char, how strong, versatile it is, and also test yourself and your ability to play the game well.

At the same time it is horrible, as a thing, you NEED to beat in order to make your char stronger.
It's like Abaxoth fight - if it was mandatory I would curse the existence of it, BUT - as an additional challenge with no extra rewards apart from - "hey I was able to do that guy!" - I was actually looking forward to it. Just to see if my char and my build was strong enough to kill the bastard :). Because - in case it wasn't - I wasn't really loosing anything.

Of course Lab need some incentives for players to run it - but don't tie it to progression. Make some MTXses as a reward, titles, whatever thing you like, as long as it will not make your char much stronger.
But let us ascend by killing gods! It would fit from perspective of mechanics, lore, gameplay, etc.

Proud CoDT worshipper. Follower of the fallen god.
Last edited by Nochalo on May 16, 2017, 9:45:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info