500 $ Life Time Spend for Beta Access

"
Bars wrote:
I qualify. Not terribly interested in playing the beta though. I was extremely disappointed with how GGG handled the 2.0 beta, so I think I'll skip doing the work for them in this one.

2.0 beta was ok. for the first week, then constructive feedback vanished in a clusterfuck of troll threads, whinery and baseless accusations.
i know ggg is against segregation of the user base but i think it has merits.

regarding "doing the work": they had new tech that needed real time life testing, considering the changes it went surprisingly good.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I looked at my account transcations. I have $250 in just random point purchases, and then the various supporter packs listed.. which I don't remember how much they cost. In any case I think I'm over 500!
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
I qualify. Not terribly interested in playing the beta though. I was extremely disappointed with how GGG handled the 2.0 beta, so I think I'll skip doing the work for them in this one.

2.0 beta was ok. for the first week, then constructive feedback vanished in a clusterfuck of troll threads, whinery and baseless accusations.

regarding "doing the work": they had new tech that needed real time life testing, considering the changes it went surprisingly good.

I'm fine with doing the work if I see them listening to reason. I'm not fine with all the issues being identified by experienced players early on in the beta, user feedback being promptly ignored by GGG and then half-assed or overreacting and often belated measures being taken in the live version.

Hey GGG, monster physical damage is out of control, map drop rates SUCK, tier 1-2 unique drop rates are laughable, Malachai is beyond ridiculous, etc. etc.

GGG: *crickets*

weeks or even months later - problem addressed in a patch.

Not going to waste my time giving them feedback again.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 10, 2017, 10:46:56 AM
I'm still off a bit. Just a little too much of that Dutch blood.
Planning on skipping the beta though, so it's none too relevant I suppose.
im like 350 short or so, hey Charan want to buy me a Phoenix pack? lol
I dont see any any key!
Around $830, give or take may be $20 since 2015. So I should be getting a 3.0 Beta invite according to GGG's latest announcement.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Around 300$ but I will buy the new Supporter pack when it drops.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Bars wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I'm fine with doing the work if I see them listening to reason. I'm not fine with all the issues being identified by experienced players early on in the beta, user feedback being promptly ignored by GGG and then half-assed or overreacting and often belated measures being taken in the live version.

Hey GGG, monster physical damage is out of control, map drop rates SUCK, tier 1-2 unique drop rates are laughable, Malachai is beyond ridiculous, etc. etc.

GGG: *crickets*

weeks or even months later - problem addressed in a patch.

Not going to waste my time giving them feedback again.

I remember this.

Pissed me of a tad. Not so much the clutter of the community on the feedback boards, but the lack of direction from GGG when this behavior could mostly be predicted beforehand.

Not sure if i will bother with actual feedback this time, might play it for a bit though just to see the content.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Bars wrote:

yep, feedback on users complaints did suck and valid concerns seemed to vanish in the depths of their ticketing system. but that's how customer support in most software firms works.

additionally, if the tech guys have crunch time, the most obvious bugs don't seem to get the highest prio despite them massively spoiling the user experience. there are often more pressing things to fix they naturally aren't keen to talk about.

eh, anyway i will stop the whiteknighting now, was talking out of my own experience ;-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yes, I tend to lean on the overly harsh and criticizing side. That's actually the self-aware, trying-to-suppress-it version.

I guess I'm not an ideal beta participant anyway. Unless giving depression-inducing feedback counts as a plus.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 10, 2017, 11:22:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info