[3.0] HC/SC Nowlech's Trickster Essence Drain (LifeMoM/CI/LL) ~Shaper and Uber Atziri! Videos!

"
Great, i hope ED will be ok. And by the way, when you don't have enough currency to buy a Shavs in first days of the league, you just go CI instead of low life?

You could honestly get a Solaris Lorica and only use 1 Aura for your Blood Magic. CI would work as well but you lose out on either a lot of defense or offense.
So how good new gems are so far?
"
Nowlech wrote:
In all honesty it looks like ED is getting a pretty big buff in terms of damage through new gems in 3.0. I will definitely test this and come back to this build once I have some currency in 3.0

The biggest portion of ED's single target is currently the poison one, especially when the target is shockable.

And in the current state of Beta poison does very bad damage with ED, even with heavy passive tree investments on it AND the new ailment supports. So I think that the poison support gem won't be used in Oriath (Decay support is a lot better and it allows the use of BotC instead of a decay dagger while still having the extra decay damage for single target purposes) and ED's single target in 3.0 will be a lot worse when compared to 2.6 if they don't change anything in the remaining weeks of Beta.

A possible setup I would use in Oriath for ED is ED / Void Manip / Decay / Rapid Decay / Efficacy / Less Duration (or Controlled Destruction).

ED's clear speed in 3.0, btw, should be similar to the current one.

The ES vaules will be lower by a significant margin (about 20-25% LESS than the 2.6 values), but I think that going ES (specifically lowlife) will still be better than life in the ED playstyle, since we don't leech and don't require Vaal Pact / Ghost Reaver to be safe.
I have to say that I am extremely skeptical of going CI/LL in 3.0.

I used my current flameblaster as a base, which has 13k ES on live, reduced Disc level, removed the "more" node behind CI, rerolled my gear to the values we currently know (full t1/2 flat/% rolls on all gear) and took off my rings. I then ended up with 7k ES, and had to get 300% ES from the tree to get to a nearly acceptable 8.5k ES.

Unless you can afford tripple t1 rolls on your gear, I hate to say that it feels like life/hybrid/MoM is going to be the way to go. With just t1/2 mana/life rolls on the gear it should be quite easy to at least get 6k life, 2-3k ES and around 1.5-2k unreserved mana for MoM.

The variance in playstyle and weapon setups also seems to take a hit. Unless someone manages to scale absurd amounts of crit multi to make some sort of poison based assassin work (which would be way better as a wander anyway), we seem to be stuck with decay as our only option. Decay based ED will be stronger than before in terms of damage, but the loss in survivability and options in building our characters in the current beta build is slightly sad in my opinion.
"
Nedieth wrote:
I have to say that I am extremely skeptical of going CI/LL in 3.0.

I used my current flameblaster as a base, which has 13k ES on live, reduced Disc level, removed the "more" node behind CI, rerolled my gear to the values we currently know (full t1/2 flat/% rolls on all gear) and took off my rings. I then ended up with 7k ES, and had to get 300% ES from the tree to get to a nearly acceptable 8.5k ES.

Unless you can afford tripple t1 rolls on your gear, I hate to say that it feels like life/hybrid/MoM is going to be the way to go. With just t1/2 mana/life rolls on the gear it should be quite easy to at least get 6k life, 2-3k ES and around 1.5-2k unreserved mana for MoM.

The variance in playstyle and weapon setups also seems to take a hit. Unless someone manages to scale absurd amounts of crit multi to make some sort of poison based assassin work (which would be way better as a wander anyway), we seem to be stuck with decay as our only option. Decay based ED will be stronger than before in terms of damage, but the loss in survivability and options in building our characters in the current beta build is slightly sad in my opinion.

Agreed, and I must say that CI is taking a much bigger hit in the face than LL. The loss of the triple ES node behind CI (15% more plus 16% increased) accounts for an extra immense ES loss which lowlife hasn't to account for. Also, Presence of Chayula will be still available to gain some extra ES as lowlife. I love playing LL with 3 auras and 2 blasphemy curses (Discipline, Clarity, Haste, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains), that isn't even an option if going CI.

I thought about the assassin thing but I honestly don't like that ascendancy choice for ED. Defenses are really horrible and I am not so sure that the damage gain is worth the efforts to build around all the poison damage / duration nodes and crit / crit multi to make the new PA keystone work.

A nerf to double dipping mechanics was expected and justified, but the whole new DoT system destroys build diversity because it forces to go in a precise direction... the same thing is probably going to happen for all the attack based ES builds which are forced to go lifebased to get instant leech even if it's extremely counterintuitive (especially HoWA or Whispering Ice).
gotta say that i've been playing your build in the beta ( so far lv 50 , act 7 ) the damage and the aoe is insane.
I can't understand from where i need to get healing the ED regen doesn't seem to be enough to survive some bosses' special attacks.
Except for the healing everythings works fine 3k dmg on ED and im only lv 50
thx for the build!
"
fensuta wrote:
"
Nowlech wrote:
"

What do you think about ES values changes in 3.0? Do you think it will be worth going CI/Low Life anyway?

I actually started with an ES based character in the beta to see how it turns out in 3.0.

It will still be viable for sure! I'm guessing with mediocre gear and a decently rolled shavs we will get around 7-9k ES. Which is fine with our ascendancy, since it recharges instantly, but we can't take a flameblast on Uber Atziri anymore (without a ruby flask) or just tank as much.

In all honesty it looks like ED is getting a pretty big buff in terms of damage through new gems in 3.0. I will definitely test this and come back to this build once I have some currency in 3.0

Great, i hope ED will be ok. And by the way, when you don't have enough currency to buy a Shavs in first days of the league, you just go CI instead of low life?

I personally have never bought a shavs. I have always farmed them myself bvia the dig cards. I typically started out doing shav in act 4 runs but honestly just shaping your map for scriptorium until you get one is the best bet. Alch scripts for double boss and it goes pretty quick. I farmed my first one this league in a single Friday night.
Last edited by coaa on Jun 27, 2017, 2:15:16 PM
I am really curious how this will turn out in 3.0
Hey, I was wandering how much essence drain dps should I be aiming for, is 44k a lot?
I haven't taken the build to shaper/guardians yet, and I'm curious how does it compare to the current meta monsters with a million+
Hi nowlech. Thanks for your build! Any more information on what you have found out since the wipe?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info