[3.0] HC/SC Nowlech's Trickster Essence Drain (LifeMoM/CI/LL) ~Shaper and Uber Atziri! Videos!

"
ccarles wrote:
"
Randomsanity wrote:
So why do people use breath of the council? The damage is much lower than using a rare wand with a lot of spell damage, or an apep's rage which increases the spell damage and cast speed.

I know I'm probably missing something, but the only reason can't be shield charge?

Apep rage won't help as it added damage only affects hits and we scale damage over time.

As for wand vs breath, a great deal of it is indeed mainly for shield charge as it lets you reposition easily during a fight and move faster between packs, you sacrifice ~30% spell damage for it if you gain 40% duration which is good for ED but even better for blight.

Ah, so it is acknowledged as lower damage and we're mostly after the duration? I suppose that makes sense for bosses. I use blight with the allelopathy gloves as well, but find it gets taken down too quickly in boss fights so this could be beneficial.

Similarly, do most use Cherrubim's for damage, or go for the cloak of defiance for the defensive bonus plus freeing up the skill points for mom?
Last edited by Randomsanity on Aug 19, 2017, 11:11:22 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
If you check OP profile you will see he has abondoned this build. Looks like ED is dead

Playing ED trickster LL with tri-curse, cruising through t15s and some t16s with 5L. I wouldn't say it's dead at all.
Trickster isn't the best at killing bosses(guardians) especially on a 5L but some are manageable and the clear speed is a lot better than occultist.
Last edited by robotuprising on Aug 19, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
"
Randomsanity wrote:
"
ccarles wrote:
"
Randomsanity wrote:
So why do people use breath of the council? The damage is much lower than using a rare wand with a lot of spell damage, or an apep's rage which increases the spell damage and cast speed.

I know I'm probably missing something, but the only reason can't be shield charge?

Apep rage won't help as it added damage only affects hits and we scale damage over time.

As for wand vs breath, a great deal of it is indeed mainly for shield charge as it lets you reposition easily during a fight and move faster between packs, you sacrifice ~30% spell damage for it if you gain 40% duration which is good for ED but even better for blight.

Ah, so it is acknowledged as lower damage and we're mostly after the duration? I suppose that makes sense for bosses. I use blight with the allelopathy gloves as well, but find it gets taken down too quickly in boss fights so this could be beneficial.

Similarly, do most use Cherrubim's for damage, or go for the cloak of defiance for the defensive bonus plus freeing up the skill points for mom?

You could use Cloak of defiance, for sure but the thing with that is the 3 mana nodes behind MoM, are huge and give us a crazy amount of mana. So even with the Cloak I would still spec into Mom and the nodes behind it.
Last edited by Nowlech on Aug 19, 2017, 1:22:18 PM
"
Nowlech wrote:

Spoiler

What's different with this from other ED builds?Hide

-I focused on being able to use whirling blades most of the time for getting around. So I made sure I got quite a bit of attack speed on my gloves and my dagger.

-I wanted BOTH Damage and a High Life Pool/Life Regen.

-Mind over Matter for our Life Version of this buiild.

-Weave of the Arcane gives us plenty of mana to work with, a 25% increase which is huge. Enabling us to use 2 Curses and Arctic Armour.
It also gives us insane mana regen, paired along with clarity, and you got free Whirling Blades and Contagions!
Whenever you use a skill you have a chance to regain most of your unreserved mana, which is perfect for ED, since you want to spam ED to get poison stacks, and not worry about using a mana flask all the time.
And just for an added bonus, it gives us 8% reduced damage taken for 4 seconds after using 200 mana!

Can you explain in a more beginner friendly the difference between your build and other ED build? Like for example the "MoM Essence Drain & Contagion Trickster [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Atziri]" (Sorry to link his build in yours). I put both on Path of Building and (I'm not sure) your build seems to have much more DMG and HP, while his have much more Mana (I believe he uses a Unique that gives "another" MoM 10%)

Thanks! xD
*wrong topic xD
Last edited by TheFashionable on Aug 20, 2017, 2:20:13 PM
Wouldn't this wand be good for this build:
Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Obliteration
Demon's Horn
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 57-149 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 8.89% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 56
Int: 179
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
34% increased Spell Damage
--------
Adds 25 to 90 Physical Damage
27% increased Critical Strike Chance
Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage
--------
We forge order from the world around us
Wielding anarchy and destruction as our tools of genesis.
This is really helpful, i wanted to get back to Essence Drain builds for a while, but got scared off by severe changes to DoT machanics. Im rolling this build now, and if it turns out nice, i'll try making an occultist ED build again, i've already got a few ideas. One thing i wanted to ask you; is Arcane Surge worth leveling up to level 20? The amount of mana you need to spend in order for it to proc is getting pretty high.
is atziri's splendour garb a viable chest piece for sc ? i have been reading this thread and a few others while leveling my ed trickster and just dont know what chest piece to go for. So far it is between a rare chest or cloak of defiance, i am leaning towards the cloak of defiance. But i saw someone post the idea of running atziri's chest
"
Dooder39 wrote:
Wouldn't this wand be good for this build:
Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Obliteration
Demon's Horn
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 57-149 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 8.89% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 56
Int: 179
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
34% increased Spell Damage
--------
Adds 25 to 90 Physical Damage
27% increased Critical Strike Chance
Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage
--------
We forge order from the world around us
Wielding anarchy and destruction as our tools of genesis.

The wand wouldn't be good for this build because if the explosion triggers, then your contagion would stop chaining at the enemy that exploded - hindering your regeneration from ED and clear speed.

The added physical damage and increased critical strike chance do nothing for ED because these stats scale the weapon and not ED.

The "Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" does nothing for ED because the base skill gem deals only chaos damage and no physical damage, thus it would add no "Extra Chaos Damage".

The only beneficial stat from using this wand is the implicit "xx% increased Spell Damage" which would increase your DoT and initial hits of all your spells.
Last edited by eketroe on Aug 20, 2017, 9:16:19 PM
"
VikingoGx wrote:
Hi, The build is very good, kill everything easily until maps tiers 16 with the base life / MoM

Total increase with flasks, they are 78k chaos damage per second in lv 89!

Spoiler

Update 21/08/2017:
The Totem Blight has huge debuff 80% reduced movement speed, it is safer against bosses ... now I am lv 90, increases to 93k Chaos damage per second

My Tree Skill lv 90
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAYCAQPuBLMHHgj0DkgPqxEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxhqHNwdviL0JIsmiCaVKPorCiycMtEzhzY9PAU8tj1fQYdFR0WdSRNJT0lRSbFSU1KvU1JVS1WFWAdauVxAXfJh4mKsZ_xo8mpDaoxsC2yMbRlw1HWedoJ4L3yDfOV_xoCzgseExYUyh8uJ4IsOjxqPRo_6kUeTH5MnlS6XLZeVl_Sa4Juhm7WdqqEvogCi2aXLpwinm7DYtAy00bVItzC3PriTu028qrzqvorAZsM6yAzIFMrTzxXXz9i92jvdX-ZY62Pr7u9874jwH_DV9W_31_k3-aT56P4K

Jewels: 2x Spreading Rot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info