[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

They changed the ascendancy for the slayer, might want to update the images on the guide. :)
How's this build doing in delve so far? Thinking of rerolling
So I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade next.. (btw, LOVE THE BUILD... scales so well from level 1 to 87)

I'm currently using cyclone, but as others have pointed out: might need to swap to lacerate for T14+ maps, unless I upgrade my weapon.

I'm kind of thinking option 3 seems the best:::

1)
If I swap a ring for Voidheart. Will remove a lot of life, and I'm going to be at like 55/55/75 resists. So I'll have to spend $$ on other gear to upgrade resistances.

2)
If I swap my helm for Devoto's with cyclone enchant... Will remove a lot of life, and I'm going to be 70/50/75 resists. So I'll have to spend $$ on other gear to upgrade resistances.

3)
Or... since I've already got 2 exalt saved up in about 3 days, just save up another 4 exalts and buy Starforge!!
Last edited by HighOfffTums on Sep 5, 2018, 1:57:37 PM
"
Hellsmith wrote:

I'm not sure how it compares to other builds for delving, but now that I'm finally starting to get the hang of delve mechanics this build is doing great! My approach has been to leave plenty of mobs alive on the main path so after completing a run I can go back and use them for leech while jumping into side areas. This gives a significant head start before the darkness stacks start kicking your ass... jump in a bit, drop a flare, kill more mobs for more overleech, and keep going. Once you get the hang of it it starts becoming easier. Vaal Pact can make it a bit more sketchy, but carrying a writhing jar can help with emergencies.

When mapping I tend to leap slam into the middle of packs for fortify/endurance charges, but you don't want to do this in the darkness since the mob pack + darkness can kill you by the time you get a flare down. I imagine phase run/movement speed builds are the best for delving, but overall I'm having a good time with this build.
Enjoying the build a lot, thanks for the guide!

I tried to look through the thread, so sorry if it's asked before, but would it be good using the major pantheon "Soul of the Arakali" specifically for the upgraded version that gives "50% increased recovery rate of life and energy shield if you've stopped taking damage over time recently"? Since we want the life recovery stat on our belt, I assume the pantheon works the same way? We do run blood rage and cwdt immortal call, so proccin the pantheon won't be a problem.

I don't know if it's better than Solaris, but I guess that depends on what kind of leech you're doing: vaal pact, amulet (or not), etc.
"
HighOfffTums wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade next..

Just get proper resistance rolls (at least 2x T2 per item) and voidheart(damage). You'll have to sacrifice a bit of life, but the increased damage + your leech should make up for it.
In the end you'll be tankier and do more damage for not even 1ex investment.

"
Hellsmith wrote:

Delving works great. You can use an Experimenters quartz flask and Withering jar to get out of sticky situations and the overleech from attacking mobs protects you from the darkness itself or from the mobs in it.
Last edited by tzzui on Sep 5, 2018, 3:31:52 PM
"
tzzui wrote:

Just get proper resistance rolls (at least 2x T2 per item) and voidheart(damage). You'll have to sacrifice a bit of life, but the increased damage + your leech should make up for it.
In the end you'll be tankier and do more damage for not even 1ex investment.

I don't really understand why the focus on Voidheart, and how does poison really shine for this build when (1) they are already bleeding so take more damage from ailments and (2) everything dies instantly anyway?

P.S. I fixed resists as suggested (thank you) & bought Voidheart, maybe it made a little improvement, hard to tell with T9 maps :-P
Last edited by HighOfffTums on Sep 5, 2018, 9:02:00 PM
Why use damage on full life? I haven't been full life since I started using blood rage, always showing like 10 below max hp
"
vTRUTHv wrote:
Why use damage on full life? I haven't been full life since I started using blood rage, always showing like 10 below max hp

if only we had a quip in the gems section about full li- oh wait

"
And many others! Choose your poison :)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_2.6.0
"Full life condition can now be met if the recovery is greater than the damage over time."
TLDR: This means Blood Rage doesn't murder the gem's usefulness.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
Squatch wrote:
For anyone else that is finding lacerate's clear speed to be lackluster: Try cyclone. .......

I noticed this too. Demi said that Lacerate isn't the highest DPS, but I'm seeing approximately half DPS. Cyclone = 12k, Lacerate = 6k tooltip (I'm still lower level). I've never been a really high level (80+) with pimped out gear, so it may not matter once you can do that much DPS as he's shown.

But I like the mechanics of Lacerate more. Cyclone drives me insane :D. Fighting bosses is hard because you can't just leap slam out of the way quickly.

I would love to cross this builds survivability with frost blades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info