[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

Hi Demi!

Im intressted to to try playing with ice crash and i found this
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzLqQvmc8aA

What would u say is the big difference if u compare your slayer vs his jugg,
pros vs cons.

Is the slayer a better option then the jugg using ice crash or is it hard to compare them=??==?
-
Last edited by tzzui on Sep 3, 2018, 8:58:15 PM
Any reason why we aren't using Haemophilia gloves for faster mob clear speed? Would it be too hard to cap resists?
For anyone else that is finding lacerate's clear speed to be lackluster: Try cyclone.

I just switched to cyclone in the 4 link described in the guide (faster attacks, melee phys dmg, dmg on full life) and it is blowing lacerate out of the water. Especially in delves, where you can just hold right click and blow right through it. My cyclone is only level 14 too, compared to level 18 for my lacerate.

I'm going to keep leveling lacerate in my off hand...But I just don't see why we wouldn't just use cyclone going forward. It feels so much better than lacerate, in my opinion. With lacerate, I could cast my warchief totem at every mob encounter and it would kill the pack before I would've been able to with lacerate.

I should note that the only unique from the build I have so far is the Voidheart ring, so maybe lacerate will be better once I get farther into the build and start collecting more of the end game items. All I know is that I got tired of having my warchief totem clear packs faster than I could with lacerate. Now I can hold right click and zoom through maps, only popping my vaal warchief on bosses.
Last edited by Squatch on Sep 3, 2018, 11:58:52 PM
Just finished the content and started doing maps with the cyclone variant of this build.

For those who are still leveling, just a piece of advise: upgrade your axe as soon as you can.

The first unique axe I have used was

and afterwards, trying to cap the resists, I kind of forgot about it. Next item i bought was the carnage heart

I don't if it was a good decision or not (too expensive at that point, 7 chaos), however it fixed my INT and capped my resits.

Finally I realized that I was struggling due to the low damage and I bought for 1 chaos

This changed the build completely. My tooltip DPS increased 5 times and suddenly everything started to melt, even the hard bosses. I had a single death after upgrading the axe and that was to Argus.

In rest, with my 4L cyclone, just hold right click and spin until the end of the map. Many times I even forget about endurance charges, warchief, flask. Everything melts. And my gear is really shitty.

Don't waste to much time in Delve while leveling, you have all the time in the world while doing maps.

P.S.: Do the labs as soon as you can.
"
Squatch wrote:
Any reason why we aren't using Haemophilia gloves for faster mob clear speed? Would it be too hard to cap resists?

Ithink you'll have to change devotos for something with resistance, if you will try those gloves let me know how that works.

As for lacerate low clearspeed, i must disagree. Leveled with it, and playing atm. My char has shitty gear, jewelery and even worst jewels, but it gets things done pretty fast. Level 98 delve atm and T6 maps. I know thats not much, will update later.

pob
https://pastebin.com/Krjv4QFL
I am doing the build now its pretty awesome tried Lacerate but it is lacking in the begginig as other people said. Going with Tectonic Slam right now, pretty solid damage and its fun. I was wondering is Blood Magic a must and if we choose not to go Blood Magic does something significant changes in the build, I guess if we don't we have 4 more spare skill points?
"
magicbeluga wrote:
I was wondering is Blood Magic a must and if we choose not to go Blood Magic does something significant changes in the build, I guess if we don't we have 4 more spare skill points?

35% increased life + you will need mana gained on hit or dmg % leeched as mana.

Btw. What I am really missing is Leap slam ASPD. It feels sooo damn uncomfortable (
Anys suggestions based on my pob link? ty.
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Sep 4, 2018, 9:50:38 AM
I've been going back and forth between lacerate and cyclone like others have recently mentioned. Just started mapping and I'm leaning toward lacerate. Leap slamming into packs for endurance charges and fortify feels more natural with lacerate since cyclone brings a tendency to just spin through everything. Additionally you have to worry about movement speed with cyclone since movement speed determines your cyclone movement speed. I feel like I'd want a quicksilver flask if I were using cyclone, or at least 30% ms boots. I also find it more annoying to get stuck cyclone's spin animation than multistrike, and with all our attack speed the multistrike animation doesn't take that long. So I'm lacerating for now, but will see how things feel as I progress! Thanks for the great guide Demi.
"
c2mind wrote:
I've been going back and forth between lacerate and cyclone like others have recently mentioned. Just started mapping and I'm leaning toward lacerate. Leap slamming into packs for endurance charges and fortify feels more natural with lacerate since cyclone brings a tendency to just spin through everything. Additionally you have to worry about movement speed with cyclone since movement speed determines your cyclone movement speed. I feel like I'd want a quicksilver flask if I were using cyclone, or at least 30% ms boots. I also find it more annoying to get stuck cyclone's spin animation than multistrike, and with all our attack speed the multistrike animation doesn't take that long. So I'm lacerating for now, but will see how things feel as I progress! Thanks for the great guide Demi.

Honestly, with cyclone right now in low tier maps, things melt so fast that I don't even need to worry about fortify. I have a feeling that I'll switch back to lacerate when I hit late game, just because like you mentioned, it's easy to leap slam in and use lacerate with high attack speed.

And yeah, I'm using a quicksilver, which definitely feels like a must right now with cyclone. I doubt I'll be able to get by with a quicksilver when it comes time to do red tier maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info