[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
Blade Flurry more damage per stage reduced to 10% (down from 20%). Now has 20% less Area of Effect at all levels. Base damage reduced to 30-45% (down from 45-56.4%)."

how does that impact us?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Any pointers on using this as a league starter?
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
Blade Flurry more damage per stage reduced to 10% (down from 20%). Now has 20% less Area of Effect at all levels. Base damage reduced to 30-45% (down from 45-56.4%)."

how does that impact us?

Hehe, I've seen this before...

I assume you're referring to this fake post:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2032155

Look at the date of the posting:

And since when is 3.2 called "War For the Council"?

"
tinosuper wrote:

Nothing much to it... Just pick all the str/damage up first and then worry about life and res. It's a pretty OP way to start the game and you shouldn't have any issues.

But tbh, it really depends on how familiar you are with the game...

What would you say you are? newbie, semi-knowledgeable, or a very-experienced PoE player?
Last edited by corosou on Feb 27, 2018, 6:58:06 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
tinosuper wrote:

Nothing much to it... Just pick all the str/damage up first and then worry about life and res. It's a pretty OP way to start the game and you shouldn't have any issues.

What would you say you are? newbie, semi-knowledgeable, or a very-experienced PoE player?

Newbie. Started playing a couple weeks ago and got to level 90 to get used to the game. Bestiary will be my real first league.
Last edited by tinosuper on Feb 27, 2018, 7:42:23 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
tinosuper wrote:

I have the same question myself, and my answer to what I am would be: it usually takes me ~20 hours of game play before I am able to start mapping. (About 1-2 hours of that is finding gear to hit 75% net all resists before doing maps.) Maybe pseudo semi-knowledgeable (I've used PoB to try to figure out why my damage is too low compared to other people with the same build as mine.)

I did try the BF build in Abyss, using ideas from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050203/ -- I stopped playing because fundamentally the character would get unpredictably one shot in red maps. So I am finding your guide very interesting and hopeful. But it wasn't a league starter -- I already had currency and items from my actual league starter build.

"
tinosuper wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
"
tinosuper wrote:

Newbie. Started playing a couple weeks ago and got to level 90 to get used to the game. Bestiary will be my real first league.

Ok, if you got to lvl 90 already then u have a pretty good base.

Just pick a physical dmg skill. Sunder or something, and u can switch into BF as soon as you get it.

Grab all the damage, str and life is usually pretty good just from the str.

Damage comes in large part from jewels. So look for both regular ones and abyss ones. No idea how rare abyss ones will be, but both can be pretty cheap.

You want to get +phys dmg anywhere and as much as you can. Can never have too much.

Really the build makes the game easy mode. I doubt you'll have any problems. If you do, it's most likely elemental resists.

GL!
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
"
tinosuper wrote:

I have the same question myself, and my answer to what I am would be: it usually takes me ~20 hours of game play before I am able to start mapping. (About 1-2 hours of that is finding gear to hit 75% net all resists before doing maps.) Maybe pseudo semi-knowledgeable (I've used PoB to try to figure out why my damage is too low compared to other people with the same build as mine.)

I did try the BF build in Abyss, using ideas from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050203/ -- I stopped playing because fundamentally the character would get unpredictably one shot in red maps. So I am finding your guide very interesting and hopeful. But it wasn't a league starter -- I already had currency and items from my actual league starter build.

Read what I just replied previously as it applies to you as well.

IMO the issue with that build is lack of armour and evasion. Sure, because the signature feature of the build, the insta-leech, is so OP, you can get away with a lot of mindless running around, easy mode gaming... and the more experienced you are as a player, the better you will do with low armour/evasion, because you have an innate understanding of how to avoid damage, etc. But that feeling takes some time to acquire, so the less experienced you are, the more you are gonna run into those "wtf???" one-shots.

Personally I like my builds well balanced. I don't like any of that "this build is only good for this and only using these items". If the build isn't good at everything, then I just won't share it.

In the end the crucial mistake in the approach in that variant is forgetting that this game is more about staying alive than doing the most damage. Specially if you want to push into 90+, where death carries such a huge penalty.

Being a glass cannon is fun, until you die over and over and over. You do no DPS when you're dead..
Main post updated with 3.2 Ascendancy options.

GL!
Thanks for your work! Build looks awesome. Can't wait to start this build again in Bestiary league.

I have one question though:
Why are you using the Chance to Bleed support if Elemental Damage with attacks gives more dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info