[3.0] Fall of Oriath Mechanic Changes/Discussion

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced by 15% at level 1, down to 25% less damage at level 20. Scorching Ray now does not lock onto targets if you are holding your standing-attack key.

Scorching Ray now assumes a cast time of 4 seconds for calculating damage in PvP, down from 30 seconds. This will result in significantly reduced damage in PvP.
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:57:49 PM
how the fuck did glacial cascade get buffed? haha

...and were the patch notes seriously suggesting that the legacy vinktar's aren't changing (listed under can be rerolled to current chanegs with divine)? wtf.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced by 15% at level 1, down to 25% less damage at level 20. Scorching Ray now does not lock onto targets if you are holding your standing-attack key.

Scorching Ray now assumes a cast time of 4 seconds for calculating damage in PvP, down from 30 seconds. This will result in significantly reduced damage in PvP.

Finally SENPAI NOTICED US!!
a glimmer of hope for further improvements re PVP balance?
...looks like i'm still going to be using a witch for a trapper.

can't believe saboteur isn't getting changed. what a shitty ascendancy.

kind of surprised pathfinder isn't really nerfed, either.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
how the fuck did glacial cascade get buffed? haha

...and were the patch notes seriously suggesting that the legacy vinktar's aren't changing (listed under can be rerolled to current chanegs with divine)? wtf.

Acuities and vinktar will longer leech es, even legacy. And legacy GS confirmed limited to 3 since they both are under "The following changes affect existing items automatically:" section
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The 'Elemental Damage with Weapons' stats that were found on the passive tree, items, and the Weapon Elemental Damage support have been replaced with 'Elemental Damage with Attack Skills'.
This has two notable effects:
These new stats now modify all of the damage dealt by Attack Skills, not just the attack damage. This means that Damage Over Time dealt by an attack skill, such as Ignite and Secondary Damage (including the explosion from Infernal Blow), will be affected as well. We've made this change to create a natural increase in Ignite damage for characters investing in Elemental Attacks, as a benefit for fire characters.

A buff to EA.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Skills linked to Cast While Channeling now do 70% less damage in PvP.

Instead of actually fixing the broken part of T-value abuse, they gutted it completely. Even with the most abused version it's damage was comparable to self-casting, so 70% is uncalled for.

FYI some negative cast speed abuse still remains, all CWDT/CWS triggers, and Lightning Trap as well because the T override is only on the trap support, and not specificly on LT.

At first all the other fixes might sound like a good move, but I worry that the diversity will be still low.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Some needed changes are here. Mb reanimate my EA igniter.

Spoiler

"

Kinetic Blast can no longer deal explosion damage to the target it hit with its initial projectiles. This is unlikely to affect any previously existing encounters except in niche cases, and will primarily affect fights with very large entities introduced in this patch.

It doesn`t affect kB in any way?
My EA Ignite Build view-thread/1661184
My shop view-thread/1078495
Last edited by begrenzen on Aug 2, 2017, 6:19:33 AM
Looks like GGG is removing troll builds abilities to deal serious damage wich is exactly as it should be (don't see any T value to Blight tho and new death oath will probably be the next cancer build against Life).

Otherwise I don't see many important changes, meta will probably stay the same with a possible switch to life for ranger and low Life for casters. Chaos damages will become relevant again so get those chaos res items while they are cheap.

"
begrenzen wrote:

"

Kinetic Blast can no longer deal explosion damage to the target it hit with its initial projectiles. This is unlikely to affect any previously existing encounters except in niche cases, and will primarily affect fights with very large entities introduced in this patch.

It doesn`t affect kB in any way?

It's still a serious nerf, you are loosing the inital hit dps wich can lead to 33% nerf in case of initial hit + 2 Overlap.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 2, 2017, 6:28:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info