[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
Zangdahr wrote:
OUPS haha :D

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2184129/page/1

I dropped gladiator when they redid the champion ascendancy as I felt champion was a lot stronger, but they are very similar builds, both are converting physical to cold and doing 100% cold damage and both will end up costing about the same.

The gladiator gets a little more block and the reduction endurance charges and he is running arctic armor (but doesnt have permanent fortify and the 6% reduced damage of the champion). To me Rumi's would be a must to get that block as high as possible to get the benefit from violent retialition (although from memory the buffs from that only last about 1 second).

It is using the abyssus helm, the question is whether endurance charges/arctic will make up for the extra damage taken (I had hoped to try it with a juggernaught in flashback but have probably run out of time, I die a lot when using it with the champion :) if you have to be careful with placement then it sounds like I would die too :)

A minor note is that his build is in standard and his flasks are stronger than what can bought in leagues, but they are similar enough that gearing is the same. I couldn't stand having 0% movement speed even with whirling blades but that is just personal preference. Swords with extra cold damage would add more dps, better rings and I would still go tombfist and yoke of suffering to get shock and intimidate.
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 19, 2018, 2:47:12 AM
What do you mean by "accuracy no longer helps champion after first hit"?
and would it be viable to use ruthless and ancestral call, if you dropped hypothermia?
"
tdogpresley wrote:
and would it be viable to use ruthless and ancestral call, if you dropped hypothermia?

Hi!,

With Worthy Foe, taunted enemies cannot evade so accuracy is no longer a factor once the enemy is taunted/ has been hit once (my understanding is the cannot evade just puts accuracy at 100%).

I went with Ruthless as a swap for Ancestral as it is a melee only gem. Hypothermia cant be used to swap because it is green (although maim is only a little less effective and could be used in place of hypo).
currently i use elemental damage w/ attacks + ruthless + multistrike + faster attacks support. im planning to add melee physical dmg once i get the 6l. the clear speed and single target damage is very good, if not better than, ancestral call and/or hypothermia. does this sound appropriate for this build?
Last edited by tdogpresley on Aug 21, 2018, 6:09:02 PM
I´m sorry if it was already discussed, but since you can´t search something on a thread:

Why not Point Blank? It´s just one point, and would be a nice boost to the proj part of frost blades, against the closer enemies (which is most tbh since we are close to the packs).
Newbie question. How do you get full ice dmg. I mean the frost blade covert 60%. And in gear i didnt see anything.
"
Wunju wrote:
I´m sorry if it was already discussed, but since you can´t search something on a thread:

Why not Point Blank? It´s just one point, and would be a nice boost to the proj part of frost blades, against the closer enemies (which is most tbh since we are close to the packs).

Hi, from memory :) I couldnt really notice the difference, probably should try it again as you say it is 1 point. try and see what you think :)
"
DirgeInferno wrote:
Newbie question. How do you get full ice dmg. I mean the frost blade covert 60%. And in gear i didnt see anything.

Hi, Winter spirit and the node before it on the tree converts the other 40% :)
Hello dude, and thanks again for your build.

I have a weird question i need to ask, i'm not a huge fan of frostblade (mainly for his aesthetic), do you think your build could work with wild strike ?
Last edited by mrtournevis on Sep 2, 2018, 6:12:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info