[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

Used this as my league starter, got to 90 without even trying with utter garbage gear (literally, practically no life/damage on gear just mostly res capping).

Going to come back to this now with more currency and optimize for endgame, since my other build is ES and that's actually pretty shitty to explore in delves. Also Frost Blades is very relaxed for delves nodes.

Some things i've found while theorycrafting and testing fossils:
- Herald of Purity is op. 2nd highest gains after Hatred as well as tanky minions (that actually add some free damage as well AND distract bosses, invaluable).

- Running Herald of Purity + Hatred + a shaped ring with Assassin's Mark is insane. That's how i pushed so easily on the character, through sheer insane clear deeps.

- Both Vaal Double Strike and the new Vaal Ancestral Warchief are excellent for more boss damage. I actually ran both in a 4link setup each and they pretty much global most map bosses up to late red maps, which can be handy and is invaluable early on on bad gear.

- Fossil crafting holds insane potential for weapons and other slots as well.

Possible foil with fossils:

300% phys
adds 25-45 phys
26 ias
50-60% increased damage on full life (that's a suffix lol)
40-60% elemental damage OR 16-20 elemental pen (2 prefixes for weapons from 1 fossil)
40% crit

^
Jagged + Pristine + Prismatic fossils

Have fun crafting! I will update if i manage anything amazing =)
Last edited by Miffy23 on Sep 8, 2018, 8:52:44 AM
Hi Thanks for this!

yeah I am really enjoying herald of purity, I alternated between it and blasphemy/assassins and even without the curse on hit ring, it feels good.

(I held off getting curse on hit until I had a yoke and could balance resists better and in hindsight should have bought the yoke rather than try to farm one :) and bought a ring and just changed later if needed)

I'll have to try the vaal skills

Yeah there are some beautiful swords around! I went claws to try them out properly, life gain on hit is fantastic in the darkness but high end claws are no match for swords so will change back later :)

Just did this babe on league, price - 75c, feel free to pm me when I'm online or PM on forum, and I'll write you later
I actually backed off of this character, it just didn't hold up in endgame for me. Yoke, Tombfist, Perseverance and Loreweave as well as Assassin's Mark ring but damage was still subpar for how squishy the build ends up being. 5k ish life without dodge as a melee is pretty hefty for guardian maps/deep delves i've found, you just get chunked on way too much.

It can definitely be scaled much higher damage-wise with great rings and fossil-crafted weapons, but the squishiness will remain, so suboptimal for endgame bosses and delve pushing, when a lot of mob spawns on nodes will near one-shot you at that life/mitigation level.

Potentially better if the build is adapted to include a lot more dodge/evasion and gear accordingly.

It's an excellent league starter and currency generator up to about roughly T12 maps i'd say though.
hope you had a good time playing it for a while
What do people think about Skin of the Loyal? No health or resists, but with the defenses the build gets in the Ascendancy, it seems like it would be viable.

(I'm sorry if this has already come up - I don't know if there's a way to search within this thread only.)
"
resipsa wrote:
What do people think about Skin of the Loyal? No health or resists, but with the defenses the build gets in the Ascendancy, it seems like it would be viable.

(I'm sorry if this has already come up - I don't know if there's a way to search within this thread only.)

Hi, personally I prefer the elemental damage reduction from loreweave or the extra life from a belly but if it works for you then great :D
Oh, it's just curiosity at this point. I've not run the numbers, and I'm still assembling gear for end game. I did get a decent Belly just drop for me; nothing great and I still have to try to link it, but a little luck and I'll run with that for a while.
Sorry I going to let this build guide die off, very simply after 18 frost blades characters I'm bored and it is time for other things :)
"
WildWombat wrote:
Sorry I going to let this build guide die off, very simply after 18 frost blades characters I'm bored and it is time for other things :)

It's okay, we understand that. I played this build with your guide 3 leagues with three different classes and now I have Scion with 6kk DPS, completed ALL content and I was so happy like never before because of your guide. Your guide in comparison with others is the best, so many details and explains. Thanks alot and I hope that the new guide will be same excellent as this.
Last edited by Cipher_TV on Sep 28, 2018, 9:18:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info