[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
SevenNights wrote:
It wouldn't be about the bleeding, but rather the 48 to 71 phys dmg added to attacks at lvl 21. Not sure if this scales better with your champion build than +30% more damage from maim, as I haven't been able to test it myself yet.

Hi

with my current build POB tells me I get +235k dps with chance to bleed as 6th gem and +344k dps with maim
"
or0b0to wrote:
Quick question regarding the 6-Link for FB on this build.

Why go with all of the Physical Damage modifiers instead of cold?

I'm only level 58 right now, so I know there's lots of room for the build to grow, but I've swapped between the following two setups while working through the story:

1) FB - Ele Damage - Ancestral Call - Maim - Ruthless - Melee Phys

and

2) FB - Ele Damage - Ancestral Call - Added Cold - Hypothermia - Melee Phys

The second setup where I'm adding Added Cold and Hypo clears much much faster than the first setup based around the 6 link in the build description.

Am I missing something about how these gems interact with each other, and why one setup is preferable to the other?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Hi

Added cold doesn't seem to scale that well for us, a number of gems give us higher dps. I think it is because of our scaling physical damage.

Hypothermia is a hard one. It is very powerful, for dps would be about 4th gem and it gives great bonuses to chill. But it only affects chilled enemies so first hit it doesnt do anything so we are hitting with a 5 link first time (although that isnt a real big deal with our attack speed).

My concern was that bosses at higher tiers we are relying on the 5 link to get them chilled so that hypothermia kicks in making bosses harder at first and then get destroyed. in replying I just carefully went over the chill mechanics and now thinking that maybe it isnt a problem and worth doing so something to test :)

Gotcha.

I see what you're saying with the added cold. I did a few runs without it but with Hypo, and it was a marginal addition. One of the phys scaling gems definitely made clearing smoother.

Hypo on the other hand has "felt" good. I have no data to back that up though. I think maybe it's because my character is still a little weak, so I don't one shot a lot of stuff. Then that first hit applies the debuff and hypo kicks in afterwards.

Perhaps with better gear it will feel less useful and the other phys gems will be clear winners.

Thanks for the reply, thoroughly enjoying this build so far!

Awesome guide, thanks for this.

Can you speak to the viability of this build on hardcore? Sure it's 'possible' but how good/viable is it actually in a hardcore setting? I can figure out the gearing and stat priority myself, but I always struggle to rebuild passives (I don't know what DPS passives I can remove in favor of some defensive ones, etc.).

Should I even consider this for an Abyss HC character or look elsewhere? Any help would be very much appreciated.

(If you/anyone cared enough to rework the passives tree for a hardcore focused version of this build, that'd be amazing. I'm not knowledgeable enough for that, else I'd do it myself.)
"
Fluxxed wrote:
Awesome guide, thanks for this.

Can you speak to the viability of this build on hardcore? Sure it's 'possible' but how good/viable is it actually in a hardcore setting? I can figure out the gearing and stat priority myself, but I always struggle to rebuild passives (I don't know what DPS passives I can remove in favor of some defensive ones, etc.).

Should I even consider this for an Abyss HC character or look elsewhere? Any help would be very much appreciated.

(If you/anyone cared enough to rework the passives tree for a hardcore focused version of this build, that'd be amazing. I'm not knowledgeable enough for that, else I'd do it myself.)

Hi, I've never played hardcore so a bit limited in what I can say. The scion is definetly squisher at lvl90ish, although I havent tried different options for 2nd ascendancy.

My biggest cause of death is using whirling blades and crashing into a mob that is too strong :D

I'd use starjonkas although it makes it harder to balance resists. You could easily remove primeval force cluster and put it into defenses, probably inc taking the cloth and chain for 2 of those points to get resists and 36% inc armour and evasion. I took off fencing cluster in 3.0 for a while to increase life.

Hope this helps
Hi, I've been following your build and I'm really impressed with the DPS I get.
I have a question to ask:
I found out that the DPS is higher when you swap the MAIM support with Elemental Focus (250 to 300k for me). Is there any other reason that you used MAIM instead of Elemental Focus?

If possible, can you give some comments of my items? :D
I'm trying to find a ring which gives good physical damage with resistance after I know that the elemental attack does not add as much damage as the physical damage.
The helmet does not not have good resistance but it was cheap so I need to cover back the resistance on my rings,amulet and shoe.
I'm also trying to replace my tabula with belly of the beast.
(Please ignore the blood rage linked with cwdt, because I'm too lazy to keep pressing it.)

Anyway, it's a very nice build.
This is the 1st time I played POE and it's very easy to play for me.

https://pastebin.com/qmmuVmUY (I'm following your talent tree except some of it I put to make the 40 DEX jewel and some INT for my item requirement.)

Spoiler
Last edited by Fap76 on Dec 26, 2017, 12:28:08 PM
Hi,

good build, i have taken the scion variant, all guardian done (deathless when you know the fight), shaper down (1 death), red elder done (deathless).

https://pastebin.com/YHC4qTG5

Spoiler

the sword can be upgrade (better roll, or good rare with accuracy on jewelry)

with one pacifism jewel, i can run blood rage for the 20% attack speed.
Hi, could you add to the guide leveling tree (20-40-60-80-100), for newbies?,please.
"
Fap76 wrote:
Hi, I've been following your build and I'm really impressed with the DPS I get.
I have a question to ask:
I found out that the DPS is higher when you swap the MAIM support with Elemental Focus (250 to 300k for me). Is there any other reason that you used MAIM instead of Elemental Focus?

If possible, can you give some comments of my items? :D
I'm trying to find a ring which gives good physical damage with resistance after I know that the elemental attack does not add as much damage as the physical damage.
The helmet does not not have good resistance but it was cheap so I need to cover back the resistance on my rings,amulet and shoe.
I'm also trying to replace my tabula with belly of the beast.
(Please ignore the blood rage linked with cwdt, because I'm too lazy to keep pressing it.)

Anyway, it's a very nice build.
This is the 1st time I played POE and it's very easy to play for me.

https://pastebin.com/qmmuVmUY (I'm following your talent tree except some of it I put to make the 40 DEX jewel and some INT for my item requirement.)

Spoiler

Hi, yes elemental focus is great for damage but unfortunately we lose the freeze and chill.
Your gear is looking good, now it is just replace as you find or can afford better items.
I'd rework your tree a bit taking the primeval force cluster off and the dex below fight for survival and work your way over the left for strong arm and pick up versatility for the dex and intelligence

"
juicyboy13 wrote:
Hi, could you add to the guide leveling tree (20-40-60-80-100), for newbies?,please.

done :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info