Please ladies don't breast feed inside a restaurant.

Personally, I think it's kind of a matter of respecting the other consumers here. The whole "it's natural" doesn't mean anything.

Farting is natural, you don't do that at a restaurant. Why? Because it's a lack of class and it's disgusting for others. The same go for breastfeeding (although I don't find it disgusting, I do think it's a lack of class). But then again, bringing a baby to a restaurant is a lack of class in itself because nobody and I really mean NOBODY want to have a dinner disturbed by a crying baby.

So if you want to have a dinner while you have a baby, do everyone a favor and hire a babysitter for an evening. Everyone is happy and you won't be embarrassed if your baby start to make a ruckus in the restaurant.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
Personally, I think it's kind of a matter of respecting the other consumers here. The whole "it's natural" doesn't mean anything.

If we deny whole those "I understand" things, we have to accept a reality where we can stay comfortable only in the shelter isolated from "others" who doesn't share their opinion (like crying babies).
Without those "I understand" things, "public" cannot exist. I don't think "public" is natural.

Maybe this argument is to hide crying babies from someone's sight ?
Stop Bombing
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Apr 23, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
"
finisterre wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

If we deny whole those "I understand" things, we have to accept a reality where we can stay comfortable only in the shelter isolated from "others" who doesn't share their opinion.
Without those "I understand" things, "public" cannot exist. I don't think "public" is natural though.

Maybe this argument is to hide crying babies from someone's sight ?

The thing is that both sides needs to understand the viewpoint of each other.

side A: My baby is hungry, I gotta feed him.
side B: We don't want you to breastfeed in a food establishment.

Compromise: feed him with bottled milk that you took before going to the restaurant. It's fair, it fills both side without any issues (although bringing a baby to a restaurant itself is questionable but whatever)
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

The thing is that both sides needs to understand the viewpoint of each other.

I edited my previous post to make my point clear.
"
"others" who doesn't share their opinion (like crying babies).

Your augment stands by ignoring babies.
Stop Bombing
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Tell the kid to stop being such a tightwad and choose something from the menu like everyone else.
"
faerwin wrote:
Compromise: feed him with bottled milk that you took before going to the restaurant. It's fair, it fills both side without any issues (although bringing a baby to a restaurant itself is questionable but whatever)

This is what I said at the start of the thread. If you breastfeed in a busy restaurant, you are doing it for attention. If its simply to feed a kid, just put it in a bottle. No one objects to feeding children, they just don't want to see your saggy tits while they are eating, and there is no reason why they should need to.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

This is what I said at the start of the thread. If you breastfeed in a busy restaurant, you are doing it for attention. If its simply to feed a kid, just put it in a bottle. No one objects to feeding children, they just don't want to see your saggy tits while they are eating, and there is no reason why they should need to.

Wow, someone has some serious issues. I hope more women breastfeed around you in public.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

If Breast feeding is legal and allowed, and it is not a socially accepted norm, it is not a justifiable reason to demand they stop because you don't like it. It is actually your personal problem not their.

Let's ban crying babies and their diapers and poo poo. Kids screaming, yelling and throwing food. And people farting, blurting and picking their noses. Breast feeding is not first on my list.
"
deathflower wrote:
If Breast feeding is legal and allowed, and it is not a socially accepted norm, it is not a justifiable reason to demand they stop because you don't like it. It is actually your personal problem not their.

This is a discussion, on the internet, I'm not demanding anything, I'm expressing my opinion. As to whether it's allowed, I have no idea what the laws are in America or whether businesses are allowed to disallow breast feeding on their premises. As I mentioned before, it simply isn't an issue where I live. I translated a bit of this thread for my girlfriend and she legit just thought I was making it up. She found it very hard to believe that women are arguing for the right to get their tits out in public and using their kids as an excuse when they could just put it in a bottle (she also rightly pointed out that if you're going out, putting it in a bottle would be way more practical).

"
Let's ban crying babies and their diapers and poo poo. Kids screaming, yelling and throwing food.

Fully agree, I don't go to restaurants that allow that kind of shit. If your kids are too young/poorly behaved to sit down and eat then you shouldn't be taking them to restaurants.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This is a discussion, on the internet, I'm not demanding anything, I'm expressing my opinion. As to whether it's allowed, I have no idea what the laws are in America or whether businesses are allowed to disallow breast feeding on their premises. As I mentioned before, it simply isn't an issue where I live. I translated a bit of this thread for my girlfriend and she legit just thought I was making it up. She found it very hard to believe that women are arguing for the right to get their tits out in public and using their kids as an excuse when they could just put it in a bottle (she also rightly pointed out that if you're going out, putting it in a bottle would be way more practical).

Most mothers are modestly covered. I don't get why your girlfriend would think women are arguing for the right to get their tits out in public. Have you heard of mothers getting negative comments and nasty looks when breastfeeding in public? Most of the time mothers breast feed their babies and nothing happens. Is it somehow different in your area?
Last edited by deathflower on Apr 24, 2017, 6:39:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info