The Son of God:

If god exist he voted for Trump I can garantee you.
Deuteronomy 20

"When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

But in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes, but you shall devote them to complete destruction, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, as the Lord your God has commanded, that they may not teach you to do according to all their abominable practices that they have done for their gods, and so you sin against the Lord your God."

Meaning: These people follow a different God than you do so kill all of them. Ignore the fact that I, exclusively the God of the jews, have never even shown myself to them so they don't even know I exist, kill them anyway so that you aren't tempted to follow other Gods. Also feel free to take the women and young children girls to be your forced sex slaves, as my gift to you. Something made more explicitly clear in Numbers in another separate event where God gifts female children to his followers for use as sex slaves and forced wives.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves."

Last edited by BodyHammer01 on May 19, 2017, 11:55:21 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I haven't attacked anything. You're instructing me to go and ask people to justify genocide and slaughter, its weird and of course I'm not going to do it. Your God has no concept of peace, when he gets pissed off he literally wipes out humanity and starts again. Its horrible.

You take passages from the Bible you do not understand out of context, and based on this you invent a position for God, then demand Christians explain this invented position to you, and then you tell us you are not actually interested in finding out the truth about the Bible or having any of your attacks explained to you.

This is clearly trolling and attacking Christianity.

Nono, you have clearly misunderstood. I took nothing out of context. I called genocide genocide. You're the one who thinks it can be justified with context. I pointed out that your God's way of dealing with his enemies and people who made him unhappy was to kill them on a massive scale. You're the one who thinks context is relevant to that, and my whole point is that it isn't. You haven't offered any meaningful response of any kind other than to point me in the direction of people who would "contextualize" the violent atrocities in the Bible.

Not interested in finding out the truth about the Bible? Are you saying that the Bible doesn't claim God killed everyone in a massive flood? He didn't instruct and command genocide against the Amakelites? He didn't torture David's baby to death as a means of punishing David? I've read the book and the claims I've made of its contents are entirely truthful.

If you're going to accuse me of being untruthful, I hope you have examples ready. What claims have I made that are untrue?

You have stated you have no interest in hearing an explanation or justification from a Christian source. So it only stands to reason that your purpose of posting in the thread is to troll and attack Christianity.
Last edited by Kamchatka on May 19, 2017, 10:38:49 AM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
justification from a Christian source

I am sure the justification for killing children is top notch.
I ll be able to explain all my buddies around a sandwich watching football how killing children can be a great thing.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
That's just it. There IS no justifying these things. That's the entire point. As a christian, you are the one who has to justify and explain it for yourself. For an atheist, we don't believe your God even existed to begin with, we're just kindly pointing out that hey, maybe this isn't the kind of thing your God should be doing, eh?
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You have stated you have no interest in hearing an explanation or justification from a Christian source. So it only stands to reason that your purpose of posting in the thread is to troll and attack Christianity.

You're telling me to contextualize genocide and child torture, yet you say I am the one trolling. Just take a moment to think about that.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

You're telling me to contextualize genocide and child torture, yet you say I am the one trolling. Just take a moment to think about that.

When you originally posted all the out of context Old Testament passages, no one responded to you and you posted again asking for a response,I gave you a response and then you ultimately tell me you're not interested in hearing a response.

You are obviously here to troll and attack Christians.
You inserted yourself into this conversation HERE, and then keep telling people to go ask their questions in a church over and over again.

If you aren't able or willing to defend your positions, then why are you even posting? Dodging questions and then just playing the victim any time someone points out a problem with your beliefs or the bible is pretty dishonest. Who is the troll here again?
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:
You inserted yourself into this conversation HERE, and then keep telling people to go ask their questions in a church over and over again.

If you aren't able or willing to defend your positions, then why are you even posting? Dodging questions and then just playing the victim any time someone points out a problem with your beliefs or the bible is pretty dishonest. Who is the troll here again?

Incorrect. Everyone else ignored his post, then he reposted asking for a response. I kindly gave him a response, we had a few back and forth posts, then he did not like my responses so he declared he did not actually want to hear any response from a Christian source.

At which point I realized he was only here to troll and attack Christians.
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:

Incorrect. Everyone else ignored his post, then he reposted asking for a response. I kindly gave him a response, we had a few back and forth posts, then he did not like my responses so he declared he did not actually want to hear any response from a Christian source.

At which point I realized he was only here to troll and attack Christians.

Nono, you're either misremembering or being dishonest (and on that point, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what I was dishonest about).

Again, in case you forgot what you're replying to and what your initial answer was:

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I'd be interested if any of the Christians here have a response to my post on the previous page.

My response to the other guy who took a verse in Psalms out of context applies to your previous post as well, if that helps. I assumed that since he did the exact same thing as you did, I would not need to repeat myself.

I don't see how it applies and would be interested to see an actual response. That is, unless it includes justifying the genocidal slaughter of men, women and children "because they deserved it" in which case we're wasting our time. Humans do that by themselves without being commanded by any God, there's nothing divine or inspired about solving your problems by killing your enemies (and wives, and their children).

I categorically stated from the outset that I have no interest in hearing your justifications for child torture and genocide in the name of your God. Your only response at that point was an irrelevant "I've already answered that" which you hadn't. Again, if you have a response to the text I posted that doesn't involve justifying the torture of babies and mass genocide I'd love to hear it.

Here's the original piece of text again in case you can't find it:

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"I am the child who, after the flood swallowed my parents and my siblings, clung to the side of rock as the waves took me and I drowned in fear and terror.

I am the mother clutching her newborn trying to run as the force of a spear entering my rib cage throws me forward and sends my child tumbling onto the ground screaming. My last memories are of watching my sweet child scream out for his mother as a sword silenced his voice and then mine.

I am the woman that was stoned to death for being raped and not screaming loud enough for help, according to the Law of Moses.

I am the child whom David’s God caused to suffer in agony and sickness for seven days and then killed to teach my father a lesson.

I am the Amalekite child who watched as my family was slaughtered.

I am the Canaanite girl who was carried off into slavery and forced to marry my family’s murderer.

I never heard of this thing called mercy. I never received a message of love and kindness. There was no forgiveness for me, no golden rule. If I could wonder, I would ask myself what it might feel like to be chosen by God. To have babies that aren't plucked from their mother’s arms and put to the sword.

If I could see the Christians praying to this God, I would stare in disbelief at the sight. I would ask them how they could ever worship such malevolent evil and call it good. With bewilderment I would ask in angered horror how you could ever imagine that you needed the forgiveness of such a monstrous affront to human decency and goodness.

My blood cries out from the pages of that Book you read with such devotion. I scream and you do not hear. I cry and you fail to see my tears. I was a person. I was a mother, a father, a son, a daughter, a wife, and husband. I mattered to someone and I loved and was loved. I wanted to live, but your God commanded my death and the death of my children. Now you quote the scriptures that glorify the violence of my death and call it inspirational.

If this is what you call love, no one can save you."

- Timothy Havener

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info