The Son of God:

You're right Jesus totally cast out demons in that one book where it mentioned that and you decided "yeah that totally makes sense that Jesus would kill all of those pigs because he wasn't powerful enough to exorcise those demons without putting them into pigs first, I see no problem with this story".

You're still dodging my question by the way. Not equipped biblically to answer it?
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on May 18, 2017, 9:01:09 PM
It's like watching the nerds argue LotR in clerks 2 lol.
The eagles literally could have just taken the ring to the volcano and dropped it in.
"
@MonstaMunch, thank you for showing interest in this thread. It's no skin off our teeth if you disagree and I for one find it nice to see such a civil conversation.

I would like to take a moment of the concepts of right and wrong. Some believe there is no right or wrong and morality is as disposable as sentience. However if there is an intelligent creator who created right and wrong and has perfect understanding of justice, then said creator is just.

If you've ever watched videos that Al Qaeda puts out you'll find that they use exactly the same concept. It's known academically as Theory of Divine Command, and it's widely regarded as being extremely dangerous.

Take for example the story of David. God tortured a baby to death over the course of several days as a means of punishing the baby's father. Under theory of divine command, in this instance torturing a baby to death is morally righteous. You can then take passages like Deuteronomy 21:18-21 which command us to kill our own children if they don't listen to us (or have other people in the city kill them for us).

Before you know it, you are flying planes into buildings in the name of God. Moreover, when YOU see someone flying a plane into a building, your only arguments can be that they misinterpreted the will of their God, or that they are worshiping the wrong one. You can't simply say it's wrong to kill people, because under theory of divine command it isn't if your God says so.

Fortunately, you aren't getting your moral compass from the Bible, even if you think you are. You aren't killing rape victims for not screaming loudly enough, and you (hopefully) aren't killing your children for being rebellious.

There are plenty of good methods to distinguish right from wrong, and none of them involve the Bible....

"
When the plagues stuck Egypt Mosses told everyone how to protect there households. Those who followed God did the work to obey our Lord and were protected

Ah the Biblical plague, the first historical reference to biological terrorism. If someone unleashed a plague in your city, then told you how to protect yourself from it, would you be grateful and worship them, or would you think they were fucked up for unleashing the plague upon you in the first place?

"
You talk about the violence as if it is used a quick fix when in fact it's a last resort or is caused by the hand of man.

You make it sound as if God didn't create man, or that if he did, he didn't know how it would turn out. That isn't what the Bible says. Please pay attention to this next part because it's important:

According to the Bible, God made Adam, he made Eve (from spare parts of Adam), he made some rules about not eating a specific fruit, and he made a talking, manipulative snake. Regardless of free will, your God knew exactly how the entire scenario would turn out.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate on the multitude of problems that creates for your narrative of a loving, merciful, benevolent God.

"
You also speak about Jesus being violent. I've been unable to find exactly what you are referring to. I think you are referring to when he drives the people out of the temple in Jerusalem. The place was disgusting filled with animals, the money handlers had terrible rates that extorted people for what they had. When he calls it a den of thieves he is not using it as an insult.

See what you did there? Jesus had a problem with a bunch of people, got in a fight to solve it, and rather than say "yes, Jesus used violence instead of peaceful means to solve the problem" you just go on a list of justifications based on how the people he beat up deserved it.

Incidentally, here in Cambodia there have been cases of Buddhist monks getting physically aggressive with foreigners for doing things they deem to be inappropriate at Angkor Wat. They get widely condemned for it because they are monks, they are supposed to know better than to use violence as a means of problem solving.

"
He the proceeds to heal two people of terrible ailments in the very next sentence.

Who created the terrible ailments in the first place? If I inflict you with blindness at birth and then cure you of it 30 years later, should you be grateful to me?

"
If you are looking for actions to shape your view of Jesus. I would recommend looking that fact everyone who asks for his help gets it. Jesus does not go around chilling with Jews and asking for money, he goes around healing the sick and anyone asks of help he heals. Ranging from a faithful mothers dead daughter, healing the ear of the Roman soldier his disciple cut off when the Pharisees came to execute him.

So he goes around fixing problems he created in the first place, and I'm supposed to be impressed. Gotit.

A God who meets your description wouldn't have created the talking snake while knowing what the outcome would be, it served no positive purpose. Apply that same logic throughout the Bible. You don't need science to show you that Christianity is false, you just need to examine the claims made in the Bible, and the actions that contradict them.

As a sidenote; I should say that I don't completely discount the possibility of there being a God of some sort. I just discount the possibility of it being the God of Abraham because of the self-evidently false and contradictory claims that are made.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 19, 2017, 2:20:51 AM
I want to point out adventist are batshit crazy.

They even believe there is difference races of men and that some of them right now are result of interracial reproduction. Interracial reproduction is seen as a sin in the eye of their prophet helen white.

on the same level bwam is an hypocrite to call adventist "not christians" when the Catholics and protestant are also not the original real christians.

Don t forget catholics are idole lovers something the original bible hate and Protestant still believe in a version of the new testament put together by constantine, not by god or one of his prophet.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 19, 2017, 2:56:19 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
I want to point out adventist are batshit crazy.

They even believe there is difference races of men and that some of them right now are result of interracial reproduction. Interracial reproduction is seen as a sin in the eye of their prophet helen white.

How can someone be a Christian or a Jew without believing that the Israelites are a separate race from everyone else? God gave them a different set of rules to live by than everyone else, because they were "chosen". Hard to see how someone could believe in the Bible without being (technically) racist, as racism is a major part of it.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

How can someone be a Christian or a Jew without believing that the Israelites are a separate race from everyone else? God gave them a different set of rules to live by than everyone else, because they were "chosen". Hard to see how someone could believe in the Bible without being (technically) racist, as racism is a major part of it.

Would make sense if they didn t try to make us believe we all come from the same family (noah) who came form the same couple adam/eve.

Funny how 4 human "races" can appear in less then 2000 years (if you believe the earth is 10-6k year old, the flood came about 4k years ago) but from jesus time to now (2017 years) we did not witness any of this.

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on May 19, 2017, 2:39:01 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:

Funny how 4 human "races" can appear in less then 2000 years (if you believe the earth is 10-6k year old, the flood came about 4k years ago) but from jesus time to now (2017 years) we did not witness any of this.

How can people actually believe shit like that when a place like Göbekli Tepe has been dated at being roughly 12,000 years old? lol

If you get bored, do a search on "forbidden archeology" or "out-of-place artifacts". There are signs modern humans have been on this planet for millions of years. I mean FFS there was a hammer found in a lump of coal in Texas that can be dated back to 200+ million years. The remaining piece of the wooden handle is even petrified. xD
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

How can people actually believe shit like that when a place like Göbekli Tepe has been dated at being roughly 12,000 years old? lol

If you get bored, do a search on "forbidden archeology" or "out-of-place artifacts". There are signs modern humans have been on this planet for millions of years. I mean FFS there was a hammer found in a lump of coal in Texas that can be dated back to 200+ million years. The remaining piece of the wooden handle is even petrified. xD

Hope you don t subscribe to Hancock stories.Graham Hancock is a loony, he bring nothing more than created stories and "WHAT if".

Those young earth creationist believe carbon dating or even radium dating is fake. For them satan created those "fake" science tools to discredit god.
Poe Pvp experience
"
Head_Less wrote:

Hope you don t subscribe to Hancock stories.Graham Hancock is a loony, he bring nothing more than created stories and "WHAT if".

No, I subscribe to the scientific method. Archaeology and geology have been lifelong obsessions of mine. :)

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." ~Neil deGrasse Tyson

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info