The Son of God:

"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You need the complete context to understand the situation

No, you don't, that's the whole point. I get it. Your justification is that the Amakelites were really really bad people who deserved God's righteous anger and vengeance yada yada yada, but it does nothing to change my point; Your God dealt with enemies (who he created in the first place) with violence and genocide.

You have completely missed my point. If you truly want answers to your questions about the old testament, those answers exist, in context, all you have to do is find an Eastern Orthodox church or a Catholic Church. The East and West were still united at the time of the Nicaea Council(when the Catholic Church chose the books of the Bible) in unbroken, infallible Apostolic succession. SO either Church, East or West, can answer your questions properly.

You may disagree with those answers, certainly, but if you want a true understanding of what the Church teaches, go to the actual church and find out. Asking random people on the internet is absurd.

Going to some church to ask some random stranger to lie to you about the validity of some made up stories and characters seems at least as absurd if not more.
In fairness, any random christian stranger you meet online is going to be just as reliable a source of truth as any ordained priest or minister.
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:
In fairness, any random christian stranger you meet online is going to be just as reliable a source of truth as any ordained priest or minister.

It doesn't even matter, idk what he thinks I'm asking that isn't rhetorical. I simply made the factual statement that large (and often small) scale conflicts in the Bible are solved by means of violence, genocide, torture, and other brutal means. That is the Biblical God's practical way of solving problems, to just kill everyone. Different Churches and denominations can give different justifications, but it doesn't change the point that their God didn't solve any mass conflicts with peace and mercy and understanding, he solved them with bloodshed. Humans don't need God to kill each other, we can do it just fine on our own.

"
bwam wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
assault is to do something unlawful, and what he did was righteous

Beating people up (not in self defense) is assault, no matter how righteous. However, this illustrates my point pretty well. You take an act of violence, just ignore the violence and call it righteous in the name of religion.

So a cop tackles a bank robber. "You assaulted me!," cries the bank robber. Clearly that bank robber wasn't assaulted, no matter how many times he insists to the judge that he was assaulted.

Again, my point was that Jesus used violence as a means of problem solving too. He didn't use any divine powers of persuasion to make them understand that what they were doing was wrong, he just beat them up. Comparing a bank robbery to some people scuffling in a temple is absurd, but again highlights my point.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You need the complete context to understand the situation

No, you don't, that's the whole point. I get it. Your justification is that the Amakelites were really really bad people who deserved God's righteous anger and vengeance yada yada yada, but it does nothing to change my point; Your God dealt with enemies (who he created in the first place) with violence and genocide.

That is not the Universal Churches justification or explanation for that Old Testament passage. That is the justification/explanation you have invented and assigned to all Christians, and have now demanded Christians defend. See below for truth.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
BodyHammer01 wrote:

It doesn't even matter, idk what he thinks I'm asking that isn't rhetorical. I simply made the factual statement that large (and often small) scale conflicts in the Bible are solved by means of violence, genocide, torture, and other brutal means. That is the Biblical God's practical way of solving problems, to just kill everyone. Different Churches and denominations can give different justifications, but it doesn't change the point that their God didn't solve any mass conflicts with peace and mercy and understanding, he solved them with bloodshed. Humans don't need God to kill each other, we can do it just fine on our own.

You still do not seem to understand my point. Jesus started one universal Church, so if you want an explanation for something in the Bible, you go to the Church Jesus started, who actually put the Bible together in 380AD.

Random people on the internet do not represent, or speak for, the Church Jesus started. SO any explanations about the Bible given to you by random people are meaningless, in terms of understanding Christianity.

I feel you are just here to troll, but if you truly want to understand some concepts from the Bible, the only true way to do that, is to go to the actual Church that,under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, chose the books in the Bible.

Again, in 380AD, when the Bible was put together, the Eastern and Western Church were still united, so your inquiries about the Old testament could be answered pretty much the same by either Church.

Last edited by Kamchatka on May 18, 2017, 6:52:48 AM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You still do not seem to understand my point. Jesus started one universal Church, so if you want an explanation for something in the Bible, you go to the Church Jesus started, who actually put the Bible together in 380AD

For what I hope is the last time: I don't want to hear the justification for the multitude of genocides committed by and commanded by your God. That is my point. Your religion is making you and others come up with justifications for child torture, genocide, mass slaughter, and you're forced into doing it because that is how your God dealt with his enemies (who he created) according to the Bible. That is the point in itself, so asking for more justifications isn't going to get me anywhere.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 18, 2017, 8:56:24 AM
Like God commanding and helping the Jews wipe out all of the unbelievers on their way home, who were unbelievers because, shocker, they had never even heard of him to begin with. It's almost as if that's because the jews made him up.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Again, my point was that Jesus used violence as a means of problem solving too. He didn't use any divine powers of persuasion to make them understand that what they were doing was wrong, he just beat them up. Comparing a bank robbery to some people scuffling in a temple is absurd, but again highlights my point.

So you cede the point it wasn't assault, and change your point to "Jesus used violence [for] problem solving" on this occasion.

I'm not going to dance this dance with you; I've already answered your points, explained to you why the Amalekites were slaughtered, defended my Lord's Name against your inane criticism; there's really nothing more to be said to you.

You choose to concentrate on minutiae without understanding the Lord, not bothering to try to approach the gospel of Jesus -- not worried about repenting, and nowhere close to believing. Done wasting keystrokes explaining things to you.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
bwam wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

So you cede the point it wasn't assault, and change your point to "Jesus used violence [for] problem solving" on this occasion.

Nono, it was assault, beating someone up is assault. Jesus wasn't a cop and no one was robbing a bank. My initial point was the violence, you took it off on a tangent about the assault label because you couldn't argue that it wasn't using violence to solve his problem.

"
I'm not going to dance this dance with you; I've already answered your points, explained to you why the Amalekites were slaughtered, defended my Lord's Name against your inane criticism; there's really nothing more to be said to you.

Yep, your answer is that the Amakelites were terrible people who deserved to be slaughtered. Clearly the only way to deal with them was to commit genocide against them, so that's what your God commanded. Clearly he had no better (or more peaceful) options available to him.

"
You choose to concentrate on minutiae without understanding the Lord, not bothering to try to approach the gospel of Jesus -- not worried about repenting, and nowhere close to believing. Done wasting keystrokes explaining things to you.

No, I concentrate on the actions of your God as stated in the Bible. They are horrific and it saddens me that you not only defend them but attempt to glorify them.
It's kind of sad so many people have all these biased thoughts on who God is, or that He doesn't exist, but haven't taken the time to try to get to know God. He is a tangible person that can speak to anyone He desires to.

Yes, I said "God is tangible", because once you choose to love God and Truth more than anything else in this temporary world God will begin to reveal Himself to you in many ways.

Anyone who thinks God/Jesus/The Holy Ghost isn't real it's because of all the deception in the world that demons have been spreading since Adam and Eve.

Atheists always demand proof for things but they never seem to understand that if they'd just go to the source of all Truth (God) they'd have all the proof they could ever want.

Unfortunately we all live in a world deeply covered in deception and hatred. I can't tell you how many people have chosen to hate me solely for saying something they disagreed with.

Does no one know how to love anymore?

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
It's kind of sad so many people have all these biased thoughts on who God is, or that He doesn't exist, but haven't taken the time to try to get to know God. He is a tangible person that can speak to anyone He desires to.

Yes, I said "God is tangible", because once you choose to love God and Truth more than anything else in this temporary world God will begin to reveal Himself to you in many ways.

Anyone who thinks God/Jesus/The Holy Ghost isn't real it's because of all the deception in the world that demons have been spreading since Adam and Eve.

Atheists always demand proof for things but they never seem to understand that if they'd just go to the source of all Truth (God) they'd have all the proof they could ever want.

Unfortunately we all live in a world deeply covered in deception and hatred. I can't tell you how many people have chosen to hate me solely for saying something they disagreed with.

Does no one know how to love anymore?

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

If all you have to do in order to get proof is go to God, and you're currently there, would you mind just sharing that proof then? I mean it's really easy right? If any one person managed to do this in the history of judaism/christianity, atheism and all other religions wouldn't even exist save for a handful of stubborn people.

Demons don't exist. There are no demons running around deceiving people into believing that God doesn't exist. There are people who look at the bible, see how much of it simply does not make sense, look at the demonstrated facts that we know very important parts were written in after the original texts, that many stories are simply made up and never happened (there was no large scale exodus out of egypt, there was no flood), that some very important mistranslations account for some extremely important doctrine (Mary was not a virgin, she was a maiden. Jesus' conception was not immaculate). We look at these and many other issues, then ask ourselves "What evidence do I even have that any part of the bible is correct, or that God exists", accept that there is not any to be had, and make the decision to not buy into it.

When was the last time God actually spoke to you by the way? I'm intrigued. Was it a male or female voice? What did ze say?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info