The Son of God:

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
Those poor babies just died to make a point. GG God

A better example of children dying so that God can prove a point is the story of Job. God inflicted pain and suffering upon the guy, including killing his children, just to prove a point to Satan. The kicker is that the whole thing was kind of a clever trick, Satan presumably wanted the good (like Job) to suffer, and he managed to get God to inflict the suffering directly just by basically saying "I bet you can't". Massive troll.

God then gave him a bunch of new kids to replace the old ones, as if you just forget the murder of your children when you have new ones.

You're a liar or you're ignorant.

Are you referencing something you've never read?

Satan was permitted to torment Job, God did not torment Job "directly."

I think this just goes to show where you're coming from.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
bwam wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
A better example of children dying so that God can prove a point is the story of Job. God inflicted pain and suffering upon the guy, including killing his children, just to prove a point to Satan. The kicker is that the whole thing was kind of a clever trick, Satan presumably wanted the good (like Job) to suffer, and he managed to get God to inflict the suffering directly just by basically saying "I bet you can't". Massive troll.

God then gave him a bunch of new kids to replace the old ones, as if you just forget the murder of your children when you have new ones.

So... your issue with what he said is the word "directly," then? I agree; it's not "direct" if one delegates the task to another.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2017, 12:58:09 PM
"
bwam wrote:

Hahahaha yea you are right, Like Ponce Pilate god let the poor guy suffer hu?

Rofl
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
There's no use in trying to argue with "extreme fundamentalist Christians". I've pointed out atrocities, contradictions, and pure evil in the old testament, and they always try and spin it their way, saying that I'm taking it out of context, etc.....That's completely false as I've read every word of the old testament and there is no way to take it out of context.

The problem is, they(only speaking of extreme fundamentalists here) are so brainwashed with their beliefs, and they "literally" believe every word, so that if a new book came out and told them to jump off a cliff and they will go to heaven, they would do it. Or if they didn't do it, they would say, "the bible didn't really mean for you to jump off a cliff, they were just testing you". or something like that. It's not really any different than a cult. Again, no argument you can give them will ever make sense to them due to the blinders they wear and they need to have that "crutch" in believing , which is based out of pure fear, nothing else but pure fear..... It's quite sad really.

I know this because I used to be a believer years ago until I started to think for myself, do my own research, and I basically woke up...
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Examples_of_God_personally_killing_people

Since large numbers of people often end up as meaningless statistics, consider the rough guide below:

old testament

20 million - In the global flood this figure is just over the maximum estimated human population before agriculture. Approximately the current population of Australia. It would take about a decade for this many Americans to die of natural causes. Actually, absolute terms aren't useful for this one as it was near-enough 100% of the population - imagine 7 billion people being killed should God decide to pull this one again.

185,000 - Assyrian soldiers killed while sleeping. This is greater than the entire multi-national coalition force at the peak of the Iraq War - so imagine losing that entire force in their sleep in one night. By comparison, the bloodiest battle (on a single day) in modern history would be the first day of the Battle of the Somme, where 20,000 BEF troops were killed. 185,000 is also the equivalent of 9/11 every single day for two months. It is slightly higher than the largest ever attendances at Talladega or Daytona motor racing tracks.[4]

70,000 - Assorted Israelites, incidentally the same number of people who claimed to be Jedi in the 2001 Australian census. This is approximately the athletics capacity of Wembley Stadium, or towards the upper end of casualty estimates for the atomic bombing of Nagasaki (39,000-80,000)[5].

50,070 - Assuming the higher figure, this is not far off the capacity of Yankee Stadium. Sports stadiums are useful comparisons because they're areas where we have photographsWikipedia's W.svg of that many people in close proximity and you can see how many it represents.

24,000 - Slightly higher than the capacity of Madison Square Garden for pro wrestling.

Of course, many of these numbers do pale next to what humans do to each other, and what the planet itself has thrown at us, but it is really the motives (or lack of) that should be truly shocking. When one takes into consideration all killing committed for God and in his name (up until the present 2017), the tally increase would be much, much higher. He gives free will, but apparently, it is just a trap.

But, remember.... God loves you!

How many people will die at the Battle of Armageddon?

“”The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

—Revelation 14:18-20

Let's assume that 1600 stadia (320 kilometres = 320,000 metres) is the diameter of the lake of blood. Therefore the radius is 800 stadia or 160km. Let's also assume that a horse's bridle is approximately 1.5 metres from the ground, giving us its depth.

We can then calculate the volume of blood using the formula: V = πr2h. Using biblical value of π = 3 we get the formula:

3 × 160,000 × 160,000 × 1.5 = 115200000000 = 1.152×1011 cubic metres of blood.

1 cubic metre = 1000 litres

115200000000 × 1000 = 115200000000000 = 1.152×1014 litres of blood

If we divide this number by the average amount of blood in a human body, 5.5 litres:

115,200,000,000,000 ÷ 5.5 = 20,945,454,545,500

So we find that according to scripture, at a bare minimum according to one interpretation, God will kill approximately 20,945,454,545,500 people. That's in the trillions.

However, since it says flows and not pools, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that a river was formed. Assuming they measured the the blood-flow using actual horses, and a horse is 1 metre across.

320,000 × 1 × 1.5 = 480,000 cubic metres of blood.

480,000 × 1000 = 480,000,000

480,000,000 ÷ 5.5 = 87,272,727

So, in another interpretation, God will kill a minimum of 87,272,727 to produce a horse bridle high blood-flow

------------------------

Killings by Satan

Sarah, wife of Abraham.

Job's wife, children, and servants (who were possibly slaves).
(completely condoned, if not ordered, by God, and only for the purpose of their little bet. In this scenario, it is really the equivalent of God killing them himself.)

that's it
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on May 20, 2017, 1:36:48 PM
@Head_Less oh oh oh do Emperor Palpatine next!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
also wanted to say that I'm good friends with many christians, but they aren't extremists.
Last edited by Mentoya on May 20, 2017, 1:50:04 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

So... your issue with what he said is the word "directly," then? I agree; it's not "direct" if one delegates the task to another.

Read what I was responding to, and yeah, I'd say my response rebutting the claim was warranted. Here's the actual text from the first of a series of encounters between the Lord and Satan regarding Job:

"
"One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. The Lord said to Satan, 'Where have you come from?'

Satan answered the Lord, 'From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.'

Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.'

'Does Job fear God for nothing?' Satan replied. 'Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.'

The Lord said to Satan, 'Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.'

Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord."

- Job 1 (NIV)

Satan was trying to prove something about Job to God; God permitted him to attempt to, knowing Satan would fail. This is completely different from the narrative MonstaMunch fabricated.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
chronologically, the Accuser in Job couldn't be Satan who by that time had already rebelled against God shortly after God's creation of Adam and Eve

please note that there was only one way that Satan could kill ANY person whomsoever: Requesting permission from God.

According to the Bible, God is the only entity with the power of life and death. Wars, murderers, disasters — these are all considered to be instruments of God.

Yet, for some reason, believers tend to blame wars and murders (and sometimes disasters)

It should be noted here that many theologians don't even identify the Adversary from the Book of Job with Satan

the grammar of the Hebrew lacks the preceding article that would ordinarily identify him as "Ha-Satan", which means The Accuser as opposed to "Satan."; and instead the common view is that the antagonist of Job is another deity, a holdover from polytheistic times.

Alternatively, this "Ha-Satan" may be the angel Sammael, whose name means "Venom of God", who acted as God's prosecution lawyer, testing humanity's fidelity to God. Why God would need to test you when allegedly He already knows every fucking thing about you is yet another mystery
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on May 23, 2017, 3:29:04 PM
Here is my thing, not going to claim I read all the posts on this so if this was covered then just go on with your life.

1. In the beginning there was God (nothing else)
2. God created the angels
3. Certain angels decide to sin by attempting to overthrow God - lets not even look at what a stupid idea that is, like me walking up to Superman and smacking him in his face but anywho:

Now... how can 3 even happen? If Angels could choose to sin, then sin must have existed but it couldn't have existed because God cannot sin or be in the presence of sin (according to at least some interpretations of the Bible). So basically God created the Angels with a capacity to do something that He himself cannot do or be in the presence of and that didn't exist because only God existed.

This is a problem no? It's not? Okay lets go on.

4. God creates man.
5. God allows fallen angel to trick man.
6. God punishes man for falling for the fallen angels trick by kicking mankind out of Eden, giving plants thorns, making animals eat other animals and makes child birth hurt.

Now. Lets pause here... why are animals punished for mankinds choice? why did God allow us to make the choice since He knew what we would choose?

7. God watches humanity spread.
8. God decides to kill off mankind with a giant flood (couldn't he just blink us out of existence? why did everyone have to drown in pain? Does God enjoy pain?)
9. God decides not to kill us all (can God really decide not to do something He already would have known he wouldn't have done because God is omniscient? Does that make God a liar?)

Time passes....

10. God decides to impregnate a woman so that she can give birth to Him so that He can die for us to save us from sin which was created by God creating the Angels.

Now... I dunno about you. But this just seems bat-fart nuts.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info