Not supported anymore

I just wanna say you can make this build work (without resorting to SRS) at around level 50 if you get some % life regen gear/jewels and don't go overboard with max like % (because golem's static regen is what tips the last percent over to positive). Damage will be great but you have to be ready with your heals and ruby flasks, because with everything on I've got like 1% life regen (after negating RF damage)
Last edited by Jitsuryoku on Sep 10, 2017, 10:00:44 AM
Level up set up was amazing. I was using RF by level 24 and haven't looked back ever since. I'm missing burning damage jewels, which I thought were as expensive as fire damage lifers lol. But I'm at 8k hp with a biscos and can push 9k without a koam's heart with 7 or 8 levels.

My limits so far is basically alch'ed tier 14's. I can't take on anything corrupted...which makes me sad face,but this build performs exceptionally well on everything else.
Last edited by LordFluffy1234 on Sep 10, 2017, 5:13:39 PM
Yea I agree this build is great until the real endgame maps t14+, at this point you just taking too much damage and lacking a lot of damage for the boss (even with IAoE & ConC).

Is there anyway to push this build to shaper?

Kaoms Heart, Scorching? Anything?
@veliyze
Are you sure you are doing it right? Currently running dual curse with vitality, I have 6.7k hp, 10k armor, 265k dps(pob with full flask and stuff) and I have no problem doing up to magic guardians but rare guardians would depend on mods. There is also the tri curse setup and the helmet/glove that give 30% more dmg which together can push dps up to 650k+.
Ps: haven't tried shaper yet. This is my first league so fix me if I'm wrong
Last edited by thkhang92 on Sep 10, 2017, 7:20:00 PM
Started playing a scion RF character, based on this guide but I followed Pohx's build into the duelist area for more life/life regen instead of taking +1 curse on tree. (Since bosses are generally resistant to curse effects anyway)
Last edited by micxiao on Sep 11, 2017, 1:01:40 AM
What do you all think of going with champion instead of inquisitor/necromancer?

It gives 30% increased damage when you have fortify and 20% fortify on hit. You'll have to keep fortify up, but fortify is nice to have anyway. For reliability, you could use fortify support linked to your melee attack skill of choice (cyclone in the build). The taunt mechanic has some raw damage reduction attached with champion, but I suspect that will be unreliable, although I don't really know much about taunt mechanics. The big disadvantage I see is that you won't get your 30% damage bonus until you hit an enemy. I'm not sure how much that would slow things down, but I'm guessing it would cost a map tier or two on the threshold for 'sprint full speed through all the monsters while they die without having to do anything'. In my case, I travel with shield charge most of the time, so I probably wouldn't notice a change.

The advantage of champion is easier access to the lower tree without having to use many travelling stat nodes.

For 11pts you get;

30% life
1% life regen
42% armor/evasion
24% attack speed
32% accuracy rating
+20 dex
+20 str
+crapton of move speed from ignoring armor penalties
+some useless melee dmg/range stuff

I'm a huge fan of Art of the Gladiator's movement speed. Attack speed is very useful for a lot of reasons, particularly for feed overload with crits, movement skills (shield charge / leap slam), and curse on hit. Armor is great and there is no reason to feel bad about evasion. Life density is good. Life regen is a win. 7 more pts gets you don't to golem blood, but I think you'd have to give up too much to make that worthwile at that point.

Inquistor is really good though, so it's a hard sacrifice to make. You can certainly reach the southern nodes without champion, but it means using raw stat nodes instead of tasty 4% life 6% armor/evasion nodes. It's definitely too much of a sacrifice without champion.

Unless I'm missing some other big disadvantage, I can see this being a reasonable course. I might give it a try in a few levels unless some big problem is pointed out.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Sep 11, 2017, 1:59:56 PM
If you give up Inquisitor you give up 25% incr elemental damage/consecrated ground on kill chance/120% incr critical strikes/8% elemental dmg reduction in exchange you get spell block & block spells chance (which is not bad at all) but the other 2 bonuses are useless for RF (no bleed).

The 30% life you said I cannot see on which nodes exactly so maybe you can be more specific.

The only thing I would if I were to give up the curse nodes in the guide would be to try to get the Bloodless node (23%hp + str on the way = more hp).
"
If you give up Inquisitor you give up 25% incr elemental damage/consecrated ground on kill chance/120% incr critical strikes/8% elemental dmg reduction in exchange you get spell block & block spells chance (which is not bad at all) but the other 2 bonuses are useless for RF (no bleed).

I'm talking about taking 'Champion' ascendancy, not 'Gladiator'.

Champion is;

20% chance to fortify on hit
20% chance to taunt on hit
You and allies have 30% increased damage while you have fortify
5% reduced damage take from taunted enemies

I'll try and link a small tree showing the southern nodes I'm talking about

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAABAAJfRCVHfl85YN5lTYTZivCarpstpAywq702vqfEgulG930=

Oh yeah my bad ... need sleep :))
I do have a question about this, I was thinking of remaking the gems on my build after having a go at the gem section again, seems blade vortex isn't that much of a help ( I went more for what phoenixflame had in his build, but I don't know how effective blade vortex actually is). I'm just asking, would it be more viable to take out blade vortex,and make a cwt out of the boots, only with decoy totem, curse stuff?

This isn't about mob clearing, more about surviving against map bosses, at tier 14+ the going starts to get rough. RF clears mobs with a few flasks pretty fast, or I could swap cyclone from the weapon so I can have 4 gem slots in the boots for it. I'm still wondering what to make the other cwt support with, or should I just leave blade vortex as it is?

I don't use portal, I always open one from the inventory at a boss fight, and vaal gems with cwt I heard that work, but again if I take damage and it triggers, It would force the vaal gem to trigger as well and if it does not have enough souls, it resets it.

Or maybe I should take out blade vortex and make a stronger vaal summon skeletons? But then again, how to get more souls for the vaal gem when there are no mobs around the boss to kill.

Some help would be appreciated, for now I'm at a loss on how to rewire the gem setup, or simply leave it as it is. I'm more interested in being tanky, instead of triple curse, 2 curses are fine enough. But if I go for the best allround setup, I have 2 gem slots that I have no idea what to do with. I don't use portal as a gem, and I have lightning warp in my 6'th unlinked slot in the atziri chest.

Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 12, 2017, 6:05:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info