Not supported anymore

"
MeruP wrote:
Please advise what i should improve. I know I may need better rings or jewels and such but they are very expensive. I don't feel like buying anything but top jewelry with ~20% fire damage on it because anything less will have to be replaced again and thus I'll waste a few EX worth of currency.

Hi, Jewel damage rolls do not have to be maxed if they are trifecta or quadfecta, they do not lose on value with those stats we need. That said Jewel updates should be done asap when it does make sense.

Towarsds the other gear, you have there some really nice pieces and with those dual Life rolls at Helmet and Gloves you kinda did put yourself in a weird situatin because of the resistances on them.
You do not wanna lose out on Life but you have to make up with the resistances somewhere, that´s the reason for the not so good Rings.
The easiest way to improve is over the Belt, don´t go for a 130+ Life, rather try to get one with a decent tripple ress roll or real high dual ress and around 110 Life, those are affordable and would free you up a bit with changing the Rings.
Lonewolf
"
Any tips on how to manage tier12+ boss fights ? I mean fast bosses who are dealing alot of physical dmg + have high speed+atk speed like the Lycius, Midnight's Howl or the one from sulphur wastes map :/.

At that point there are a few Bosses where you should change up your Flasks or Playstyle and dadpt to them.
Lycius is nothing to run away from, except in human form with his AoE, if hat is happening go behind the next tree and just wait. In Wolf form you do not have to run away just go into the fight with 2-3 anti bleeding Flasks + armour flask and anti burning powerout and facetank him. (You might have to watch out with certain map mods like increased cold/lightning damage/ inc boss damage and so on)

The Sulphur Waste Boss comibation can be one of the trickiest and does kinda show the state of your char/gear. It is absolutely possible with all Flasks activated to run into all of them and melt the little helpers away. If you do not have enough dagame they will burst you down though, then try to kite the helping ones one by one outside, tedious but working.
Lonewolf
hello again, finally hitted lvl 81 and I decided to change a bit of my armor/jewels etc, after I died literally in 2 shots in uber lab. I would like to ask some advice on what I should prioritize on changing.
This is my gear:
Spoiler

any advice? i would change my rings, cos now I dont need anymore that much dex.
Currently I've 5.4k life and 7624 armor, tho I still miss some HP nodes (and I've only 3 jewels with burning damage and life 6%)
Last edited by Dhalilax on Sep 6, 2017, 12:53:24 PM
Some boss fights are a nightmare to kill, some of them are quite easy and some I don't even manage to get close to and I died. It also depends on the map mods, I stay away from health and resistance ones.

I've gathered another 50 chaos, looking to spend on something, possibly worthwhile.

Any suggestions twinks or anyone?

For now I'm still gathering for a lvl 21 purity of fire to put in the ring, but I have no idea what to get next, better helm, better gloves? The belt does give me a lot of life and the shield and chest is pretty much the same rise of the phoenix and atziri's. I also bought myself one of these,
to make the mob clearing smoother.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 6, 2017, 1:07:50 PM
"
Dhalilax wrote:
hello again, finally hitted lvl 81 and I decided to change a bit of my armor/jewels etc, after I died literally in 2 shots in uber lab. I would like to ask some advice on what I should prioritize on changing.

You made one mistake people love to do, you enabled all damage nodes at the passivtree already.
Remove the Breath of Flames cluster in the North + the 2 elemantal nodes leading towards the Jewel slot to its left. Use those 7 points to enable the missing % Life Nodes. After that enable the Jewels Slot left of Marauder and in the north (5 points), replace the Itzaro' Jewel with a % Life one.

Gear wise as you stated your Rings have the most potential there, also get rid of the Ngamahu Amu, try to get a decent Marble for the extra ife and Regeneration.
The other thing is that Belt and Gloves do have a nice amount of Life but only 1 Resistance node, those are high rolls but you wanna have dual resistances to give your self more breathing room with your Rings and Amu.

You wanna have first a decent base to make a working char and that does mean, Maximum Life, decent regeneration and decent amount of Armour and only after that you start to improve/update towards damage.
Lonewolf
"
Nosferat wrote:
but I have no idea what to get next, better helm, better gloves? The belt does give me a lot of life

You should have a Prefix open at your Helmet, try to craft flat Armour on it.
The Belt has a open Prefix and Suffix, you can craft either cold or lightning Ress if needed or if not simply strength.
Unset Ring has also Crafting possibilities.
Use your master benches to craft and don´t worry there is also a remove option at a certain master level available so you can change/remove it afterwards.

I would not replace a item itself, all have decent rolls, even the helmet with its lower life roll is still fine to use.

Get a armour flask if you can´t won´t get a Rumi's then use a nrmal Granite, that extra Armour is the thing which does allow you to facetank a decent amount of Bosses.
Also get a Sulphur Flask, is does not only increase your damage by 40% it does also vreate the consecrated ground manually so you take 8% less elemental damage if you have the Inquisitor Ascendancy + you regenerate 4% more Life.

Passivtree:
Remove the 3 Points spend at Breath of Flames, use them to go to Holy Fire on the left top, then you can remove the 1 Int node to the right of Purity of Flesh and spend it somewhere else.
Remove the +30 Strength node.
Replace your 2 Jewels with no % life on them.
Try to free up the Diamond skin node with the crafting said above, get the res needed zo do so on items.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 6, 2017, 1:37:16 PM
@ all

I do not mind making gear/char checks, as stated at the Intro I do play RF since day 1 and it does not take me much Time to see possibilities or mistakes and writing them down.
Also never take anything personally, I am straight forward, if something is off I will tell it, that is the easiest and quickest way for both sides, I am not here to suger cone stuff ( I think that´s how you say it in english)

The reason why I made that post is that I wanted to mention section 13. of the Guide which I implemented at the 3rd of Sep. How to equip your Lev 65 char and how/what to get/search updates.
It is work in progress, but should clarify some things.
Thanks and good luck
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 6, 2017, 1:50:21 PM
Hi it's me again im now lvl 87 8018 life can you check my gear and give some advices once again https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reclayow/characters Yashuen (i dont want atziri's splendour or sharkgreen's boots) tyvm. :D i've hit 1.58 on amulet with second blessed :D ty
Last edited by Reclayow on Sep 7, 2017, 12:25:45 PM
As always, your feedback is appreciated twinks. The guide is right on, but for people like me who haven't played the game in like 2-3 years, it can become quite overwhelming at first glance, so at time a little help here and there is needed.

I'm just refunding the passives like you mentioned, and looking at haku's bench to mod the helmet.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 6, 2017, 4:32:42 PM
"
Reclayow wrote:
Hi it's me again im now lvl 87 8018 life can you check my gear and give some advices once again https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reclayow/characters Yashuen (i dont want atziri's splendour or sharkgreen's boots) tyvm. :D

Reroll the implicit of the Marble Amu the range is from 1.20-1.60.
Everything else at the gear is fine to really nice.
You should really put some love towards Jewels, those you have are almost all only 5% Life and do have max 1 dmg increase roll, also you only have 4 Jewels enabled, 5 points = 2 more Jewels = respeccing Breath of Flame.

@Nosferat, I absolutely do understand that, I know it is plenty of informations hereand also plenty of stuff/mechanics ingame, your best friend is time :)
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 6, 2017, 4:37:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info