Not supported anymore

"
Nosferat wrote:
Well, so far so good. I'm still not strong enough to handle certain boss fights head on, and some maps are just, well not for me yet in any case. A boss like The Brittle Emperor in the wasteland map is just not going to die from my damage so far, regardless of what I do, he just heals himself too fast.

I did spend some chaos orbs, trying to mimic what PhoenixFlame tried, the build is on page 31. So that I too can have 3 auras running.

A lvl 4 corrupted enlighten support is just way out of my price range, so for the moment I took some points out from the breath of flames node and went towards the reduced mana reservation node. I will also need to find some items that give me more dex so I can respec the +30 dex points, blade vortex requires a ton of dex to level up.

I will need to find a better socketed ring, but for now I'm out of chaos to spend. I also put most of my gems to be minimum 6% life, will have to buy a better belt as well, like Twinks mentioned.

Spoiler

I was just wondering when you mentioned Blade Vortex does need so much Dex.
You are not supposed to Level either of the CwdT Setups to max level, if you look at the gem section there is a number behind them, that is the level those gems should have.
You stop Gems from leveling by right clicking at the level up option instead of left clicking.
Buy those gems new and keep them at the recommended Level, the purpose of that is that a low level CwdT gem does activate linked skills way more often, in your case Blade Vortex barely does get activated so you also not gonna get the 40% extra damage from elemental Overload that often.
The same is for the other CwdT setup.
It will help damage and also survivability wise, your current gems I would just put at the 2nd slot to finish them to 20 and sell them either as 20/0 or 1/20 depends what has more value (you make a 1/20 out of the 20/0 by selling the gem with a GCP at a vendor)
Sorry that I did not realize that at your first post.
Edit: If you accidently overlevel 1 of those gems later, you can put him with a scouring at the vendor and he will remove 1 level.
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Sep 3, 2017, 6:27:10 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
Well, so far so good. I'm still not strong enough to handle certain boss fights head on, and some maps are just, well not for me yet in any case. A boss like The Brittle Emperor in the wasteland map is just not going to die from my damage so far, regardless of what I do, he just heals himself too fast.

I did spend some chaos orbs, trying to mimic what PhoenixFlame tried, the build is on page 31. So that I too can have 3 auras running.

A lvl 4 corrupted enlighten support is just way out of my price range, so for the moment I took some points out from the breath of flames node and went towards the reduced mana reservation node. I will also need to find some items that give me more dex so I can respec the +30 dex points, blade vortex requires a ton of dex to level up.

I will need to find a better socketed ring, but for now I'm out of chaos to spend. I also put most of my gems to be minimum 6% life, will have to buy a better belt as well, like Twinks mentioned.

Spoiler

The Brittle Emperor I kill him using 4x life flasks + rumi flask/do not run/try to avoid the big attacks & do not let him out of your RF radius more than 1sec
"
I was just wondering when you mentioned Blade Vortex does need so much Dex.
You are not supposed to Level either of the CwdT Setups to max level, if you look at the gem section there is a number behind them, that is the level those gems should have.
You stop Gems from leveling by right clicking at the level up option instead of left clicking.
Buy those gems new and keep them at the recommended Level, the purpose of that is that a low level CwdT gem does activate linked skills way more often, in your case Blade Vortex barely does get activated so you also not gonna get the 40% extra damage from elemental Overload that often.
The same is for the other CwdT setup.
It will help damage and also survivability wise, your current gems I would just put at the 2nd slot to finish them to 20 and sell them either as 20/0 or 1/20 depends what has more value (you make a 1/20 out of the 20/0 by selling the gem with a GCP at a vendor)
Sorry that I did not realize that at your first post.
Edit: If you accidently overlevel 1 of those gems later, you can put him with a scouring at the vendor and he will remove 1 level.

Aww man.....I feel like a moron now. Yeah, I re-read the gem setup guide.

2. CWDT 14 - Immortal Call 16 - Molten Shell 18 - Summon Stone Golem 16
3. CWDT 1 - Increased Duration - Blade Vortex 8 - Inreased Critical Strikes

Well, thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering why blade vortex only occasionally activates. I knew about how to cancel leveling up a gem, but to my shame, I never payed any attention to the gem levels, I did pay attention to the gem links, only not at what level they should be. Freaking missing one of the most basic and obvious things out there, I'm complicating myself with farming for chaos orbs, searching for the best ring I can find, put this gem here, move that gem there, and in the meantime I'm leveling the gems and even wasting passive nodes on mass dexterity.

"

The Brittle Emperor I kill him using 4x life flasks + rumi flask/do not run/try to avoid the big attacks & do not let him out of your RF radius more than 1sec

Will have to try that later on, for now I need to get me some new gems. He is annoying as hell though, last time I got him to half of his life. And then he healed himself back to full again in a couple of seconds. I was so frustrated I just quit the map.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 3, 2017, 7:06:26 AM
That's why you should have kept blade vortex on low lvl it doesn't need to be high dmg in order to crit and proc EO/EE
Does getting Red Dream will make a big difference? I'm close to getting one but I only have 1 maximum life jewel and the rest are damage jewel.
Also due to lack of dex, is it ok to down Blade Vortex by one level?
um, here is a stupid question. I would like to know why the cast when damage taken support gem used is 14 lv ? Is there any tricks or mechanics behind? thank you :D
EL PSY CONGROO
"
thkhang92 wrote:
Does getting Red Dream will make a big difference? I'm close to getting one but I only have 1 maximum life jewel and the rest are damage jewel.
Also due to lack of dex, is it ok to down Blade Vortex by one level?

Just checked your char, gear wise nice items. You are missing added x to x cold/lightning damage to attacks, currently you do not get the extra damage from elemental overload, which is a huge damage boost.
I see what you did there with the Jewels.
I would rather go for 5-6 Jewels with inc Life, dmg over Time + another damage source instead of going for a Red Dream now.
Red Dream isreally nice at some bosses due the 16% more phys dmg mitigation and also longer immortal call duration, but having Trifecta Jewels ith Life is altogether worth more.

Sure you can have Gems at a lower level, as long as you do not exceed the max supported level of CwdT it will trigger them, you could even run a lev 1 BV with almost no difference.

"
sg1pt048596 wrote:
um, here is a stupid question. I would like to know why the cast when damage taken support gem used is 14 lv ? Is there any tricks or mechanics behind? thank you :D

In some cases you do wanna have CwdT at lower levels in order to get them more often activated and proc supported skills. CwdT lev 20 does need 3.2k dmg to be activated CwdT 14 2k, the damage to proc a lev 20 10 times would proc a lev 14 15 times and can make it way more effective depending on supported skills.
Lonewolf
"
Just checked your char, gear wise nice items. You are missing added x to x cold/lightning damage to attacks, currently you do not get the extra damage from elemental overload, which is a huge damage boost.

I didn't notice that either. I was running a different and the right ring slot is an alternative for extra survival.
Spoiler
That´s a pretty one, worth to build around it for a perma usage.
Lonewolf
pastebins are giving errors in latest version pob - can you please update at least the 3.0 version?
Theamazonbasin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info