Flask Macro VS Stick over 1,2,3,4,5

What if instead of stick, I press all the buttons at once with my palm?

Not a signature.
You guys are essential suggesting that GGG put a (short) global cooldown on flasks.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 22, 2017, 8:22:52 AM
Um, last time I checked, you can't press multiple flask-buttons simultaneously anyway. Only with short intervalls between. So a stick won't work.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
*looks at hand*

how hard can it possibly be to use 4 fingers at once?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
That's even more button presses to accomplish than Alt F4, and would require more actions to be received by the server, but it's allowed too?

Seems like you don't know the difference between "button presses" and "actions received by the server".

Logging out and logging back in. Two server actions. Einstein.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
Um, last time I checked, you can't press multiple flask-buttons simultaneously anyway. Only with short intervalls between. So a stick won't work.

Horseshit.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Asmosis wrote:
*looks at hand*

how hard can it possibly be to use 4 fingers at once?

I can only use 3 fingers.. 2 fingers are not movable

Answer of the support:

"
Hey there,

Thank you for contacting Support in regards to this.

I'm afraid the set up you have described is not allowed and is a breach of our Terms of Use as this provides an unfair advantage over other players.

I hope this clarifies any concerns, if there's any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
mxxxxx
I can use all fingers and still only use 3, 1,2,3 in sequence and then 4 and 5 with my index finger, sure in the beginning it can feel strange, but give it some hours and it all goes automatic. Don't see the problem really.
It does seem like their policy is kind of silly.

The difference between:

develop muscle memory to hit default flask keys almost simultaniously
map flasks to 5 buttons I can press at once with one hand
stick over keyboard
macro that triggers all 5 flasks with one button

Is IMO pretty pointless to draw a line on.

I think the general rule with macros should be that macros that are aware of the game state (necessary for botting) should be the ones you try to discourage, but macros that just fire keyboard events in response to user input should be fine and if there's a problem with the game mechanics arising from unhuman rate of input those mechanics should be addressed.

As otehrwise mentioned for flaks: addressing the behavior of overlapping flask effects so simultaneous activation is less powerful, a short (say 1/10 second) global flask cooldown, or adding a "-1 flask slot" or "-10% to flak effect" type down side to pathfinder progression to offset not needing to ration flask usages all make a lot more sense than trying to ban account for pressing 5 buttons simultaneously or simulating the same with software.
Well we should get an official answer fromm ggg on how much microseconds their needs to be between the presses of buttons by my fingers so it isn't considerd a macro i will then proceed to train my fingers accordinly.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info