[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
minhha0510 wrote:
hey ya, trying your build now and planning on using an eye of chayula instead of skyforth since its too expensive and i dont think i could ever bought that! Would I still make the the build viable for shaper if I lose dps from the amulet?

I would personally rather use valyrium instead of Chayula actually as a good amulet provides more DPS than a ring because it can roll crit multi.

"
Hollycz wrote:
thanks mate. still dunno how to reach your damage since its multiple times over mine and with around 250c budget i cant find any good gear (steel rings with resists are expensive and amulets are just not there without paying 5ex. jewels are hard to find or overpriced.
Also for flask I think i will go with wise oak, diamond, lion, ToH and the overflowing chalice (adds some damage and makes it easier to keep up flask charges if it takes a bit more time to kill a boss like guardians and shaper, well for us with 93k dps in HO:D

i am trying to snipe amu now, hope it will make at least 10k increase but still nowhere near you

You're welcome! Ya I reckon the gear for this build may have become more expensive recently after more players started playing Frost Blades.

Your gear is actually pretty decent, you just got the wrong stats on them. Try to put more focus on +flat phys damage rather than %dmg on gear as that will scale better with your fast aps claw.

I think there are probably already a few people out there with better gear than mine. I haven't been upgrading my gear for ages now.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:

You're welcome! Ya I reckon the gear for this build may have become more expensive recently after more players started playing Frost Blades.

Your gear is actually pretty decent, you just got the wrong stats on them. Try to put more focus on +flat phys damage rather than %dmg on gear as that will scale better with your fast aps claw.

I think there are probably already a few people out there with better gear than mine. I haven't been upgrading my gear for ages now.

allright, thanks! you think claws are decent enough to swip through guardians and shaper or they need upgrading too? i wanna look for some with +% hp leech but will see how it goes. Currently i clear pretty fast up to t10, t11 is a bit slower but still doable quite well. i see that 1 jewel gives me 10k dps (one for 10c - 9% crit multi, 11% atk speed and 12% phys dmg).

I am just wondering tho. decent steel ring (considering flat phys 12 - 24 phys to attacks) gives me about 1,5k more dps then my current ring with crit chance and +WEP. this will be exchanged latest
https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/04/09/y2uM.png see my stats here. you think thats decent considering what i have or should I rather respect out of ES and put more nodes to jewels and damage now? 9k is decent enough to survive (havent been even close to dying) so i assume going 8,5k for now but gettin higher dps is better. you just have insane HO stats which i am not even close. this is definitely not guardian farmer yet (although costed me like 50 ex now :D)

also started using vaal haste, orb of storms with curse on hit (ele weakness)

hard to get rid of my amu coz it gives me a LOT of stats.
Last edited by Hollycz on Apr 9, 2017, 8:55:50 AM
Beautifully formatted guide and thank you for clearly defining what gear was used for what video as well as having a pob import.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Been doing some more testing on my own with the build and swapping gems around to find what I like that works for me. Along the way I have noticed that depending on the situation there are some better gem combos than others, but again, depends on the situation and what you're doing. This isn't meant to be a be-all-end-all for min/maxing damage, but just a general overview for those who might have some questions about gems and the like. I know Invalesco did a really great job with the math, so this is just anecdotal observations on my end. So, with that out of the way, here we go:

Ye Standard 'Default Gems'

These are pretty much the gems that you'll want to use all the time, and they are:

Frost Blades (DUH) -> WED -> MFDoFL -> MFD -> Multistrike

Since that's 5 slots taken up, that really only leaves one gem socket free for something else. Super ideal would be that you corrupt a Vaal Regalia and it gives the gem color setup of RRRRGW, so that you can freely switch out whatever gem is in the white socket for anything. BUT, that will likely never happen, so in that case you're left with about three options:

1. RRRRGB
2. RRRRGG
3. RRRGBB

They have their ups and downs so the optional gems I talk about below will apply to whichever setup you have and work within that.

Optional Gems

1. Cold Penetration -> This is a fantastic gem and is probably the best all-rounder for whatever you need. While there are some diminishing returns on penetration, there is one factor that I like that seems to go unappreciated at times. Cold Pen. not only applies to the melee portion if Frost Blades, but also to the projectile blades themselves. Even with the Frost Blade threshold jewels, those only apply to the MELEE portion of the attack, and the blades don't get any benefit form it. This is certainly fine for bosses, but not if you're wanting a faster clear speed on trash.

This is noticeable in maps where monsters get additional elemental resistances as the blades now have to work against that, even more annoying on mobs that already have high cold resistance. That also means a harder time trying to freeze something. Cold Penetration helps get around that and it makes clearing trash faster from what I have seen, and it's still not too shabby on bosses either. Of course, from a pure DPS perspective it won't win out against something like Elemental Focus, but this isn't about extreme min/maxing and is more about seeing what the gem is good for. You really can't go wrong with this one.

2. Hypothermia -> While not a sheet DPS booster (same applies to Cold Penetration) this gem is another 'more' multiplier when you can get enemies chilled and even gives the nice bonus that they can have a chance to freeze once chilled. Given that we're doing pretty much nothing but cold damage this gem is a natural fit and will work nicely for almost any situation. The only time this gem starts to falter is when you get maps with either additional elemental resists, or you get the ones where monsters have a 90% chance to avoid status ailments. if you can't inflict chill then the gem's more multiplier won't take effect.

There's also the fact that if you come across bosses that have insanely high life (base or map mod altered) or are immune to free/chill, then this gem won't do anything at all. At that point you're better off switching it out for something else. Still, even with that said, it's a very nice gem. The only other thing that I think sometimes makes this gem a bit less appealing for me when it comes to trash clearing is that I kill stuff so fast that monsters die before an additional hit can take advantage of the chill. That is, even if the initial hit does chill the enemy, because the enemy wasn't chilled originally the gem's bonus doesn't apply to that first hit.

3. Increased Critical Strikes -> This is probably the other best all-rounder gem as it gives some great advantages to almost any setup. The first is that the '+X.X% To Critical Strike Chance' applies to the weapon's base crit chance (after local crit modifiers are factored in). So, my current claw has a 7.81% chance to crit, and at level 20 the ICS gem will boost that to 9.81%. That means any other crit chance enhancements from gear or from the tree will apply to the 9.81% chance to crit, and I think you can see how nice that is. Add in that the gem gives you over 100% Increased Critical Strike Chance, that basically means I get another 9.81% chance added to my crit chance just by putting the gem in.

And given that this build uses all cold damage, and crits will cause enemies to freeze (assuming damage done is enough to do so) that means this gem is helping us crit more often. Defensive-wise it's great and offensive-wise it means that your crit chance is higher, so you're scoring more crit hits and working off your crit multiplier...again, win-win. Don't think I need to say much else about this one.

4. Increased Critical Strike Damage -> It should go without saying that this will increase the damage your critical strikes do. At 20/20 it can add about 118% increased critical strike multiplier to your critical strikes, which can be around 5-7 skill points on the tree depending on which nodes you go for. Not to mention, CSM isn't the easiest to get on gear, especially for this build, so adding it in can give your crits a really nice boost. However, this does mean for the gem to really be effective your crit chance has to be decently high enough for it to take effect. Otherwise, you're losing out on its boost every time you do not deal a CS.

I think this one is a bit more situational especially since you're likely going to choose between this and the ICS gem. Of course, you could go with a RRRGBB setup, though for that you're going to have to drop either MPD or MPDoFL, so you're losing out on consistency for the melee portion of the attack. HOWEVER, you WILL gain more CSM for the blades portion so if you're more concerned about trash clearing speed then this will work, though do note the extra CSM will also apply to the melee portion. So it's not like it's a total loss...again, that's why I said this is more situational compared to the others.

5. Elemental Focus -> This one is definitely a powerhouse and comes with a nice fat multiplier on it that is more than Hypothermia or Cold Penetration. It is also more consistent than Hypothermia and won't suffer as much from 'diminishing returns' like Cold Pen. will. However, it is important to note that EF does have a big downside...you can no longer benefit from any elemental status ailments that the attack it's linked to would normally apply. In this case, that means both the melee and blade portions of Frost Blades can no longer freeze anything. You can still freeze monsters, you just have to do it with another means other than this attack.

Honestly, I find this gem works best either on maps where monsters get the 'Avoid Status Ailments' mod, or on bosses that have such high life that trying to chill/freeze them wouldn't work out as well. OR...of course...bosses like Hydra that are outright immune to free/chill, so no point in even trying to affect the boss with those. In that case, Elemental Focus has no problems being slotted right in and doing its thing. Granted, you will be giving up ICS if you're using that, so you won't crit as often, but your attacks will still pack a really nice punch regardless thanks to the big more multiplier you're getting.

I know I didn't cover every possible facet of these gems, but I think this should be good enough for a base start to maybe get some other discussion going. Please understand ONCE AGAIN...THIS IS NOT ABOUT MIN/MAXING...this is about showing players what they have as options and for them to ultimately make the choice in the end what they feel suits them best for their playstyle.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Apr 9, 2017, 12:59:52 PM
Is this build HC viable, I mean, can it kill shaper in HC too? And what map mods would you NOT recommend doing?
Sorry to post again, but I just managed to get this helmet crafted from a white base that I bought for 1ex:

Now I DON'T want to exalt that one. I got the Int, ES%, and FR from the Trans/Alt/Regal, crafted the LR on it, exalted (I tried about 10 exalts before this one) and got the flat ES. I know I could try for the hybrid roll, but if I do, I KNOW I'll get life or mana...WAHHHHHH! ><
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Sorry to post again, but I just managed to get this helmet crafted from a white base that I bought for 1ex:

Now I DON'T want to exalt that one. I got the Int, ES%, and FR from the Trans/Alt/Regal, crafted the LR on it, exalted (I tried about 10 exalts before this one) and got the flat ES. I know I could try for the hybrid roll, but if I do, I KNOW I'll get life or mana...WAHHHHHH! ><

nice helmet mate :) how much damage did it add? also almost 400 ES is good enough no?
Well, this looks like researches for my own builds. GJ Invalesco, now I have faith in poe community once again.
I can't get 5 off colours on my vaal ragalia, what do?
In a house of mirrors, who perceives who to be real?
"
I can't get 5 off colours on my vaal ragalia, what do?

What do...what do what exactly? Or did you mean to type "What do I do?" Because the second one makes much more sense and looks better as well. Try asking that in the future so it's less confusing.

But as for what you can do, if you can't get the 5 off-colors on your chest piece, then use an Atziri's Splendor chest piece as that will give you an easier time with getting the colors you need.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Apr 9, 2017, 7:39:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info