[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

Hey man, thanks a bunch for the great guide! This league was the first time I decided to try pushing endgame a bit after many years of more casual play and it’s been a blast breezing through red maps with your build – had no real issues doing a full atlas unlock up to T15.

Quick question: I’m using the victario’s charity variant (no real deviation from the guide; got lucky with a 6l covenant in 30fuse!) and I haven’t been able to get very far with guardians; I feel very squishy and pretty much die before I get a chance to dish out any damage or figure out mechanics (I have no previous experience with them whatsoever). Is it worth respecing to one of the tankier variants or should I just level a different dedicated build for guardians/shaper? In other words, are guardians/shaper actually doable with this build, with a bit of experience and patience, and if so, what are your recommendations? I’m not really looking to farm, just kill them the once for now.

Thanks once again!
"
dupie wrote:
"
Caim87 wrote:
What is a good alternative to the curse spreading instead of Ball Lightning? I'm playing with a friend who uses lightning primarily and I'll wreck his damage with Elemental Equilibrium if I go that route, so is there a good alternative ability to use in it's place?

Use any fire spell you like as cold would lower your damage, so firestorm would be a decent option.

?? SRS has a built in 30% of phys damage dealt as fire. If you use or have added fire\cold dmg to spells on gear you loose a lot of SRS damage after EE proc. If you cast anything other than lightning you are gimping your own damage.
"
Sir_Moke wrote:
"
dupie wrote:
"
Caim87 wrote:
What is a good alternative to the curse spreading instead of Ball Lightning? I'm playing with a friend who uses lightning primarily and I'll wreck his damage with Elemental Equilibrium if I go that route, so is there a good alternative ability to use in it's place?

Use any fire spell you like as cold would lower your damage, so firestorm would be a decent option.

?? SRS has a built in 30% of phys damage dealt as fire. If you use or have added fire\cold dmg to spells on gear you loose a lot of SRS damage after EE proc. If you cast anything other than lightning you are gimping your own damage.

You have to apply EE yourself, as minions don't apply it.
Okay, perhaps I could then use wrath, meaning I'd be using "Fire" from the skulls themselves. "Lightning" boost using my aura also improving my allies damage, then I could use a cold skill with multiple projectile support to spread EE Proc? that should also improve my friends baseline lightning damage too then along with the aura bonus right?

That being said, if that works what would be the best frost spell to use?
"
Sir_Moke wrote:
"
dupie wrote:
"
Caim87 wrote:

Yep SRS will lose damage but with the curse on hit applying elemental weakness and buffing their cold damage it is still better than not using EE at all and his friend will benefit from the EE. Of course in any other situation he still wants to only apply EE with lightning damage.
Last edited by dupie on Aug 23, 2017, 12:21:13 AM
"
Caim87 wrote:
Okay, perhaps I could then use wrath, meaning I'd be using "Fire" from the skulls themselves. "Lightning" boost using my aura also improving my allies damage, then I could use a cold skill with multiple projectile support to spread EE Proc? that should also improve my friends baseline lightning damage too then along with the aura bonus right?

That being said, if that works what would be the best frost spell to use?

If your friend is using lightning damage let him scale his damage with wrath etc, just run curse on hit with firestorm and apply elemental weakness instead of vulnerability. Your SRS will lose a little bit of damage but your total damage in the party will go up a lot.

Curse on Hit - Firestorm - Increased AoE - Elemental Weakness for your curse on hit setup.
"
Loyalpeon wrote:
Hey man, thanks a bunch for the great guide! This league was the first time I decided to try pushing endgame a bit after many years of more casual play and it’s been a blast breezing through red maps with your build – had no real issues doing a full atlas unlock up to T15.

Quick question: I’m using the victario’s charity variant (no real deviation from the guide; got lucky with a 6l covenant in 30fuse!) and I haven’t been able to get very far with guardians; I feel very squishy and pretty much die before I get a chance to dish out any damage or figure out mechanics (I have no previous experience with them whatsoever). Is it worth respecing to one of the tankier variants or should I just level a different dedicated build for guardians/shaper? In other words, are guardians/shaper actually doable with this build, with a bit of experience and patience, and if so, what are your recommendations? I’m not really looking to farm, just kill them the once for now.

Thanks once again!

I have killed all of the guardians with this exact build, the problem with shaper is that your zombies will just constantly die which will completely ruin the fight as it will become a huge mess. So you either find a way for your zombies to die way less(united in dream) and just focus on them or you just go full out with SRS. This build was focused on mapping and just playing with friends casually while being safe for hardcore as well, which is why I am using zombies and SRS, but focus on neither.

There is quite a few necromancer builds that can kill shaper that focus solely on zombies or SRS, the latter still being very good for mapping so maybe look into that.

I am quite confident with some tweaking and united in dream I can down shaper but I will need to test it in standard when I get some spare time.
Heya!

Enjoying this build so far in SSF. Got the weapon for the zombies and the shield for the charges. Main problem is, that I don't have a covenant chest.

At the moment I'm testing a 5l staff and the combination of Mon'tegrul's Grasp and Victario's Charity. Don't have a 5l chest atm but I have a Jewellers Touch ready and got some good chest pieces.

With staff and linked Spell Echo it's good to play with a mana potion. With Grasp&Charity and without Spell Echo it was not working.

Without Covenant it's better to play without Haste because of the very low mana pool, right?!

Any tips for SSF and this build?
I love this Build :)

lvl 86, max resi, over 1000 STR - nice equipment!
So much fun watching my zombies on their killing spree.

But I have a question:

Um using the following link in "The Baron":
Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Melee Physical Damage - **Minion Speed**

Is MAIM so much better? I love my fast zombies.
Having tons of fun with your build!

What should be my priorities in upgrading gem quality?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info