[2.6] The Roadrunner -- Lab Speedrunner and BossKiller [w/ Videos]

"
itsMartini wrote:
"
Ravensfang wrote:
Is there a trick or advanced technique to keep your vortex up? I'm having issues staying above 10 charges without suddenly standing in the middle of enemies chaincasting BV for 5 seconds :/

Get the duration nodes. Click BV every so often. 20 stacks ez.

I stack to 20 and then hit bv every so often.
"
itsMartini wrote:
I have a modified Roadrunner 3.0 that I will be playing when the new league (or beta) starts. If it works out, I'll post a guide for that one.

I very much look forward to that! I'm addicted to speed and I'd love to focus on Uber Lab runs in the 3.0 league, so here's hoping it's viable!!!
"
itsMartini wrote:
"
Punny_Bunny wrote:
Given the recent manifesto/balance update on double dipping for 3.0, do you have any idea how the damage will be affected for single target (e.g., Izaro)? Build looks fascinating and I'd like to run in 3.0 if it's still viable...

Damage will be hurt by the changes in 3.0. Izaro doesn't have much health, so he should still die easily with this build, but bigger bosses like shaper and guardians will be difficult.

I have a modified Roadrunner 3.0 that I will be playing when the new league (or beta) starts. If it works out, I'll post a guide for that one.

I think Uber Lab will still be viable, and the Beta will show us how Poison/DoT is reworked. Maybe its not too bad.

How I understand the post from Rory, Poison will be an Ailment and thus treated as that. If it works similar to Ignites (I don't know yet) it'll still be possible to scale it via Chaos Damage and somewhat doubledip it with our chaos damage. But Some modifyers like Area Damage or Attackdamage won't scale anymore. (like Spell Damage doesn't scale Ignites)

This sounds very promising.

itsMartini do you like to share your planned tree for 3.0? Albeit its previous to any known skill tree changes?
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
great build!

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Don't worry too much about the changes for 3, i'm more looking forward to them honestly. As far as it relates to this build, nobody will really know until the skill tree comes out and is finalized.

Worthy of mention is the build works fantastically for lab so the only thing that will probably change is the mechanic used to kill izaro and realistically there's quite a few ways to get a sufficient amount of damage to do that, it's just a matter of what fits in with the build.

Last edited by gote66666 on May 3, 2017, 6:41:51 AM
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

itsMartini do you like to share your planned tree for 3.0? Albeit its previous to any known skill tree changes?

I don't want to share it now without testing under the new changes. Also, like you said, since it is using the 2.6 tree, it may change drastically as they release new information.
Hello,

i wanted to share my thoughts about this Build. I did the First Uberlab with this Build yesterday(lvl76)
i didn't picked up the extra Passive Points during leveling so it was like beeing level 60. I died 1 time in 3 attempts. So i picked up the remaining passive Points and played until i reached lvl 78 for the Belt(High lvl Req :D).
After that i did the Labby ~30 Times without getting one shotted. Iam sitting at 4.1k Life for Bosskilling and 4.3K when iam running through the Labby I also have around 2k Mana. This build is very tanky. You can't die in the Labby that seems Impossible. My damage is quite ok but given the fact that iam only level 79 it is nice.

For other Players who are unsure I only can say that you can farm the Labby so Easily (even Brain AFK) it won't be a problem.
Also it is Budget Viable because Life isnt Meta so the Items are quite cheap.

Here is my Gear:

For Bosskilling:

For running:

Flask:

For Jewels i took %Life %Evasion and %Area Damage

The most expensive Item are my Gloves but i really wanted them :)

If anyone have some suggestion for my Gear/Passive Three feel free to comment i would appreciate it :)

Have Fun!

I don't understand why u need a lot of free mana for MoM... if u have a tiny bit but fast regen or leech, u should be fine? it's not supposed to work like life.. is it?

I mean if u have 1 mana, after a hit 30% of damage will obliterate that 1 mana only, and 70% should affect life. at least that's how I understand '30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life'.

I used MoM before but it's hard to understand what happens there.. other than.. u can end up disabled for a split second because it kills all your mana.

anyway, mana must be reserved for auras, how can u get any damage without auras?
"
I don't understand why u need a lot of free mana for MoM... if u have a tiny bit but fast regen or leech, u should be fine? it's not supposed to work like life.. is it?

I mean if u have 1 mana, after a hit 30% of damage will obliterate that 1 mana only, and 70% should affect life. at least that's how I understand '30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life'.

I used MoM before but it's hard to understand what happens there.. other than.. u can end up disabled for a split second because it kills all your mana.

anyway, mana must be reserved for auras, how can u get any damage without auras?

The Wiki says:

"
When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life.

So the more Mana you have the better are the chances not getting wrecked by Hard Hits. For further Information you can look the exact Calculation here:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter

//Edit
This is a Lab Runner you don't need much damage. The damage come from Gear(High Spell Shield , Scourge Claw[Double Dip Minions Inc Dmg are also applied for You] and Jewels/gear)
That ist enough damage for Full Buffed Izaro and Argus. If you want more DPS you would have to adjust the Three a bit. But that is youre Choice you don't need to follow the Guide 100% ;)

I also runned some T11 with it w/o problems.

If you look for a Labrunner with Insane damage you should take a Warchief Totem Build , but you would lose a lot of Movement Speed.

Last edited by SuizideFF on May 6, 2017, 9:44:54 AM
Hello ^_^,

Trying out this build and currently getting 1 shot by argus if he crits and sword and shield izaro charge. Also feel like I'm doing no damage.

Total hp is 4.4k w/ 2.3k mana

Spoiler

Tree On Path Of Building:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/0bbAm8zQ

I realize my belt and one ring could use an upgrade but at4.4k hp with 2.2k mana I'm kind of surprised I'm just getting decimated. Also not doing any damage (Or at least doesn't feel like it). Have to cast 2 wither totems before I kill izaro.
Last edited by GilgasGaming on May 6, 2017, 1:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info