[2.6] The Roadrunner -- Lab Speedrunner and BossKiller [w/ Videos]

gear/tree etc looks ok except for the following:

- you kinda want/need a bleed flask.
- get your life over 5k. You're sitting around 6k-6.1k effective life which is still in one shot territory, especially on buffed elemental days. I was pretty comfortable on 5.1-5.2k life and could tank the big hits. This is a really easy build to stack life on too as its so loose with other requirements.
- jewels are bad.
- drop in conc effect instead of increased aoe for the bossfights if you feel it is taking too long, according to your linked pob data that puts you on about 330k dps with witchfire/vinktar up (about 425k vs boss if he's shocked). That will speed things up a bit.
- gem levels/quality also add a fair bit. if you were at 20/20 according to your pob you'd be doing 616k dps vs izaro when he's shocked with witchfire/vinktar up. That's ahem, enough ;). ps - you can check that stuff in the configuration tab of pob, just above the calc button.

As a note too, if you do get hit several times in rapid succession it can kill you so if you take a big hit, heatlh pot and if needed, disengage for a few seconds to heal up then dive back in. with your movement speed it is really easy to do. Also don't be afraid to use that healing flask to keep your life/mana topped up if you're spamming bv - remember you want both topped up.

out of interest too i had a lvl 89 slayer doing nothing so i just respecced to this and equipped all my lab running gear. Smashes lab no problem although not quite as fast or smooth as pathfinder as you need to actually try to get flask charges back sometimes ;D. gg build indeed.
Hey everyone, I've been out for a few days. I'll try to address some of the questions and concerns now.
"
SuizideFF wrote:

//Edit
This is a Lab Runner you don't need much damage. The damage come from Gear(High Spell Shield , Scourge Claw[Double Dip Minions Inc Dmg are also applied for You] and Jewels/gear)
That ist enough damage for Full Buffed Izaro and Argus. If you want more DPS you would have to adjust the Three a bit. But that is youre Choice you don't need to follow the Guide 100% ;)

I also runned some T11 with it w/o problems.

If you look for a Labrunner with Insane damage you should take a Warchief Totem Build , but you would lose a lot of Movement Speed.

First off, thanks for the comments on MoM. Essentially, you can add your mana to your life total if it is more than 30% of your total life. Any less than that and you're not fully utilizing MoM. I like to get 40-50% of my life as mana so if I take a big hit, I still have some mana to work with.

Now, to your comment on damage. Have you played the build with leveled gems and a leveled character? It does plenty of damage. I killed shaper with level 19 quality 0 gems, as well as about 25 chayula runs easily (a few deaths here and there to the chayula cyclone, since no vaal pact instant leech goodness ;) Anyway, PoB reports 500k-1mil dps depending on your gear/gem setup, and that to me, both numerically and empirically, is plenty to do all of the content in the game.
"
GilgasGaming wrote:

I realize my belt and one ring could use an upgrade but at4.4k hp with 2.2k mana I'm kind of surprised I'm just getting decimated. Also not doing any damage (Or at least doesn't feel like it). Have to cast 2 wither totems before I kill izaro.

It looks like someone already did a pretty comprehensive explanation on your situation, so I'll just throw in a couple thoughts.

Your gear looks fine. Upgrading those two pieces you mentioned will get you a little more life. The rest comes from levels and jewels. As long as you use conc effect, you're damage should me more than enough (way more than enough). You should definitely switch you hybrid pot for one with bleed removal btw (I think this was already mentioned).

As a note, I started running uber lab on this character with 4.6k hp and 2k mana. I have done over 500 runs and have never died to argus or izaro with this build. Many of those runs (for the streams viewing pleasure), I took out multiple support gems from blade vortex just to show how little damage you actually need. The only challenging setup was the no-link BV, which is clipped and linked in the original post. Every other setup (BV-conc, BV-conc-echo, etc.) easily takes down both argus and izaro. Any links or damage beyond that is unnecessary, only making the kills slightly faster.
loving the build, had some ups and downs (realised at level 85 that i hadn't swapped out AOE for conc effect). First uber lab i died to Argus (not sure why) 2nd attempt one shot Argus and Izaro (turned out to be a 3 key run). Put a few levels on and changed a few things and did a 4 key run with ease, still getting to grips on how to master my char at this speed.

Couple of my items are in need of some love (belt does not have reduced flask use, prices being asked for on POE are quite high, so i will just use the belt i have equipped until i can craft the ideal belt or someone sells me a belt at a decent price).

Looking forward to get some more levels under my belt and see how far i can push this char.

Would appreciate if someone could look at my char and see if i have made any blatant mistakes (i was following the guide but changed a few things that work for me, i do believe that you shouldnt blindly follow a guide, you should adjust it to your needs and gear etc).

Thanks for the op for a well written guide and for those who have contributed to it as well.
"
loving the build, had some ups and downs (realised at level 85 that i hadn't swapped out AOE for conc effect). First uber lab i died to Argus (not sure why) 2nd attempt one shot Argus and Izaro (turned out to be a 3 key run). Put a few levels on and changed a few things and did a 4 key run with ease, still getting to grips on how to master my char at this speed.

Couple of my items are in need of some love (belt does not have reduced flask use, prices being asked for on POE are quite high, so i will just use the belt i have equipped until i can craft the ideal belt or someone sells me a belt at a decent price).

Looking forward to get some more levels under my belt and see how far i can push this char.

Would appreciate if someone could look at my char and see if i have made any blatant mistakes (i was following the guide but changed a few things that work for me, i do believe that you shouldnt blindly follow a guide, you should adjust it to your needs and gear etc).

Thanks for the op for a well written guide and for those who have contributed to it as well.

I personally would probably chance a few things on your build. I would drop the cruel penetration nodes and go for some more evasion. I would also buy myself a leather belt instead, with the reduced flasks to get your life that way around if you feel like you lack something. The reduced flasks on belt is a huge upgrade.

Also, I would get ride of clear mind. you should be in no need for mana regen on this build. A jewel with life/Evasion/Area damage is a huge boost.

Other then that, gear looks fine. But as you said, you made a few changes to fit the build to your playstyle :)
"
itsMartini wrote:
"
SuizideFF wrote:

//Edit
This is a Lab Runner you don't need much damage. The damage come from Gear(High Spell Shield , Scourge Claw[Double Dip Minions Inc Dmg are also applied for You] and Jewels/gear)
That ist enough damage for Full Buffed Izaro and Argus. If you want more DPS you would have to adjust the Three a bit. But that is youre Choice you don't need to follow the Guide 100% ;)

I also runned some T11 with it w/o problems.

If you look for a Labrunner with Insane damage you should take a Warchief Totem Build , but you would lose a lot of Movement Speed.

First off, thanks for the comments on MoM. Essentially, you can add your mana to your life total if it is more than 30% of your total life. Any less than that and you're not fully utilizing MoM. I like to get 40-50% of my life as mana so if I take a big hit, I still have some mana to work with.

Now, to your comment on damage. Have you played the build with leveled gems and a leveled character? It does plenty of damage. I killed shaper with level 19 quality 0 gems, as well as about 25 chayula runs easily (a few deaths here and there to the chayula cyclone, since no vaal pact instant leech goodness ;) Anyway, PoB reports 500k-1mil dps depending on your gear/gem setup, and that to me, both numerically and empirically, is plenty to do all of the content in the game.

As stated before I don't have high Leveld Gems because since Iam Level 76 I only do Ubers. My Damage seems OK its more then enough for the content I do.
Thanks for the input, the clear mind jewel was used for testing, i think for now my best option is using a leather belt, until i can craft a decent vanguard belt or buy one at an affordable price.

I went with cruel prep for the HP and res but if i can grab a decent leather belt that should swing more HP and better resists (this is for mapping ofc).
Thanks for the help,

Since switching to conc effect for bosses no more problems with damage, will level a bit and then report back, build is great though.

First time using BV, not a big fan of the maintenance and I'm pretty sure I grabbed most of the duration in the tree, any tips you guys have for maintaining 15+ stacks while mapping?

Edit:

Went back into lab with same gear and same stats with conc effect. Last phase izaro shield charged once and then died. All my damage problems were solved, good to go now ^_^

Second Edit:

10 labs down, all keys 0 deaths, argus crit me once and almost killed me but that's about it. Traps are trivial, izaro is a joke but my enchants are still shit ^_^.

Thanks for the great build!
Last edited by GilgasGaming on May 7, 2017, 12:26:47 PM
Hey there, thanks for the build, I'm still leveling the character for it :D
Got a quick question tho, there isn't eny source of leech I can see, is 1 hybrid flask the only source of health? Or did I just miss something obvious?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info