[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
tomtong1995 wrote:
Is there any video? maybe later?

Well you know you can always... check the "Videos" section...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 22, 2017, 4:12:59 AM
Hi, KorgothBG. I liked your old flicker guide very much. I didn't know Terminus got buffed so much, so a few days ago I changed those non crit build into this. Got lucky I had some gear, so i can say my uniques are quite nice, but rares not really. First of all i want to ask what 4-6 link setup i can use in addition, cause you are using kaom's. Secondly, why not hatred aura + AM + blasphemy? Lastly, what is my weak point in gearing? Not to mention quality on gems. Cause i feel my dps is low (14k on tooltip), btw i'm only 3.5k hp now. As for additional link setup I think it would be frenzy or my current setup in boots. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Perdulkin on Mar 22, 2017, 4:35:18 AM
Of course the best item that you can get is Atziri's Acuity (it really is a game-changer), but if you can't afford it drop the rare gloves and get Shadows and Dust instead. I've talked a bit about a second 6L (or 4L,5L) but i'll say it again - there are a few options and i can't really tell which one is better. 1. Frenzy setup (the same as flicker strike but without multistrike and with faster attacks instead). 2. Ancestral Warchief setup (the same as flicker strike but without multistrike and with faster attacks instead). 3. Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Increased Duration.

Now about Hatred + AA + Blasphemy vs HoA + AA + Blasphemy .. what can i say hatred reserves 50% mana + 25% from AA and 35% from blasphemy that's a total of 110% mana reserved... so yeah ... it's not really possible.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Yeah, Atziri acuity cool but unaffordable. I meant Hatred + AM = 85 instead of HoA + AM + AA = 85. Just throw away AA, anyway i got oneshotted by bosses sometime.
Ah yes, well sure this is an option. Personally i think that my damage is more than enough, so i prefer a bit more defenses, especially considering wearing Abyssus.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 22, 2017, 5:31:10 AM
I'm level 73 and I can handle mapping up until around tier 10 fine so far, but I can't complete the merc lab, largely because Izaro one-hits me, even in the first phase of the fight. My life pool is only at 3.4k with Belly of the Beast. Is there anything in particular you would recommend to help me, or do I just need to git gud?
Gear

I'm just using Snakebite because they dropped and I haven't picked up a Shadows and Dust yet. The poison is only ~2200dps so I really should swap them out.
I also know that my Abyssus could be much better, but I had it so I didn't want to waste currency on a better one when those chaos could be put to better use.

"
Nuraihyon wrote:
I'm level 73 and I can handle mapping up until around tier 10 fine so far, but I can't complete the merc lab, largely because Izaro one-hits me, even in the first phase of the fight. My life pool is only at 3.4k with Belly of the Beast. Is there anything in particular you would recommend to help me, or do I just need to git gud?
Gear

I'm just using Snakebite because they dropped and I haven't picked up a Shadows and Dust yet. The poison is only ~2200dps so I really should swap them out.
I also know that my Abyssus could be much better, but I had it so I didn't want to waste currency on a better one when those chaos could be put to better use.

Two ways to go about dealing with getting one-shot:

1) Watch his tells and avoid his big hits that are clearly telegraphed,
2) Get more life through leveling or gear.

For your current gear:
Bramble Knuckle Diamond Ring - Master craft Life
Sorrow Clasp Onyx Amulet - Master craft Phys Damage or replace
Maelstrom Turn Topaz Ring - Try to replace with a Diamond Ring
Ghoul Shackle Leather Belt - Once your life is better, I would try to replace this with a Rustic belt.

I would also try to at least get a 5-link on your chest or sword. I'd go for chest so you can freely fuse spam your sword until you 6-link it. Then you can switch to Koam's if you so desire.

My philosophy with rares is look for at least T2 life roll with 80% total ele resist, and a free spot to craft whatever I need on it.

You can find item affix information at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_amulet_modifiers
Just remember that master crafting will always be lower than what can be rolled on it.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master#Crafting

EDIT:
@KargothBG

The guide is already fairly large, could we get an index with numbers or something we can use to quickly Ctrl+F to?

And thank you very much for this guide. I was doing the original flicker strike build and had a blast with it. Now I'm trying this one out, and it is loads of fun.

Did you have any playstyle tips for trying to keep your character to focus on one area/mob. I find with large open maps I have a hard time clearing them efficiently as I'll suddenly pop somewhere else entirely without clearing out the pack of mobs first.
Last edited by zell580 on Mar 22, 2017, 2:35:33 PM
"
zell580 wrote:

Two ways to go about dealing with getting one-shot:

1) Watch his tells and avoid his big hits that are clearly telegraphed,
2) Get more life through leveling or gear.

That's fair. I'm just used to tankier builds, where I can afford a moment of stupidity or two. Uber lab will always destroy you, but usually I have the ability to take at least some of the hits from merciless Izaro.

EDIT: I've tried the lab so many times now. Every attack (even the green orbs he throws) one-hits me. I'm convinced that this build just isn't viable without Kaom's Heart.

"
zell580 wrote:

For your current gear:
Bramble Knuckle Diamond Ring - Master craft Life
Sorrow Clasp Onyx Amulet - Master craft Phys Damage or replace
Maelstrom Turn Topaz Ring - Try to replace with a Diamond Ring
Ghoul Shackle Leather Belt - Once your life is better, I would try to replace this with a Rustic belt.

I would also try to at least get a 5-link on your chest or sword. I'd go for chest so you can freely fuse spam your sword until you 6-link it. Then you can switch to Koam's if you so desire.

My philosophy with rares is look for at least T2 life roll with 80% total ele resist, and a free spot to craft whatever I need on it.

You can find item affix information at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_amulet_modifiers
Just remember that master crafting will always be lower than what can be rolled on it.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Master#Crafting

Fair point about the master crafting. I'm using the Topaz Ring because it gives 69% lightning resistance and I am extremely low on lightning resistance without it. Plus, the combined intelligence of my items brings me to exactly enough to get level 20 of my blue gems.
I don't have a 5L or just generally better gear because I have the amazing ability to somehow remain poor even after playing for long amounts of time.
Last edited by Nuraihyon on Mar 22, 2017, 9:09:48 PM
Hi,

Atziri's Acuity work like Vaal Pact with Endless Hunger ? Because i really like to sustain Blood rage with Endless Hunger.

I don't have the currency to actually try it so if you can tell me ^^'

(Sorry for my bad english)
"
plopshadoow wrote:
Hi,

Atziri's Acuity work like Vaal Pact with Endless Hunger ? Because i really like to sustain Blood rage with Endless Hunger.

I don't have the currency to actually try it so if you can tell me ^^'

(Sorry for my bad english)

It does work. Vaal Pact stops Life Regen. Endless Hunger gives Life Leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info