Developer Questions and Answers

What sort of content makes good game designer portfolio work? I have a mainly programming background but I really want to work in design. (not art).

Do people at the office ever talk about different game genres in the PoE universe setting / game mechanics? Any ideas stand out?

Have you ever considered teaming with other studios? I think you and Larian Studios would make a great partnership.

Speaking of Larian has anyone on the team played the Divinity Original Sin II early access? I think there are some great ideas in the game that would translate well to PoE. For example the way their armor and magic armor system works. It is very similar to Energy shield in that it takes damage before vitality but the thing that is unique is that each armor type is balanced to defend against different types of damage. Similar mechanics in PoE would be well received I believe.
in 3.0 a life character will have 8k life without kaom?
Give me your heart,
And i will give you beauty,
Beyond your darkest dreams. -Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
I'm curious as to how you feel pick-up multiplayer is in this game at this point.

For me personally, PoE has basically turned into a single-player experience with trading attached.

- There's no real benefit to going through the trouble of starting a pick-up group since the worst I can expect is dying to an unexpected boss mechanic, which isn't that big of a deal outside HC or level 90+.

- Public groups still "fall off" the notice board if there's enough other public parties on it (usually trade offers). Having to break down and re-create a new party is a huge hassle when that happens.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Will Picastor be a new boss ?
Nothing will overcome your Fear !!!
What game would you say you've played the longest/had most nostalgia for, besides PoE? (Directed to any Dev)
What is it like in the industry for company from New Zealand, with one major game, getting the kind of attention that GGG does? Your game is gaining alot of attention within the ARPG genre, especially with the Xbox release. How/will you ever make the jump from GGG just being path of exile to GGG being blizzard/valve. A company with multiple games and genres. How do you grow and press your message and philosophy of game development and management into new platforms and genres. Or is that even in the cards?
Last edited by Boanger on Mar 12, 2017, 11:23:33 PM
Can you send me a picture of the GGG staff with everyone's signature on it?

Seriously though, are you going to start working on a sequel or maybe even a prequel to Path of Exile in the next five(5) years?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Let's say I wear the following uniques:

-Headhunter
-Coapri's Will
-Shackles of the Wretched

Then, I gain the hexproof modifier from a rare mob. Then I curse another mob with a curse socketed in Shackles.

Will I be cursed?
Do you have any plans to let us customize our Atlas even further, or limiting our current options?

If so, how?

Spoiler
As of now if you want to only run certain maps, you're limited to shaped maps only, as they don't have adjacent maps of the close tier.

There are two different orbs for example that could let us customize the map drops even further;

Shaper's Scissor, cutting/removing the adjacent lines between maps.

Isolation Orb, completely locking that map from dropping adjacent maps if they're not completed.

A way to limit our customization options would be making shaped maps follow the "route" all the way to the same tier map of that side in the Atlas for considering adjacent maps. So T11 Shaped Strand would be considered either to be Chateau or Wasteland in terms of map connections.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info