Developer Questions and Answers

When will you hire a competent balance team that looks at skills and items objectively rather than by popularity or because cry babys want nerfs?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Mar 12, 2017, 11:36:27 PM
Hello GGG! I want to ask you, why in currency stash we have no place for perandus coins or for Breach fragments? Now we have 5 breach fragments and perandus coins as currency, also we have cartograther's seals, rhoa feathers, but we have only 5 misk slots in currency stash. It would be very good to see all this items in one place like currency stash. Thanks for your time!
While the topic of trading improvements is something common to bug you all about, but I figured I'd ask something a bit more narrowly tailored (if a bit of a mouthful):

Among the goals of in-development/planned trade improvements, how high a priority is "dis-incentivizing bad-faith trade listings" (trade listings that the seller has no intention of following through with, typically to manipulate the price of an item) among the planned user-experience improvements?
IGN: Totemofo
Is the base structure for leagues changing with 3.0? I get the feeling that it may be, considering how major (and brilliant) a change leaguestones are, and the fact that it's been openly stated before that you don't want to clutter the game indefinitely with more and more league mechanics.

Sinilarly, are you considering other options for Zana's crafting given the minimal excitement shown by most of the community in response to her new form? Assuming that leaguestones stick around, I think it would be great if she crafted those (I'd totally pay 5c to craft +2 charges onto a Breach stone with Chayula), and offered a single rare leaguestone each day (replacing her custom map mod that's not very good).

Thanks for doing these!
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Hello! I'm looking to join my friend in the games industry. He's a level designer, and I work as a programmer analyst for a financing department.

A lot of the concepts of the libraries associated with game design, even the well organized ones, are sometimes daunting to dive into. When you sat down with just a handful of people all those years ago, what helped the most in understanding the intricacies of game development in terms of programming?
Are u guys gonna ever buff Double Strike?
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
What are game companies like GGG looking for in their employees? How important is it to have experience with tools that you guys use, versus having many years tucked under the belt? I.e. could someone with 4 years of experience using tools that you guys use be as qualified as someone 20 years in the game industry but not involved with the same softwares, design technologies, etc. ?

As a student finishing college soon, how would I go about pursuing my dream job as a game developer? Right now I have no experience working with a game company, but I've done numerous side projects on my own.

Thanks!
Q1: Will there be sort button in stash tabs ?

Q2: Will we be able to invite Siosa to our hideout (he's a ghost he might be bound to painting but can we get like a painting that we can place in our hideout that allow Siosa to travel/trade from Library to our hideout ?)

Q3: Is Breach going to be added to core game ?

Q4: Shaper Orb storage other then crafing benches ?!

Q5: More space for misc. currency in currency stash tab ?
Can we have a "last instance visited" countdown on screen, please? I imagine it would be rather simple to implement, so please, do this if you can.
What do you guys plan to do with underpowered uniques in the current state of the game. I'm talking about uniques such as Nuro's Harp and Izaro's Dilemma. These currently have high level requirements, but have such low damage as a trade for little utility compared to other items. I don't even understand the niche purpose of Nuro's Harp. Now of course, Nuro's Harp is a supporter unique, and as such I would imagine you would need to ask the supporter's opinion on the changes. However, for an item like Izaro's Dilemma. You can't freeze yourself. And if you do manage to freeze yourself, you still can't attack. And even if you do manage to freeze yourself AND get an attack in through vengeance or something, you still wont deal as much damage as other alternatives. I really love the interesting capabilities of uniques that allow niche builds to work through cool interactions like the cast on ignite build using Eye of Innocence. I would really love to see these uniques get some love and see the items be buffed. I think for the current state, at least, a level 68 requirement is too high for the power offered by these uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info