How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Started the league with hopes that I would maybe get a character close to what I have on standard with massive trading which is a lowlife srs auramancer of sorts.
After just a little bit over 2 days of played time I got all of the build enablers including a chanced shavs.

Pretty lucky for the amount of time I put into it, can't imagine how it could have turned out better.
Last edited by meluq on Mar 15, 2017, 9:57:51 AM
I finally got the new update installed after some tribulation and was able to start my SSF league. I'm trying a ranger (lightning arrow) for the first time. I've made it halfway through the second difficulty and have only found three uniques. RNG is not being kind to this character. Hopefully once I snag some more levels and can kill a bit easier, things will open up a bit.

I have a few items I like, though they're not great I don't think:

It's been a rough start! Really enjoying it, just need to stick it out a bit longer.
Last edited by frenzul on Mar 15, 2017, 10:34:12 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Deterministic farming has always been there for SSF.

In some cases div cards will be quicker than chancing.

If you reach Scriptorium map, you have far more chance at getting a Shav's from 'The Offering' (and less so 'The Aesthete') than chancing a Shav's. Doing both increases the chance, though.

Taste of Hate is a realistic farm from 'The Hunger' card, not from Phantasmagoria, but from Merciless The Harvest. Which also drops the 1 exalt card and has a real small chance of the two shav cards from her. Again upping the chance with chance orbs, but sapphire flask bases are rare.

In other cases div cards are hardly worth it.

Some uniques are not too rare and are on a common base, while the card for them is not exactly high drop rate and the zone undesirable. One shouldn't be put off by what is a bad deterministic farm via card because the deterministic farm via chancing white bases still exists.

In other cases there is no direct div card.

Just because there is no div card does not mean they are not deterministic farmed. Chance orbs are and always have been the primary SSF deterministic farm. In fact, the method gets better and better as more uniques are added. Why? Because periodically GGG up the chance that a drop rolls as unique, to accommodate the increasing pool of uniques. The more rando, shitty uniques that drop, the more chance orbs SSF players can generate.

Chance orb generation.

Unique, Rare, Magic, White = 5 chance orbs. Use the recipe, dynamically add bases to your filter for which you have a unique drop. Preemptively store rares of common unique bases. Add whatever base you want to chance to your filter.

Thanks for the insights, i honestly didnt know about the chance recipe. I thought i'd have to start spending fuses =P

In general i agree entirely with what you said, my main point is that the droprate for some of the div cards, for build enabling (semi common) uniques are too rare. Chances are you'll drop the unique before you complete the set.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Deterministic farming has never been better for SSF. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, if you think you should have more access to uniques, hit that button that takes you to shopping league.

Heaving way too much fun for that. Even if i cant do my lead sprinkler build right away, i can still work towards it slowly. Meanwhile there are tons of uniques in my stash that constantly inspire me to do something with them. I doubt i'll get bored anytime soon tbh.

What are your thoughts on unique jewels though. I am heaving trouble finding a way to get those that dont involve using twice as much currency, other than brute force farming.
"
meluq wrote:
Started the league with hopes that I would maybe get a character close to what I have on standard with massive trading which is a lowlife srs auramancer of sorts.
After just a little bit over 2 days of played time I got all of the build enablers including a chanced shavs.

Pretty lucky for the amount of time I put into it, can't imagine how it could have turned out better.

Thats a really nice strart, but... not fun left :) As i got Shavs drop in Prophecy league - sold for 7.5exa, get all i need and did 40/40; last league - got Headhunter from Jack in the Box, sold for 75exa, got all i need and had no fun to play just got 36/40...

Now I play ssf HC, got 1 death, lost stuff... and re-rolling, playing slower and just got into maps. But your Shavs chanced is really luck, for new players, even for me, as i'm not even casual, but more dedicated... shavs, headhunter, skyforth... when you got those, fun factor drops a lot :D
Slowly leveling my Gladi 1-hander tank, not reached maps so far.

I wanted to go molten strike because I found a wildfire jewel, but from a warband combined with the ghost prophecy (3 warbands possessed by ghosts, ouch and item explosion) gave this:

So perhaps blade flurry -
a nice leveling sword dropped, too:

It's all before entering a single map.
"
BestiyaLV wrote:

Now I play ssf HC, got 1 death, lost stuff... and re-rolling, playing slower and just got into maps. But your Shavs chanced is really luck, for new players, even for me, as i'm not even casual, but more dedicated... shavs, headhunter, skyforth... when you got those, fun factor drops a lot :D

I really want to try HC but I can't seem to kill malachai without dying. He always gets me at least once. Bums me out.
SC
lvl 77, running t2 maps. Trapper saboteur.

Very unlucky with gear compared to last league (played unofficial ssf).

Can't run breach leaguestones, constantly die to them.

Only one usable unique so far

Pretty much perfect for my build since I run mom but still a pretty weak unique overall.

Very unlucky with grandmasters. No zana yet. Highest level GM is lvl 4.
Pretty good so far. Still leveling, and currently in merciless on my elemental split arrow duelist.. Most of the unique drops have been decent, though not for this character. On the other hand, I was lucky enough to get both of these:

from the same rare monster.
Started mapping with my Jugger today.
Most of Atlas cleared up to tier 6, and I crafted a really nice mace. Together with the 5L I fused, he's steamrolling right now.

Needs a bit more life, though. 4.8k isn't enough... ;)

About 35k DpS, a bit more with 8 EC.
(I'm so happy with this mace, but then again, it has about the same DpS as an Atziri Sceptre) ;)

To do list:
Lion's Roar
Atziri Flask
+1 EC belt
Kaom's Way
Tidebringer Mace
Veruso's Battering Ram
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Not a bad day.

Also found some slick rare rings and goody's with solid rolls but as usual they miss that life roll on them. Still they look nice in my stash. Might exalt some eventually or craft a life roll on to them if possible and my chars can cope with losing 30/40 base life.(mostly jewelry so)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info