How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Been going about 6 days now. Since they announced an extension of legacy, I got bored with the regular league and decided to go SSF.

Pretty fun so far. I have a lvl 85 necro doing T4/T6 stuff. Crafted some mediocre CI gear and just chill farming for now. I have a 5L staff, but rather do a bow setup so kinda waiting for a higher level crude bow to drop. Right now just running a scepter.

SSF is actually pretty fun. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy it.

Current SRS setup:
Spoiler

Cadiro sold me:

Dunno what put in free slot. Any suggestions?
Enfeeble is always a good one for defense
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I want 2 bellies and a cospri's. Fml.

ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE!

Sorry for caps, I'm legit overwhelmed with excitement.

Gratz again! Any build in mind?
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Nice!
"
Oiranoiccid wrote:
"

Second 6 Link.

And I´m currently farming Marshes to get Montreguls Grasp.
I got 7 Zombies right now. Somehow need to get to 8 so that I run around with 4 Big Zombies.
They are Meatshields anyway and i have to resummon them quite a lot.
I wanna to beef them up a little. Bones of Ullr and The Baron would be nice.
I hope on getting those to get more Zombies and just overall more damage.

I farmed the card too, and it took more than I thought, first 2 cards were dropped in 3 hours, then last 2 took 6! hours of farming with legacy stones. I was agonized hahaha.

Yes I have the better roll ^^ Kinda proud of that shield.
For me it took a while to get the 4 Cards too. I´m guessing 20 Marshes Maps, I don´t know exactly.
But the last Map gave me 2 Divination Cards so now I have one extra Death Card.
I got 3 Zombies now, I´m still hoping for Bones of Ullr, a well rolled Undying Flesh Talisman,
and The Baron Helmet. The Zombies are very tanky, and the Corpse Explosions are noticable.
In some cases i get some real juicy explosions that clear whole packs, especially in Breaches.
I currently use Towering Figments as my Spectres. They are even tankier than the Zombies.
Pretty good wall of meatshields that i have now.

edit

YES
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on May 22, 2017, 8:35:23 PM
"
Oiranoiccid wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I want 2 bellies and a cospri's. Fml.

ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE!

Sorry for caps, I'm legit overwhelmed with excitement.

Gratz again! Any build in mind?

Not really sure. I wanted a Cospri's when I was doing BV (on a char I died with near the start of the league), but I found BV a bit annoying. I hear poison dual wield lacerate is a thing, and I enjoyed lacerate the one or two times I used it briefly during leveling, so maybe that. Mainly the plan is to stick to leveling my current character until it dies. What I said a few pages ago about not being able to find good stuff if you're constantly low leveling has turned out to be true, I've found more stuff in the past few days than I did all league until that point.

Speaking of which, I see people linking Mon'tregul's in this thread a lot, is it rare? I found one and all but one div cards for another by accident. I've never played a summoner before but seem to be amassing a lot of summoner related uniques.
Spoiler

I have no idea if any of those things are any good as I don't build necros but I see an obvious synergy between the zombie slam jewels and the mace so maybe I'll look into doing something with it one day.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 22, 2017, 9:59:17 PM
The Zombies can become pretty fucking powerful with Montregul's and The Baron, almost like a six-link in a four-link.

Path of Building says I can have 4 zombies which will deal ~80k damage in a chieftain strength stacking build with exactly 10 minion nodes picked when socketed in the helmet. I'm seriously considering a totem/zombie/stone golem Iron Will chieftain hybrid.

I assume a dedicated summoner necro can easily bring them to over 100k dps in the helmet while using a 6-link spectre or SRS main. That's an impressive meatshield, and the leech will be very noticeable too. You can also turn them into a main DPS source if socketed in Femurs of the Saints. I saw a Baron necromancer with stone golems main, another powerful option.

You can go about it a number of ways, all viable. That makes the helmet so interesting.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 23, 2017, 1:52:23 AM

Ding! Thanks Scumdiro.
Has anyone ever farmed the Polymath Divination Card ?
I´m thinking about ways to achieve the 1K Strength now, that´s needed to get the Zombie leech.

Just dropped Belly, but it´s a shitty roll and only gives me 200 more HP.
Don´t know if it´s worth to invest in that with Divines and then trying to 6 Link, when I´m already wearing another 6Link chest. Probably not. Legacy Voidheart is nice, but I don´t even know what to do with it. Right now I´m in Necro Mode, only Upgrades for my Necromancer are of interest right now.
Violent Dead Jewels, Efficient Training and Astramentis are Upgrades I´m looking for next.
Also trying to get to Pale Council and hope for a Grip of the Council Drop.
Meginords Vise could be a nice placeholder item until I get that.
There is alot of stuff to do, I started late in the league with SSF and probably won´t achieve
everything i want to achieve. But well, for the first time SSF I´m already pretty satisfied with the outcome.

Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on May 23, 2017, 8:11:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info