[3.0 Cheap Terminus Flicker Raider] [Updating] RampageHunter FlickLone build

Thanks for the guide FallenBard! I'm planning on making this as my 2nd character on harbringer to farm maps :)

Do you have a PoB pastebin?

Also what DPS are you expecting to get before you can farm maps efficiently? Thanks!
Busy lvl towards this build. Will it make much of a difference using Curse on hit/Assassin's mark instead of Blasphemy/Assassin's mark?
"
kazafz wrote:
Also what DPS are you expecting to get before you can farm maps efficiently? Thanks!

Depends on what tier map you want to farm. With under an exalt worth of gear, I am breezing through tier 5's and can probably go higher if I didn't get side tracked with other characters. Bosses are tricky/PITA with this build, but just general map clearing is amazing.

To start breezing T1/T2's @ 70, I think you can get away with about 10c worth of gear.. Terminus, 5-link Flicker, Shaper's, SoulThirst, Vector's, and enough resists/life on other gear. Getting Abyssus, 6-link, better accessories, and more levels will push that way up. I also went with the double Inspired Learning variant, so that up's my damage a lot when I chain multiple Rare mobs back to back.

"
KnightLion wrote:
Busy lvl towards this build. Will it make much of a difference using Curse on hit/Assassin's mark instead of Blasphemy/Assassin's mark?

Bad idea imo. Flicker already puts you in melee range to curse everything while attacking. Curse on hit requires attacking with another skills, unless you use it with Flicker which is an even bigger DPS loss. Even if you did it with Herald of Ice or something, stuff would have to die before it cursed from Herald proc, and this build needs crit to keep Frenzy charges up (Terminus).
I saw that I misunderstood the mechanics of curse on hit, I wasn't aware it needed a skill to work my bad.
Added Path of Building raw data paste near passive trees. The abyssus nerf is huge for sure.

"

It's not really about dps. It's mostly survivability. You will have enough dps most of the time. Average ingame tooltip damage for the early game with hatred in hideout is around 8k per flick. For midgame it's 14k. For the late around 22k+.

Edit: Replaced pastebin POB code with the right one, and replaced abyssus there with it's current version.
Last edited by FallenBard on Aug 16, 2017, 5:47:53 PM
"
FallenBard wrote:
Added Path of Building raw data paste near passive trees. The abyssus nerf is huge for sure.

"

It's not really about dps. It's mostly survivability. You will have enough dps most of the time. Average ingame tooltip damage for the early game with hatred is around 8k per flick. For midgame it's 14k. For the late around 25k+.

Thanks for the reply! It's good to have a generic idea to use as reference for me. Cheers :)
Hey, I've been playing this build and having a ton of fun with it so first thanks for the guide. I'm a relative newb and looking for a bit of advice on my gearing. Currently level 77 running maps and not really having problems except with some of the bosses (which is to be expected it seems).

I'm wondering just how significant inspired learning is for me right now? My character sheet for flicker strike only shows 4k dps or so with hatred on but it's also in a 5-link terminus. Inspired learning right now is going for 35+ chaos orbs while I'm sitting on just 22 orbs. I'm debating saving for inspired learning but on the other hand I'm wondering if picking up a tabula for the 6L and then 5L cyclone would be better? My current chest is just a kinda crappy rare with a bunch of evasion and some +life so swapping it out seems like it would be good but the tabula would also take a good chunk out of the orbs I've been saving up for the jewel and I'm wondering where I might see the most benefit.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
"
Hixt63 wrote:
Hey, I've been playing this build and having a ton of fun with it so first thanks for the guide. I'm a relative newb and looking for a bit of advice on my gearing. Currently level 77 running maps and not really having problems except with some of the bosses (which is to be expected it seems).

I'm wondering just how significant inspired learning is for me right now? My character sheet for flicker strike only shows 4k dps or so with hatred on but it's also in a 5-link terminus. Inspired learning right now is going for 35+ chaos orbs while I'm sitting on just 22 orbs. I'm debating saving for inspired learning but on the other hand I'm wondering if picking up a tabula for the 6L and then 5L cyclone would be better? My current chest is just a kinda crappy rare with a bunch of evasion and some +life so swapping it out seems like it would be good but the tabula would also take a good chunk out of the orbs I've been saving up for the jewel and I'm wondering where I might see the most benefit.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

I view Inspired Learning as more of a fun skill than a necessary skill. Some of the mod combinations get crazy fast, especially with double IL, but you have to kill rare packs back to back because each buff only lasts 20 seconds, and if you don't have the clear speed, it won't be as effective. IE: If it takes you 5 seconds to kill a rare pack, you'll only have 1-3 buffs at most and the rest of the time it is not doing anything.

Without knowing the rest of your gear, I would focus on the other stuff. Shaper's, Abyssus, Soulthirst, % gems, leveling up character and gems, accessories, Tabula, etc. That will improve your overall clear speed a lot more and that will help you farm up more chaos to eventually buy IL. There must be some new builds going around using them or price gougers, so the price jumped from the 9-10 chaos I bought them for awhile back to currently 39 chaos. The price will likely drop down as you get your other gear. If you've already invested in the jewel sockets, you can buy somewhat cheap jewels to put in them or refund the passives until you are ready to use IL.
"
Hixt63 wrote:
Hey, I've been playing this build and having a ton of fun with it so first thanks for the guide.

Thanks for apreciation. I'm really happy to hear that. And as for your question. Wow this price escalated quickly. Last league IL was around 3c top, so 35 is totally expansive for a start. Tabula gets priority over everything else. Then goes basic gear like kaom\darkray boots etc, then some basic flasks including atziri and lion roar, and only then IL with this price. So don't rush it, you must be quick already to use it effectively anyway.
Good luck.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
I view Inspired Learning as more of a fun skill than a necessary skill. Some of the mod combinations get crazy fast, especially with double IL, but you have to kill rare packs back to back because each buff only lasts 20 seconds, and if you don't have the clear speed, it won't be as effective. IE: If it takes you 5 seconds to kill a rare pack, you'll only have 1-3 buffs at most and the rest of the time it is not doing anything.

Without knowing the rest of your gear, I would focus on the other stuff. Shaper's, Abyssus, Soulthirst, % gems, leveling up character and gems, accessories, Tabula, etc. That will improve your overall clear speed a lot more and that will help you farm up more chaos to eventually buy IL. There must be some new builds going around using them or price gougers, so the price jumped from the 9-10 chaos I bought them for awhile back to currently 39 chaos. The price will likely drop down as you get your other gear. If you've already invested in the jewel sockets, you can buy somewhat cheap jewels to put in them or refund the passives until you are ready to use IL.

The rest of my gear is fairly underwhelming, I don't know if there's some easy way to share it? I have Darkray Vectors along with Goldrim and The Magnate to get my resists all up to 75, my ring/amulet are just rares I've found that give life and resist as well as some stats to make sure I meet the 200str for magnate and enough int to keep leveling my gems up. Shapers Touch is another item I'm planning to get soon because the cost is so reasonable but my current gloves give me something like 30 cold resist and losing them would drop me to 55 or 60ish percent there which seemed bad in my mind since I'm clearing maps pretty quick right now as is. Based on what you said though I think I'll pick up a Tabula then hunt for a nice rare ring/amulet to offset the resist loss before grabbing Shapers as my next gear upgrades. Thanks again!
Last edited by Hixt63 on Aug 18, 2017, 2:07:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info