[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
You're cool man. Don't want to sound bitchy at you or whatever, but I'm just trying to break it all down factually. Lots of haters out there that don't bother thinking/reading and just see GG gear and go, "Standard! Legacy gear! Build not viable!" lol. I admit I might be a bit quick to tell people like that to fuck off sometimes, but just know that that was also not my intention with trying to keep it factual.

Wish you the best <3

Don't blame ya one bit - I'd be the same way. I actually learned quite a bit from the above post so I very much appreciate the detailed answers.
"
Ahfack wrote:

Re: Jewel/cost. Dude those jewels aren't necessary - I don't even own one. And I haven't updated a lot of this thread yet. BiS isn't even 2.5% regen anymore it's es recovery. Gives me more per second regen. Just doesn't show up on character sheet in game cuz GGG is retarded.

This is the one I bought in standard for 20ex:

I liked the clarity mana cost mod so I paid a bit more. However, all that matters most is the es recovery rate mod. There is one in standard for 8ex right now:

Oh shit! Didn't even know that new mod got introduced until I read your message. Did some checking in PoB and that mod is A LOT stronger than the 2.5% regen one.

Imagine all 3 mods (double discipline and clarity) on 1 jewel......ohhhh goosebumps :-)
For some reason in my head I had Recovery being separate, and non-useful, relative to the regen I was wanting. These last few posts have been super interesting.

So Recovery is just a broader category that includes regen and affects it much like an increased regen specific mod would (making it additive) or is it some kind of separate multiplicative bonus?
Hi !
Great job with this build. Iv'e blasted through all red maps now with ease.

However, I'm starting to get enough currency to buy a descent Watcher's eye.
And are a bit curious what you are writing about the "ES Gain mod" are you referring to + Gain ES on hit ? or are we simply talking about the regen mod ?

I'm asking because I would like to know if it's a great choice to put currency into a eye with Gain ES on hit or not ?

If it's correct that the best mod here is ES on hit:

Does it "feel good" ?
As scorching ray is a channeling spell and RF well technically doesn't "hit" stuff either.

Are this mod procced by both skills ?

Any opinions on this ?

Thanks

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
PeopleReady wrote:
-

Haha man there's been people killing shaper in league with this build for over a year now with super budget gear even before elder shields and es recovery belts/jewels existed.

Did it too, with even more budget gear. My gems were lower when I did it:

I really feeling squishy time to time, but my gear is pretty much shit (to this kind of build, ofc).
Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 14, 2018, 6:42:28 PM
Allow me to ask an "Stupid question" .... or atleast for future reminder, next time i try this build

I need to think of the following?

1. HIGH Purity of Fire + Vitality = Survival "Maintain RF"
2. Aim quickly for MAXIMAL Energy shield for RF=DAMAGE Scale?

Anything else?

For leveling 30+ (early on)
- 2x Kikazaru Topaz Ring "Life Regen/Level"
-----> http://poe.trade/search/okumonamonomit

- 1x Springleaf Plank Kite Shield "3% Life Regen shield"
-----> http://poe.trade/search/hiwonorinosiho

Note: Replace for (65)Rise of the Phoenix, Mosaic Kite Shield
-----> http://poe.trade/search/gahiteyosihudo

#Weapon?
#Chest?
#Belt?
#Boots? - Gloves? - Helmet?
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
Last edited by SevenSinsOfHell on Mar 14, 2018, 7:14:13 PM
"
Darkkaos wrote:

I really feeling squishy time to time, but my gear is pretty much shit (to this kind of build, ofc).

I don't understand where your life regen is coming from in that gear??

I'm almost 65, but have no currency to buy anything required at this point, Act 8 and 9 mobs are nuking me pretty bad, constantly on the brink of death. Still using SR with Channeled Firestorm, no where close to being able to go RF.

Feel like I've hit a brick wall already.

At 65 I can use Phoenix and re-assess, but just switched to Vertex and Sin Trek and need to redo all my resistances again, and then again after act 10.

Thanks.
Last edited by dn604 on Mar 15, 2018, 12:28:13 AM
"
dn604 wrote:
"
Darkkaos wrote:

I don't understand where your life regen is coming from in that gear??

I'm almost 65, but have no currency to buy anything required at this point, Act 8 and 9 mobs are nuking me pretty bad, constantly on the brink of death. Still using SR with Channeled Firestorm, no where close to being able to go RF.

Feel like I've hit a brick wall already.

At 65 I can use Phoenix and re-assess, but just switched to Vertex and Sin Trek and need to redo all my resistances again, and then again after act 10.

Thanks.

Well, it doesn't come from gear, but from the tree and auras. The trick is to counter fire damage with high fire resist and regen.
I lvl'ed since 34 as LLRF, just like the Shinrha's video. IF you follow the skill tree, trying to get the maximum life regen that's possible and using the gear from Shinrha's video, you won't have any problems. And you need to use auras. Vitality, discipline and purity of fire are mandatory, others you can fit as possible (I used purity of elements instead of ice and lightning purities to fit reserved).
When you hit Rise of the Phoenix, it will be time to start switch gears. First of course is the shield, and after that you just need to "test".
My gear atm. Currently trying out Ziz's and Dan's tree, but respecing it back today when some of my stuff sells.
Tried Phoenix, was total ResidentSleeper, really easy, even without flask charges. Only things that did anything were these birds, when 4-5 of them shot you at the same time, then you had to move to kill them. Also finally managed to spawn t15 Elder and finish it.
Will try other Guardians later today. Shaper should be also easy, since it's mostly just dodging mechanics.
Just noticed I got master craft missing from one of my rings. Tried to do some ele dmg shenanigans to proc EE with Shield Charge, but then I noticed I got it on my sceptre :)
I got the ES recharge watcher's and it made me a lot tankier. Bought it for 1.6 ex.
Bestiary league.

Trying to get Purity of Lightning enchant on helm, but haven't been lucky. Did like 25 Uber labs yesterday, was lucky enough to get Purity of Elements enchant, so I can use this. Have 54 mana left and enough regen to spam everything.

Next I would like to get 4 mod jewels, but haven't seen any good ones during last few days. Maybe have to go with 3 mod ones.
Then I'll try to get a better sceptre. Current one is around the same as my maxed AS/CS/~90 ele dmg Doryani's was. Atleast when I checked PoE builder, but I got this one for 10c.
Currently trying to craft a shield too, but haven't hit +2 max fire without rolling some other garbage with it.
I think the best way would be actually to just try to get +2 max fire res and then multimod everything else to it. I saw one guy doing it, so it gave me an idea.
Leveling my own Empower too, should hit level 2 today. Will try to get lvl 21 Purity of Fire too. Will give me more max fire res than 20.

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Mar 15, 2018, 8:33:35 AM
Level 33 right now, trying to level with this using Shinrha's guide but can't seem to get positive regen. Using almost every recommended unique apart from crown of thorns at the moment, I still have about -47 regen.It goes +11 when I use a ruby flask. Any idea how I can get that last bit of regen? If not, I'd like to just level with scorching ray, as that seems easier. Could anyone recommend me a leveling setup for SR?
Last edited by mr_Zarrex on Mar 15, 2018, 9:57:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info