[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Niesyto32 wrote:
"
I need help understand whats going on with my Attempt of making the RF-SR Guardian...
im 73 right now and i cannot maintain the RF...

In the guide it says i should get 1000k+ Life regen, How is that possible when i dont scale more life from Gear but just ES?

Also please explain to me what im doing wrong of what im missing to make it work please?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SevenSinsOfHell/characters

Here is my character-Profile (RF_ZenPark)

Ok, did some math and here it goes:

You have 8% life regen from tree + 0,7% from ascendancy. 1% from ench on boots. 1,2% from Vitality. Combined it's 10,9% regen. I don't know what your life and ES is, so I'll assume 2k each.

Amount of HP you regen is: 9,7*life=218 hp/s

RF hit's your for (0,9*life+0,7*ES)*(1-fire resist)= 3200*0,19=608 hp/s

Since you have no other items to boost regen, you end up with -390 hp/s

How to fix that? No idea, I have problems with this build too... It seems in your case even Ruby Flasks won't help.

My current Life/Mana/Max Energy Shield is...
Life: 1575
Mana: 810
Max ES: 3260
---------------
ES Recharge /sec 1069.3
ES Recharge occu +10%
Energy Shield Regeneration per second 461.5 (every 5sec/for 1 sec = 1439.7)

What am i doing wrong?
please help me here... first time trying this ES-RF and i really want to get it right.
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
"
"
Niesyto32 wrote:
"
I need help understand whats going on with my Attempt of making the RF-SR Guardian...

In the guide it says i should get 1000k+ Life regen, How is that possible when i dont scale more life from Gear but just ES?

Also please explain to me what im doing wrong of what im missing to make it work please?

Ok, did some math and here it goes:

You have 8% life regen from tree + 0,7% from ascendancy. 1% from ench on boots. 1,2% from Vitality. Combined it's 10,9% regen. I don't know what your life and ES is, so I'll assume 2k each.

Amount of HP you regen is: 9,7*life=218 hp/s

RF hit's your for (0,9*life+0,7*ES)*(1-fire resist)= 3200*0,19=608 hp/s

Since you have no other items to boost regen, you end up with -390 hp/s

How to fix that? No idea, I have problems with this build too... It seems in your case even Ruby Flasks won't help.

My current Life/Mana/Max Energy Shield is...
Life: 1575
Mana: 810
Max ES: 3260
---------------
ES Recharge /sec 1069.3
ES Recharge occu +10%
Energy Shield Regeneration per second 461.5 (every 5sec/for 1 sec = 1439.7)

What am i doing wrong?
please help me here... first time trying this ES-RF and i really want to get it right.

Rechrge doesn't count, It only triggers when you weren't damaged for some time, and you are being damaged constantly. Vaal discipline + cast when damage taken can get around that, but you will still burn out of combat
i have a 5 link what are the priority support gems for scorching ray?
"
Anvesi wrote:
"

The answer from what I can see is relatively easy. Your purity of fire is low level. Try buy a lvl 21 one from poe.trade they're pretty cheap because of the bestiary crafting.
Second of all, you havent even picked up the Influence cluster yet on the passive tree? this increases the effect of your aura's by another 20 (!!!) percent. Instead I can see you put 3 points towards 2 jewel sockets (below templar, str socket) and one north of templar (ele dmg socket) Lose those, go for the influence cluster. Also, use a ruby flask!

The above advice is good. If you're not going to use the jewel sockets, the 1 or 2 basic nodes leading up to them are mostly a waste of time when you have other priorities.

On top of this, your Vitality is quite low levelled and you're not using a Stone Golem. That's a big chunk of regen you're missing out on.

Finally your ES pool is low because you're missing ES on a load of your items.
No ES on Boots and one of your Rings. Low ES on Gloves, Helm, Belt, the other Ring and Amulet

If you look at my Bestiary character, I'm 86 and a touch better geared (though only really 1 or 2 ex further along). I have 7000 ES and no trouble with Regen.
Last edited by Olddan on Mar 13, 2018, 10:06:52 AM
this build does not work the way its laid out dont waste ur time
"
patchz1992 wrote:

Well, many ppl used this build as a league starter and were happy farming end-game content. And many ppl gave up :P The choice is yours.
"
patchz1992 wrote:

Just because you couldn't make the build work doesn't mean noone can.

The build is actually very strong as shown by the many people posting in this thread and other people/streamers running LLRF. Get the right gear/passives/gems and the build can easily do all content in the game. It does requires a bit of understanding of the mechanics and is by no means as newbie friendly as many other builds out there. But invest the time and currency and it will pay off.
Last edited by Fritso on Mar 13, 2018, 1:41:38 PM
What's the BiS off-hand for this build? I've seen some suggest Rise of the Phoenix for the max fire res.

Right now I'm using a pretty basic rare ES shield. High flat ES, but not much else to write home about. Is it worth investing in an Elder ES shield with +2% to max Fire res? Or should I simply switch to Rise of the Phoenix?

I'm maintaining RF fairly well in T10/T11 maps. With 10.5k max ES, RF will take me down to roughly 8-9k before the Guardian notable kicks in, and I recharge back to full. I have a 20/20 Purity of Fire, and all relevant aura buffers from the tree (level 95). My Vitality is only level 15, though.

Is there any way to to completely negate the RF self-burn? The only time I seem to completely negate it is when I pop a Ruby Flask. I'd rather not rely on the flask, though, if I don't have to. Should I use a Stone Golem somewhere?

Love how complicated and in-depth this build is. First time playing anything like it.
"
Niesyto32 wrote:

Rechrge doesn't count, It only triggers when you weren't damaged for some time, and you are being damaged constantly. Vaal discipline + cast when damage taken can get around that, but you will still burn out of combat

Fyi vaal discipline does not work w/ cwdt.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Mar 13, 2018, 6:52:44 PM
Which one is more realistic for temp league? Ziz's and Dan's version or this one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info