[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Cheers for clearing this for me !
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
pablobhzx wrote:
Hi Everyone. I'm here asking for help.
I'm following this guide since the league started, and managed to do "something decent" until now...

I can't do maps in a "calm state". My righteous fire will sustain only if its alone (without support gems). And i think my dps is waaaaayyyyy low (not even 5k dps). Thats why it takes me ages to kill anything.

If possible, please, check my char. You did it in the past with another person who posted, and i used your replies a lot in order to find some decent gear (i was analyzing and buying accordingly to what my level allowed).

Also i don't have much currency. RNG doesn't like me and i don't get good items when trying to farm (if i had at least a chaos orb for each map...).

Well, any input is appreciated. Thanks a lot to those who read this.

PS: Using ES build with ROTP shield.

So first thing is first: get rid of generosity immediately. That gem makes all of your auras not effect you, only other party members.

Secondly, why do you have LW in your 5l scorching ray? Get that outta there and put in rapid decay in it's place.

Copy my links on my SeniorStrongThighs character but keep in mind that he is life-based

All of your gear needs replacing, and the previous advice I gave to others can be used for you too. I, personally, would not choose ES unless I had a shavs for low-life. I would do life until I had a shavs (which I'm currently doing)

And how would i switch to the life based version ?
I don't see how can i do that, since all gear i had (now) is ES based. Change skill tree or replace all gear to max life\increased life gear ?

I'll take a look on your char.
Thanks for the help ! You're the best !

edit: changed a few things(gems). But it seems i'll have to change ALL gear. LoL. Time to farm , right ?
Thanks !
Last edited by pablobhzx on Mar 21, 2017, 12:05:49 PM
"
ursulandress wrote:

You're welcome!

"
pablobhzx wrote:

I don't see how can i do that, since all gear i had (now) is ES based. Change skill tree or replace all gear to max life\increased life gear ?

edit: changed a few things(gems). But it seems i'll have to change ALL gear. LoL. Time to farm , right ?
Thanks !

I didn't say switch to life, I just said keep in mind my character in LHC is life based, so don't do exactly what I did (don't take life nodes for example lol). I said I personally would not do lowlife without a shavs because it's way too squishy, but then again I'm in hardcore so that's my mentality.

Your gear choices are up to you, but in order to make this work you are going to need some upgrades soon. All of your stuff should be very easy to upgrade though. Just keep an eye out for stuff that's good enough that isn't too expensive. If you insist on being lowlife/es without a shavs, you need to get a Solaris Lorica or you are going to RIP as soon as you come into contact with any chaos damage. I don't like Solaris Lorica because it has no ES, so you're missing out on the 400~ base es you get from shavs which is huge, but if the rest of your es gear is legit you could pull it off.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 21, 2017, 3:42:20 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
ursulandress wrote:

You're welcome!

"
pablobhzx wrote:

Thanks !

I didn't say switch to life, I just said keep in mind my character in LHC is life based, so don't do exactly what I did (don't take life nodes for example lol). I said I personally would not do lowlife without a shavs because it's way too squishy, but then again I'm in hardcore so that's my mentality.

Your gear choices are up to you, but in order to make this work you are going to need some upgrades soon. All of your stuff should be very easy to upgrade though. Just keep an eye out for stuff that's good enough that isn't too expensive. If you insist on being lowlife/es without a shavs, you need to get a Solaris Lorica or you are going to RIP as soon as you come into contact with any chaos damage. I don't like Solaris Lorica because it has no ES, so you're missing out on the 400~ base es you get from shavs which is huge, but if the rest of your es gear is legit you could pull it off.

Actually I can survive without rf , but the problem you mentioned is already happening : any chaos damage and I have to run as hell because it will kill me lol. It's kinda funny actually because when I see poison or chaos I run as hell hahahahahaha.

Actually I have 1.5hp / 3.6es . I can sustain rf for something like 30 seconds I think . The energy shield thing (you get from ascendancy if I'm not mistaken ) helps a lot hehe.

But what kind of gear should I get ? Life based gear ? I'm currently working on an aura clister then I plan to go into the dot cluster .
All I want is to stay alive while doing maps heh.

Thanks in advance for your attention
If you're low life ES you have to do either solaris or shavs, period. Those are your only two chests you can use at all. ES/lowlife is more expensive, but it is better in every single way than it's life version, and you pay for that. Low life has more dmg output, more EHP pool, tankier, more regen - Lowlife is just superior in every way.

Since you are already geared for it might as well try Solaris chest and get decent ES gear that I've linked earlier in this thread helping others. Adjust the resistances as you need in the search fields to match what you need.

And then just save and chance occultist vestment whites until you get a shavs.
I tend to run uber lab a lot. Not sure why, really, I guess I just like it. This build is pretty amusing on the traps. Without RF running, you can stand on the lava or deliberately run on top of the saw blades back and forth without worrying about dying.

I've hit a point where I'm struggling with DPS a bit in higher level maps, however. Or DPS in a group setting, with 1-2 group members. I'm currently running lowlife with 10.8k ES, and can keep RF running without my ES dropping. My Scorching Ray does 22k DPS tooltip with RF running.

To fix the DPS issue, I'm fairly certain the most important things are to get that empower support leveled and 6L the chest (RNG has been against me in that regard this league). Having never played a spell caster, do you have any advice on how I might be able to boost my DPS in the short run?

Also, when crafting gear, such as those gloves or the helmet, are you generally master-crafting a suffix on, chaos spamming to get the ES rolls, and then using the master craft "prefixes cannot be changed" along with a scour to clear off the suffixes? I've generally not bothered crafting, but am probably going to start it up with this character.

EDIT: My 5L is normally Scorching, Cont. Dest., Ele. Focus, Rapid Decay, and Empower. I swap in IQ with RF on my 5L sometimes if it's an easier map, so ignore that if it's on my character page.
Last edited by Kenakth on Mar 21, 2017, 6:55:15 PM
"
Kenakth wrote:
I tend to run uber lab a lot. Not sure why, really, I guess I just like it. This build is pretty amusing on the traps. Without RF running, you can stand on the lava or deliberately run on top of the saw blades back and forth without worrying about dying.

I've hit a point where I'm struggling with DPS a bit in higher level maps, however. Or DPS in a group setting, with 1-2 group members. I'm currently running lowlife with 10.8k ES, and can keep RF running without my ES dropping. My Scorching Ray does 22k DPS tooltip with RF running.

To fix the DPS issue, I'm fairly certain the most important things are to get that empower support leveled and 6L the chest (RNG has been against me in that regard this league). Having never played a spell caster, do you have any advice on how I might be able to boost my DPS in the short run?

Also, when crafting gear, such as those gloves or the helmet, are you generally master-crafting a suffix on, chaos spamming to get the ES rolls, and then using the master craft "prefixes cannot be changed" along with a scour to clear off the suffixes? I've generally not bothered crafting, but am probably going to start it up with this character.

EDIT: My 5L is normally Scorching, Cont. Dest., Ele. Focus, Rapid Decay, and Empower. I swap in IQ with RF on my 5L sometimes if it's an easier map, so ignore that if it's on my character page.

Looking good so far! Yes that 6th link for iron will is going to be a solid damage boost. You could also get up to 34fire dmg on a ring as a suffix from an essence, as well as getting opal ring bases for up to 59% fire dmg per ring. They don't have to be ilvl 84 or mirror worthy, just good enough.

That one is my favorite mirror ring I made probably :) it's like a baby shield! And you can wear two of them! Haha.. Gives me 1.3k ES 59%fire dmg and tons off mana regen

Also be sure to set EE on your enemies with lw/orb of storms/shield charge with added cold or light dmg to attacks on a ring. -50% res is a huge deal for Ray/rf since we don't pen

As far as gear, I literally just chaos spammed both helm and gloves

A level 21 scorching ray is also awesome
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 21, 2017, 7:32:07 PM
Still rocking my budget life version in LHC. Hit 85 today.

Broke down and got a belly and a new 2c ring (I just needed life/light res). Belly I got for 15c as a 2s, took about 150jew to hit 6s, but only 25ish fus to hit the 5l, so I'm happy. Solid life upgrade! Not sure if I'll try for a 6l since a shavs is the technical endgame, but I enjoy keeping things cheaper in HC in case I rip.

Replaced a couple jewels on tree with life% ones and I think I can hit 6k life by 90 without any more upgrades, and I'd be pretty happy with that until I can get some es gear built up for the transition to lowlife.

Gear ATM, lvl 85 LHC SeniorStrongThighs
Spoiler

Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 22, 2017, 8:49:01 AM
I saw in an earlier post what its takes to sustain righteous fire but I was wondering what level it took you to be able to sustain it in this new league?
"
InsaineMad wrote:
I saw in an earlier post what its takes to sustain righteous fire but I was wondering what level it took you to be able to sustain it in this new league?

When I hit lvl 74, my PoF was Level 16. I put it in a +2 fire gems sceptre and got a Marble Amulet with life on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info