[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Hi im using a very similar build. I started with yalanis lowlife RF and then added the scorching ray. I wonder how much damage does the ray do compared to the damage from RF? But i cannot find a formula to calculate it.

Gear:
Spoiler

tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvA3UGDgceCfYLYQxfDXwOSBEvEVARlhJpFxwXLxhWGyUcpxzcHRQdqiL0Jogn7Sj6KwovbzW5NsU8LUGHQ8hFnUZxSVFJsUuuTlJPBFNSU6VUR1XWVkhXyVugXGtd8l8EZOdmnmh0aPJsC20ZcLtxeXaCe9d8Dn5sf8aApIDggseDX4PMhEiLeow2jHaPGo9Gj_qRK5IrkyeVLpitmuCbMJ2unsShL6UYpr6nCKcrp1WvbLQMtUi3MLcxtz64k76Kw23E9sauyAzK09R812rXz9gk2RPZW9pi4Yji9-ha6QLquutj6-7sGO-I8NX3wfk3-ej60v0A

I also just shieldcharge from pack to pack, the only time i actually use the ray is on guardians and shaper. So im wondering how much it actually adds to the build. Is it more than the RF damage? Similar? Less? How much? Ofcourse the 24 resist reduction is already good, but if that is the biggest bonus, then you dont need a 6 link.

My tooltip damage on ray says about 30k now, and i still have some levels to go (level 21 ray and level 4 empower). So that will be more than 40k. My cast time is 0,46 sec. Do you have some formula to calculate it? Or can you look at my char and say how much it does?

For my RF it is about this: (life + es = 1600)/2 = 8000. Then add the increased damage from gear and tree and gems, together 480% increased, so that is 46400 damage. Then multiply with 1,54 (conc eff), 1,49 (ele focus), 1,4 (ele overload) and 1.3 (delirium gloves). Than RF does about 194 K dps. (and then you have to calculate the boss resist, curse effect, EE)

Can you do a similar calculation for scorching ray?
Nice!! No, I'm sorry I cannot provide you those calculations or a formula. If anyone reading this can, feel free to post!

I want to make a GG pair of the delirium gloves so bad with strength and dex hahaha

These are still really good for 18c in LHC though. Will throw es% on there when I get shavs etc...

To be quite honest, I just wanted to make a GG SR build without CWC that's easy on the eyes, non-laggy, HC viable, and fun to play. The gloves are definitely going to be incorporated into the build, but I'll need the right pair made first
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
O haha, okay, lets see if someone can make the calculations. I hope so.

I think the damage from the ray is quite significant though, if i compare your shaper kill to mine, then you are a lot faster. Your ray does a lot of damage also because of good gear ofc. I miss a lot of increased damage on my jewellery, shield and jewels.
Anyway, its a very nice synergy with ray and RF, they benefit from the same stats and they make each other stronger.
And one more question.
Why do we take specialization Guardian, not Inquisitor?
If this's important, I play in Legacy (not 1 life hardcore)

And if I can take the Inquisitor, then what kind of passivation should I use?
Just got to 70 last night using SR+cwc+firestorm+stuff in tabula. I swapped to presence of chaloopa and shavs 5L at 62. My es pool was smll but I could manage to start using RF. Then I zoomed through to 70 in no time. I have still only done norm/cruel lab.

Awesome build so far, thanks! Now to get merc/uber lab and some more es pool. :)
I'm having a little bit of trouble getting this build going prior to having the currency for full ES stuff. I'm level 70ish and stacking life until I can afford not to. The problem is I'm having a hard time getting my life up over about 3300 (in large part due to Eye of Chayula and RotP) and so I feel very squishy.

I know I could swap the shield for a 'reduced damage from DoT' one, but I don't have Leo leveled yet and nobody is really selling them.

What can I do until I'm able to save up a little more currency to run some mid-tier maps safely?
"
caecusum wrote:
I'm having a little bit of trouble getting this build going prior to having the currency for full ES stuff. I'm level 70ish and stacking life until I can afford not to. The problem is I'm having a hard time getting my life up over about 3300 (in large part due to Eye of Chayula and RotP) and so I feel very squishy.

I know I could swap the shield for a 'reduced damage from DoT' one, but I don't have Leo leveled yet and nobody is really selling them.

What can I do until I'm able to save up a little more currency to run some mid-tier maps safely?

Don't use eye of chayula unless you're es.

4kish life around your level is fine.
"
teebeewhy wrote:
Just got to 70 last night using SR+cwc+firestorm+stuff in tabula. I swapped to presence of chaloopa and shavs 5L at 62. My es pool was smll but I could manage to start using RF. Then I zoomed through to 70 in no time. I have still only done norm/cruel lab.

Awesome build so far, thanks! Now to get merc/uber lab and some more es pool. :)

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. I still need to do merc/uber too
"
And one more question.
Why do we take specialization Guardian, not Inquisitor?
If this's important, I play in Legacy (not 1 life hardcore)

And if I can take the Inquisitor, then what kind of passivation should I use?

I wouldn't recommend inquisitor because we don't hit so we don't crit. Penetration/on hit mechanics are useless for us.

We have the damage already with RF/sr, we need the tank/regen and that's why I pick guardian
"
Ashrog wrote:
O haha, okay, lets see if someone can make the calculations. I hope so.

I think the damage from the ray is quite significant though, if i compare your shaper kill to mine, then you are a lot faster. Your ray does a lot of damage also because of good gear ofc. I miss a lot of increased damage on my jewellery, shield and jewels.
Anyway, its a very nice synergy with ray and RF, they benefit from the same stats and they make each other stronger.

Thanks! Yeah it would be substantially faster now too with the delirium gloves and con effect. I'll do another video after I get decent es ones with dex on them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info