[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
DanielQ wrote:
Hi, what do you think of going claws instead of dagger for more life leech at the expense of 2% base crit chance?

Also, instead of going phase acrobatics, will iron reflexes provide more defense?

Personally daggers are my favorite, I haven't tested claws overly much but some people seem to like them. To me you don't need anymore life + mana sustain and I like my daggers and crit a lot better.

As for phase acrobatics I would not drop it at all, especially for iron reflexes.

"
DanielQ wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
DanielQ wrote:
Hi, what do you think of going claws instead of dagger for more life leech at the expense of 2% base crit chance?

Also, instead of going phase acrobatics, will iron reflexes provide more defense?

Dodge + Evasion is far better imo, since you should really not face tank all that much with this build. I think armor as it is now is lackluster unless you really heavily invest in it. Better to work in arctic armor + basalt flasks if you want that kind of tanking.

Claws work well for ST. I recommend HOWA or similar.

Since I played this using Foils last league, all you do is really just take different weapon nodes. As an example:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQYgBqIHHgguDkgPqxEvEZYUdRa_FyYX3BjbGYoZjhnXH0EhYCP2JIsk_SaVKgsqOCsKLIUuUzBbMHEwfDY9N9Q6Qjy-Ps9AoEHQQzFHfklRSn1LeE2SUUdVS1WFVvpaGl3yX3Bh4mKsZU1noGyMbmlvJ3BSdKB07XTxdct313j5eoR67311ft1_K3_Gg22ExYd2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVLpcGmmqbjZu1naqly60zu-O9Nr3mvqfDOsSizZjQrdNv037UI9RS1fjY1drB3ajjn-dU6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968NX9bv66_94=?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=FrenzyMaya

Thank you for this. I thought iron reflexes will be better as you are wearing a shield but yet taking acrobatics which decreases the value of the shield. I guess you are using the shield purely for the hits can't be evaded attribute.

I want to avoid HoWA since it scales on intelligence, although I have to admit that I did like the gameplay too much that I want to try to retain some of it in here.

Yeah, the lycosidae shield is a great item to make your other gear cheaper since you need no investment in accuracy at all :)

Not sure how cheap it will be come 3.0, since Breeches will be rarer, but for now it is easily accessible (the +1 to gems corruption is pretty good, put your wrath in there with an enlighten and an empower for a good damage boost, even more so with a level 21 wrath).

If you do have lots of accuracy, there are better shields out there that can give you more survivability, or even dual wied some weapons like doryanis for even more elemental damage.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jun 5, 2017, 7:25:11 AM
Thanks for the quick response, I'm starting on this build now :D

Sorry for all the questions (i'm a new player), but the reason why we are going elemental damage is due to the 40% elemental damage increase from avatar of the veil?
Why added lightning damage? As it is a blue gem, I thought it will be better for mages and cold damage being a green gem will be better for the ranger.

Will there be any changes to the passives tree if I go dual wield or would like more life?
Thank you.
"
DanielQ wrote:

Sorry for all the questions (i'm a new player), but the reason why we are going elemental damage is due to the 40% elemental damage increase from avatar of the veil?
Why added lightning damage? As it is a blue gem, I thought it will be better for mages and cold damage being a green gem will be better for the ranger.

Will there be any changes to the passives tree if I go dual wield or would like more life?
Thank you.

Elemental damage stacks with all your gems and the flat dmg on dagger. That's why its a pure ele build and physical doesn't mean anything. Color of the gems don't matter except for the requirement to use them.

You can not go dual wield, or rather it would be a very bad idea to do so. With it you lose all your block chance, and the hits cannot miss from the shield.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
DanielQ wrote:

Thank you.

Elemental damage stacks with all your gems and the flat dmg on dagger. That's why its a pure ele build and physical doesn't mean anything. Color of the gems don't matter except for the requirement to use them.

You can not go dual wield, or rather it would be a very bad idea to do so. With it you lose all your block chance, and the hits cannot miss from the shield.

Thank you for this.. will try it out. So far levelling has been quite difficult but I hope it will get better now that I have gotten GMP.
Ah ok, I think I am beginning to understand why you chose lightning damage. It is the highest damage range in the weapon. Am I correct?

But why herald of ice and not not thunder since you have the lightning penetration gem?
"
DanielQ wrote:
Ah ok, I think I am beginning to understand why you chose lightning damage. It is the highest damage range in the weapon. Am I correct?

But why herald of ice and not not thunder since you have the lightning penetration gem?

I personally use herald of thunder, and it works well. The difference is that herald of ice applies the curse on hit via the ice explosions, but the herald of lightning applies it via lightning strikes around you. The last one is a bit more inconsistent, but it still works and I prefer it myself due to better stacking lightning damage. That is why I sometimes would consider a "drop" is overall dps if only my lightning damage goes up, since with the penetration gems and skills, it matters the most.

If you pick up a few mana reservation nodes and run and enlighten with your wrath and one of the heralds, you can actually squeeze both heralds on a build. But it is questionable if it is worth it, I prefer the better comfort of having a bit more manapool and use the skill points on other nodes since SP is precious. Also this method means you absolutely cannot run an empower on your wrath.

Lightning can also apply shock, which is nice.

Another reason for lightning is that the Wrath aura gives a flat lightning added to your attacks. The ice aura does not, and generally the flame aura is less damage than lightning on that side of the skill tree. (with a low life variation of this build I would totally run flame aura as well).

Generally flame on the left, lightning on the top and cold on the right in the skill tree :) (a broad generalization)
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jun 6, 2017, 9:14:28 AM
"
DanielQ wrote:

AaOzymandias answered this very well in the post above. Also I have it answered in the FAQ in the original post.
Thank you aaOzymandias for the clear explanation!

Sorry goofy, I have read your FAQ but it is not clear from a new player perspective.

In act 3 merciless right now, but struggling to survive - probably cos I can't find a good ele weapon so far.
Hi,

Thanks for the build, my first real go at a life build since i started POE again recently. It is alot of fun, probably most out of all i have played in 2.6, i am struggling a bit with it though to be honest.

Difficult to upgrade my weapon, i am at 81 now and still using sword i found around level 58! Nothing dropped better since and most decent upgrades on poetrade +280 epds to suit are like 1ex or more

Also kinda forced to upgrade now as running out of room on tree before dagger nodes,

I'm at 10k damage at hideout with herald,wrath and golem, which i think is probably low, OP i think said he is 40k? have lots of work on gems still to do though.

Also have not done uber lab and don't yet have avatar of the veil, I think quartz infusion is kinda lack lustre by itself so took rapid assault instead for time being, and quartz flask does same job until i get vinktar anyway

My main issue is bosses, not killing before i run out of pots. And I'm having stupid problem getting right colors on helm and boots

Also orb of storms seems kinda janky for generating power charges, i have 16% chance to crit with it, with 50% chance then of getting power charge. So 8% chance?

I think gear is ok, not terrible? :)

Last edited by Shankhook on Jun 6, 2017, 1:17:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info