[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

Question about flasks, these are my current ones. What do you think about running The Wise Oak? I like the damage increase and it helps a lot when running elemental weakness maps but I'm worried about having a consistent anti-shock for Vinktars. Do you think it's enough to depend on Avatar of the Veil for the elemental status immunity?
"
DoubTees wrote:

Question about flasks, these are my current ones. What do you think about running The Wise Oak? I like the damage increase and it helps a lot when running elemental weakness maps but I'm worried about having a consistent anti-shock for Vinktars. Do you think it's enough to depend on Avatar of the Veil for the elemental status immunity?

Wise oak is a very nice flask, especially if you match your resistances good with it. I would replace atziri's flask with it if anything and keep 2 heal so you still have anti shock one.
I tried this build out briefly, and it was very fun. I think the only shortcoming this build has is the issue of having low life. The problem with evasion is that even if you dodge most attacks, having 152% increased life on the tree means that if you do get hit, you die instantly.

This isn't really the builds fault though. The right side of the tree is decidedly garbage for survivability. I hope that the changes they're making with 3.0 end up with this build being better than it already is.

I have one question, and that is how well do you think this build will perform as a league starter? When I tried it, I blew through the early game content, but I was using twink gear and leveling uniques. There aren't really any reliable vendor recipes for elemental weapons (they depend on flasks) like there are for spell damage and physical, so I'd imagine that your leveling experience would be heavily dependant on your RNG.

At any rate, great build.
Last edited by Gamefreak565 on Jun 2, 2017, 1:50:09 PM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
DoubTees wrote:

Wise oak is a very nice flask, especially if you match your resistances good with it. I would replace atziri's flask with it if anything and keep 2 heal so you still have anti shock one.

Do you think it's necessary to run two life flasks? What about a Basalt flask?
Solid build, basically the same as I ran last league, only difference is I used foils, but I can see hoe daggers also would work.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jun 3, 2017, 8:13:54 PM
"
Gamefreak565 wrote:
I tried this build out briefly, and it was very fun. I think the only shortcoming this build has is the issue of having low life. The problem with evasion is that even if you dodge most attacks, having 152% increased life on the tree means that if you do get hit, you die instantly.

This isn't really the builds fault though. The right side of the tree is decidedly garbage for survivability. I hope that the changes they're making with 3.0 end up with this build being better than it already is.

I have one question, and that is how well do you think this build will perform as a league starter? When I tried it, I blew through the early game content, but I was using twink gear and leveling uniques. There aren't really any reliable vendor recipes for elemental weapons (they depend on flasks) like there are for spell damage and physical, so I'd imagine that your leveling experience would be heavily dependant on your RNG.

At any rate, great build.

It works great as a league starter, used it in legacy as my league starter actually!

"
DoubTees wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
DoubTees wrote:

Do you think it's necessary to run two life flasks? What about a Basalt flask?

All up to personal preference. To me 1 life flask is not enough, especially going through lab, but of course I am always a panic flask popper. If you feel you only need one then go for it but I would not recommend it.

Regarding Flasks, I kinda like the smoke flask, since your hits never misses it gives rather ok defense n a pinch, more so early in a league when currency is tight and access to special flasks restricted.
Hi, what do you think of going claws instead of dagger for more life leech at the expense of 2% base crit chance?

Also, instead of going phase acrobatics, will iron reflexes provide more defense?
"
DanielQ wrote:
Hi, what do you think of going claws instead of dagger for more life leech at the expense of 2% base crit chance?

Also, instead of going phase acrobatics, will iron reflexes provide more defense?

Dodge + Evasion is far better imo, since you should really not face tank all that much with this build. I think armor as it is now is lackluster unless you really heavily invest in it. Better to work in arctic armor + basalt flasks if you want that kind of tanking.

Claws work well for ST. I recommend HOWA or similar.

Since I played this using Foils last league, all you do is really just take different weapon nodes. As an example:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQYgBqIHHgguDkgPqxEvEZYUdRa_FyYX3BjbGYoZjhnXH0EhYCP2JIsk_SaVKgsqOCsKLIUuUzBbMHEwfDY9N9Q6Qjy-Ps9AoEHQQzFHfklRSn1LeE2SUUdVS1WFVvpaGl3yX3Bh4mKsZU1noGyMbmlvJ3BSdKB07XTxdct313j5eoR67311ft1_K3_Gg22ExYd2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVLpcGmmqbjZu1naqly60zu-O9Nr3mvqfDOsSizZjQrdNv037UI9RS1fjY1drB3ajjn-dU6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968NX9bv66_94=?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=FrenzyMaya

Last edited by aaOzymandias on Jun 4, 2017, 7:52:20 PM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
DanielQ wrote:

Dodge + Evasion is far better imo, since you should really not face tank all that much with this build. I think armor as it is now is lackluster unless you really heavily invest in it. Better to work in arctic armor + basalt flasks if you want that kind of tanking.

Claws work well for ST. I recommend HOWA or similar.

Since I played this using Foils last league, all you do is really just take different weapon nodes. As an example:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQYgBqIHHgguDkgPqxEvEZYUdRa_FyYX3BjbGYoZjhnXH0EhYCP2JIsk_SaVKgsqOCsKLIUuUzBbMHEwfDY9N9Q6Qjy-Ps9AoEHQQzFHfklRSn1LeE2SUUdVS1WFVvpaGl3yX3Bh4mKsZU1noGyMbmlvJ3BSdKB07XTxdct313j5eoR67311ft1_K3_Gg22ExYd2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVLpcGmmqbjZu1naqly60zu-O9Nr3mvqfDOsSizZjQrdNv037UI9RS1fjY1drB3ajjn-dU6mLrY-0_7YPuDu968NX9bv66_94=?accountName=aaOzymandias&characterName=FrenzyMaya

Thank you for this. I thought iron reflexes will be better as you are wearing a shield but yet taking acrobatics which decreases the value of the shield. I guess you are using the shield purely for the hits can't be evaded attribute.

I want to avoid HoWA since it scales on intelligence, although I have to admit that I did like the gameplay too much that I want to try to retain some of it in here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info