[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Cozex wrote:

"Revenge of the Hunted" is 4% life per point (AND you get evasion), "Written in Blood" is 3.333% life per point since you don't take "Nightstalker",these points might not be worth it, but "Written in Blood" is definitely alot worse.

There is nothing weird about solid life nodes leading to a 10% life node.

First of all "Written in Blood" is a 8% life node, second of all if you dont pick nightstalker you spend 6 points in total to get "Written in Blood" for total of 20% life

"Revenge of the Hunted" you spend the EXACT same amount of points (6 points) to get 24% life AND 50% increased evasion for free.

the stats are right there, its better, not saying "Revenge of the Hunted" is good
but spending 6 points for 20% life is strictly bad in comparison.

Picked up a pretty good 370eDPS+ (I think?) foil last night for 95 chaos, so just under 2ex. I think the rolls are good?

Daggers are simply not affordable at the moment – I don’t think the DPS gain from daggers/dagger nodes is worth it at the moment, you can get much better foils (360eDPS+ swords cost the same as 230-240eDPS daggers).
High end daggers are like 10-20 exalts. High end swords are like 2-3 exalts.

DPS seems good, clearing T11 strands with multiple sextants/leaguestone mods without issues.

Highly doubt this build will ever be anywhere as strong as HOWA which I ran last league, but it’s definitely strong, viable, and should be plenty good for farming up to T15 maps to build up currency to transition to HoWA if I so choose.

I’m sure this build can handle T16/Shaper as well, but kills will simply be much slower due to max-end DPS just not competing with HoWA. It’s just too OP.

Currently at lvl84 and decent gear, good weapon, I pull something like 30k DPS with flasks/frenzies (no vinktar, just atziri).
I imagine once I 20% my gems, I should be doing 40-45k.

However, at similar levels last league and 2x HoWA with decent gear, I was like 45k in hideout, something like 70-80k with frenzies and over 120-130k with flasks/vinktar etc.

Still, that much DPS is obviously overkill for mapping, and MUCH more expensive. I think I spent 50c on all gear, and 95c on my weapon, so about 3 exalts total.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Has anyone tried a Hyaon's Fury? I'm a little worried about the 21% increase damage taken when on full frenzy charges (always), but it wouldn't take a huge change to the tree and seems like a good option at least on paper, and with it being pure lightning, your lightning pen gem is getting better value. I'm probably missing something as a reason why, I mean I guess that damage could literally roll a 1 (whereas tri-elemental weapons you're at least getting 150+ minimum base roll on damage). Sheet damage alone drops a bit (even using my low end dagger that I levelled with), but factoring in lightning pen and 12% increase lightning damage per frenzy charge (84%).

Also accuracy on the sword means you can ditch the shield and get something with evasion/life/resists

Spoiler

With the sword changes in 2.6, you're losing 26% crit multi and gaining 40% crit chance?

Spoiler
Sword node gives:
+54% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Swords
130% increased Critical Strike Chance with Swords

Dagger gives:
+90% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
60% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers

I don't think it's worth factoring in poison from dagger node, as our physical is too low to matter and unless I'm missing something nothing else is interacting with that?

I only started on Monday and feeling a bit too poor to invest in respecing to check both ways, so would appreciate someone that knows the game better than me having a look at the numbers, or just trying it out I guess, if you're feeling up to it.
I don't understand how do we generate frenzy charges. Could somebody please enlighten me? I'm pretty new to the game.

edit: Nvm it's in the ascendancy tree.
Last edited by kubiqqq on Mar 9, 2017, 11:58:48 AM
As above poster mentioned, not sure if extra investment in daggers really worth it. I'm not only talking about EX costs of dagger>sword. Maybe when prices drop. I believe OP did the math and daggers do more dps... But that's comparing 350/400 edps dagger to swords with attack speed and crit rolls. Sure, the dagger will be better... But one will cost 30ex when the other is like 5-10

Unless I'm missing something, it also takes like 8/9 additional skill points to path over and grab the dagger nodes. The sword nodes are right off the path to acro, costs 5 total. You save those extra 3-4 points and can throw them into 2 more jewel slots or more hp.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 9, 2017, 12:00:25 PM
"
Xanoth wrote:
Has anyone tried a Hyaon's Fury? I'm a little worried about the 21% increase damage taken when on full frenzy charges (always), but it wouldn't take a huge change to the tree and seems like a good option at least on paper, and with it being pure lightning, your lightning pen gem is getting better value. I'm probably missing something as a reason why, I mean I guess that damage could literally roll a 1 (whereas tri-elemental weapons you're at least getting 150+ minimum base roll on damage). Sheet damage alone drops a bit (even using my low end dagger that I levelled with), but factoring in lightning pen and 12% increase lightning damage per frenzy charge (84%).

Also accuracy on the sword means you can ditch the shield and get something with evasion/life/resists

Spoiler

With the sword changes in 2.6, you're losing 26% crit multi and gaining 40% crit chance?

Spoiler
Sword node gives:

Dagger gives:

I don't think it's worth factoring in poison from dagger node, as our physical is too low to matter and unless I'm missing something nothing else is interacting with that?

I only started on Monday and feeling a bit too poor to invest in respecing to check both ways, so would appreciate someone that knows the game better than me having a look at the numbers, or just trying it out I guess, if you're feeling up to it.

First of all about Hyaon's Fury. It's 8 frenzy charges, not 7, so you would take 24% increased damage, not 21. Another thing, look more closely at the hyaon's speed ;) Hyaon's is a shit sword in general, for pretty much any existing viable build, really.

On the topic of daggers vs swords, you all tend to forget the main fact about crit.
Daggers have higher base critchance. The passive critchance increase comes on top of local crit of the dagger, which is increased firstly by both local crit roll and the implicit of the dagger weapon type, therefore the increase from the tree is way higher than it looks. (Same mechanic is applied when calculating attackspeed). So with all the passive nodes, swords do not actually get more critchance in the end result. The only place where swords actually "win" is attackspeed, since the bases of foils have slightly higher basespeed. To be quite honest, I believe even claws would be better than swords currently, since we could not care about leech (currently claws are quite insane on this part, I would say even too OP really), which is few passives invested elsewhere.
Sure, on the budget part, daggers are really more expensive than both other weapon types, but at the same time, better in most aspects. This build can be made on all 3 types, it solely depends on your own personal preference, and that was mentioned like 10+ times in this thread already.

Peace out.
"
d3s0 wrote:
"
Xanoth wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler
Sword node gives:

Dagger gives:

First of all about Hyaon's Fury. It's 8 frenzy charges, not 7, so you would take 24% increased damage, not 21. Another thing, look more closely at the hyaon's speed ;) Hyaon's is a shit sword in general, for pretty much any existing viable build, really.

On the topic of daggers vs swords, you all tend to forget the main fact about crit.
Daggers have higher base critchance. The passive critchance increase comes on top of local crit of the dagger, which is increased firstly by both local crit roll and the implicit of the dagger weapon type, therefore the increase from the tree is way higher than it looks. (Same mechanic is applied when calculating attackspeed). So with all the passive nodes, swords do not actually get more critchance in the end result. The only place where swords actually "win" is attackspeed, since the bases of foils have slightly higher basespeed. To be quite honest, I believe even claws would be better than swords currently, since we could not care about leech (currently claws are quite insane on this part, I would say even too OP really), which is few passives invested elsewhere.
Sure, on the budget part, daggers are really more expensive than both other weapon types, but at the same time, better in most aspects. This build can be made on all 3 types, it solely depends on your own personal preference, and that was mentioned like 10+ times in this thread already.

Peace out.

I don't have Avatar of Slaughter yet, so I've only got 7, I forgot it gave an extra one. Only made the character on Monday, so I'm a little slow on progression. Went Quarts first just because I missed it too much from my HOWA build last league.

Thank you for explaining that, I didn't realise dagger's had a higher base crit, beyond just their implicit property (so 6.3% base instead of 5? and tooltip doesn't include their implicit?).

I guess that makes more sense now. Only started playing last league and so much I don't know that's not exactly unintuitive or easy to even find you didn't know it. Unknown unknowns!

I did end up trying a respec and using Hyaon's Fury, actually gained 1k dps over the dagger I had, and the sword only cost me 1c (for near max roll). doesn't seem to hinder much at my current level and I can just farm a bit like this until I can afford a dagger I guess, or try for a foil and save on respecing anytime soon. I guess I just liked the idea of dropping Lycosidae to get some resists on the shield and open up more options elsewhere.
Last edited by Xanoth on Mar 9, 2017, 1:05:55 PM
Would your gem setup be the same without Vinktars Flask? I'm playing SSF and doubt I will ever come across one.
Dat debat around weapon/nodes.
Keep calme guys :) we just want the best for us, and it could be different for everyone. :D

So : i made a try. Switch my Dagger to a +100edps sword (faster, more damage etc)
I removed all the dagger nodes, take Revenge of the Hunted and Forces of Nature. Droop 25% dps in the end !
Yes, ~25% (from 13K to 10% in HO)

I rebuild, and changed the dagger. Now i'm around 44KFull Charged (don't remember how much in town)
Speed, is a great value, as Crit. Seriously we need all.

I'm more concerned about Written in the Blood too. 4+4+4+8 over 4+4+8 (+8+8+18 Eva) But it's that Dext node on the road, it dump the maths sadly.
We also can go futher after Revenge of the Hunted. But the +10Str are not wasted at all

I'm 87 now, running 8-10 Map so easily, want highter but it dosen't really droop now. 4.6K life if i remember. I feel, a bit more life would be really nice.

Just a question (since Claw come in the talk) what we should take over the Dagger nodes if we pick another weapon? Forces of Nature is obvious as Soul raker (for Clow), but then?
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Ye there is very important if you play SF or HC, because how is it setup in this guide, that's really not for HC as owner wrote.

In SF you are maxing DMG with some defense mechanics which let you alive more of the time, but on HC defense is priority. For example now i am using decoy totem skill which rly helps me. It mostly alive few hits and thats enough for me to do massive dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info