2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

Thing that I don't understand is: GGG claims that the build variations is one of the best things of the game.
BUT melee already was very weak comparing to other builds, and we don't even have to talk about armour + life + regen, against ES + vaal pact. So we keep waiting for some balance, some melee and life improvements, and what we get? Melee and AOE nerf.
That doesn't make sense at all, projectiles and spells have been stronger for a while, so why make melee weaker? Why nerf the most popular melee skill (EQ) since it's still weaker than ranged? I really don't get it...

And nerfing reave, makes no sense at all, BALANCE MEANS MAKING THE WEAKER STRONGER, OR MAKING THE STRONGER WEAKER. If you make the weaker even more weaker, THAT'S CALLED UNBALANCING.

Legacy league = Spells and projectiles league. Kaom's heart 1 fus, 500 dps 2h 1 fus, and wands and 5l ES based 1ex+.

And if you disagree, I dare you to play melee AOE the next week.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Now if you use concentrated effect, you actually don't miss out on much area anymore. Now you should only miss out on 25%. This means if you are willing to invest only enough to offset concentrated effect you can actually benefit under the new system or am I wrong here?

If the concentrated effect gem is getting changed as well, I could be very wrong.

It will be changed to "reduced area" instead of "reduced radius" which means it will lower your AoE less tham before.
But who cares, they just came here to whine because now AoE will cover 3/4 screen instead whole screen :c

How many times are u going to post in the same thread? You are one who is crying. Go away already.
Well, seems my level 90 Starforge Lacerate/Cyclone Slayer is doomed to remain level 90 FOREVER. It was hard enough to find and finish T11-12 Maps already. So these area of effect changes really done it now.

I guess it's just bad luck, but every time I pick one of my old chars up to level him/her to endgame mapping and beyond, he/she gets nerfed by the end of the league.

Last time it was my lvl 84 Lightning Strike Deadeye, using Voltaxic Rift. Well before the 2.4.0 changes I managed to snag a Voltaxic Rift for a relatively low price of 2 ex. I heard poison will be buffed, so I thought I'll give a chance to it. It was awesome. Then they nerfed poison radically, then nerfed Chaos conversion from 100% to 60%.
My Deadeye Ranger is still viable, but now I have to worry about ele reflect too. So it sucks ass.

A while ago I bought an upper-medium roll Starforge for 5ex.

It is used by my before mentioned level 90 Starforge Lacerate/Cyclone Slayer who I levelled up to 90 from level 71. Before I was using Static Strike with him, but that too was changed from what it used to bee, so I moved on to Lacerate for it's survival benefits and picked up cyclone to help grind up the foes decimated by a Vulnerability-Lacerate attack. It works fine and I was just amassing some currency to get the Daresso's Salute amulet to help me increase my DPS to stand a better chance on T11-12 maps.
Also I want to 6L my Starforge or buy a 6L one by selling my current 5L along with some exalts. In that 6L I could incorporate multistrike to give a speed-boost to lacerate. Starforge is a wonderful item. It has a built in AoE support. So I might put lacerate into it later from my 5L chest. It wouldn't be as good as the 20/20 AoE support gem, but still pretty rad. The only bad thing is that Starforge's AoE is not Global, otherwise my Lacerate could ramain useful in it's 5L state in my chest piece.

So bye bye Lacerate, Sunder and Earthquake!
"
ffoD wrote:
I was looking forward to making life builds great, not being forced to stay away from them as GGG obviously hates life and melee.

Fun fact. Life =/= melee. You can make life based charatcer that is not melee user.
"
Scarfa33 wrote:

Legacy league = Spells and projectiles league. Kaom's heart 1 fus, 500 dps 2h 1 fus, and wands and 5l ES based 1ex+.

[Removed by Support] life = melee? You can use Kaoms with bow or even spells + staff.
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Feb 27, 2017, 12:07:19 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"

That's my point about incoming nerf lul

No idea where you got this "what they promised". They promised shit, they just said they will rework AoE.

They claimed it would be a moderate buff as long as you weren't previously massively investing in AoE.

That turned out to be completely false.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Scarfa33 wrote:

[Removed by Support] life = melee? You can use Kaoms with bow or even spells + staff.

Yes, you can. You also can pick reave as your main skill, you can play self found, you can even play self found allowing yourself to only equip uniques. You can do whatever u want. But can you reach endgame that way?

Why would a bow switch evasion (kintsugi, hyrris) for kaoms? And why would a spell caster would switch ES + vaal pact for life and regen? You might get 1 on a hundred who would do that, and 1 in a thousand who would reach endgame that way. That's why prices of melee and life stuff will go down, and spell, ranged and ES stuff will go up. deal with it.

Understand one thing:

ranged / spells > melee
ES > Life
BBVA balance > 2.6 GGG balance

Edit: And if you still disagree, you have a whole league coming to prove me wrong, and rub it on my face ;)
Last edited by Scarfa33 on Feb 27, 2017, 12:40:47 PM
Good GGG:).
PLS Nerf This Path of area skills even more pls!!!!

keep it up!
Nerf discharge shield charge.. and fkng vaal sparkers....
THX!
Favorite hardly viable skill reave, nerfed into the ground. melee aoe nerfed, spell aoe buffed. WTH the one skill that is supposed to get alot of aoe doesn't get anything. 50% x8 400% increased aoe yet it basically makes vaal reave pointless. Concentrated effect becomes unviable and AOE gem becomes a staple making it way less versatile. Great Job GGG was just starting to actually like this game too.
Wow, so glad I spent money before they released this info...

I had actually taken back negative shit I'd said about GGG due to the enormity of the new content, but this AOE change just looks so horrible...It seemed ok at first glance, but this fully released info just looks bad, real bad.

I was really excited about playing melee this league since it was supposed to be getting positive changes, more AOE on Splash etc, but this just looks terrible for most skills.

Why build up a bunch of hype and get people excited for the new, better GGG: now featuring intelligent decisions! Then throw this crap out?

For the record, I hate EQ, I am not a Reave fan, nor did my pet build get broken by this. I just wanted to play some melee and not have it feel terrible compared to spellcasting or bow skills, but the AOE changes shown here make me feel like an idiot for even bothering to try something that GGG doesn't want me to play.

If you want people to not feel obligated to take all the AOE nodes, then just buff the AOE on the skills themselves, and make it so there's diminishing returns if you then stack say more than one AOE cluster along with INC AOE and the skill itself, or something along those lines, but allowing for the same total AOE as before. Rather than what you did, which was just butcher the AOE of a bunch of skills, some of which sucked before, and are total trash now.

Bad balancing is bad, and the people that did it should feel bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info