2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Now if you use concentrated effect, you actually don't miss out on much area anymore. Now you should only miss out on 25%. This means if you are willing to invest only enough to offset concentrated effect you can actually benefit under the new system or am I wrong here?

If the concentrated effect gem is getting changed as well, I could be very wrong.

It will be changed to "reduced area" instead of "reduced radius" which means it will lower your AoE less tham before.
But who cares, they just came here to whine because now AoE will cover 3/4 screen instead whole screen :c
what about cyclone?

That's my point about incoming nerf lul
Last edited by exileseverywhere on Feb 27, 2017, 11:30:23 AM
So the supposed buff to melee splash is more like an adjustment? Why it's even a notable changed if it remains at the same size after the changes?

"
As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills.

I really start to question some of the wording being used across the board.
So glad I didn't pull the trigger on that support pack lol.

GG GGG.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Sweet, great information.

Edit- Soo i fully looked over it now and it seems that there are quite alot of heavy nerfs to area for melee. That really doesnt make sense in the long run especially with Ranged.

Melee splashes "buff" is soo minuscule that it isnt even funny, most people werent running Area of Effect gems either, but people who did now have been massively nerfed.

The one saving grace of some melee skills were their reach, but now it seems melee skills have been hit far harder than spells and ranged skills in terms of the area nerfs.

Soo basically, Ranged/Spell > Melee still, Area of Effect globally nerfed in most cases and melee hit harder than Ranged/Spells in the long run in terms of Area of Effect nerfs.

EDIT 2 - The even bigger question now is, does 15-20% Less Area of Effect modifiers still exist in 2.6 ? They were already huge, i mean HUGE nerfs to melee when it was introduced. If Less Area of Effect still exists its going to make playing melee skills even more miserable because youll need the Area of Effect gem and nodes.

The aim always was,ever since the release of beta that if you wanted AoE,you had to invest in it,especially as melee. Forcing someone to take certain passive clusters to be able to effectively AoE groups down,or force inc aoe support in almost any melee build that aims to go for heavy aoe damage,is the way to go.
The issue was never with AoE for range>melee,the problem's root was always in that melee was too punishing to be played the way it was intended,what this hopefully means is that either in 2.6 or 3.0 HP might receive some significant changes to make it equally viable to current ES meta.
No rest for the wicked.
"

That's my point about incoming nerf lul

No idea where you got this "what they promised". They promised shit, they just said they will rework AoE.
I dont like this at all. I want the super bad melee attacks(everyone but blade flurry, eq and lacerate) to be buffed strongly and not nerfing attacks such as eq and lacerate(who are barely strong enough to take down end game content( shaper + uber atziri) with high end gear. With nerfs to aoe those aoe attacks lose lots of their maping potential while the useless melee attacks STILL wont be able to do anything they didnt allready do.

You can invest and make those attacks perform allright, but you will be much better off playing a projectile/spell character. I was looking forward to making life builds great, not being forced to stay away from them as GGG obviously hates life and melee. This patch just seems so stupid but we will do the best we can do make this work out. I guess theres no need to be super negative and depressed about this untill we start playing the new patch.
Last edited by ffoD on Feb 27, 2017, 12:03:28 PM

What about modifiers that reduced radius of area like Concentrated effect?
As a general direction it's right to make AoE have diminishing returns like most other things in this game. However as mentioned this impacts melee more than ranged and melee is already in a bad state in this game.

"
OSsloth wrote:
Reminder that good goys give GGG AT LEAST 10% of their earnings!
If you don't, you have absolutely NO right to complain about the game or its """problems""".
Freeloaders BTFO !

Are you on drugs ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info