What is a new league like????

Hello,

I'm a very new player to Path of Exile, started 2,5 weeks ago. And what I noticed is, how easy and fast I became a top player....

Within 2 weeks I was able to buy any item with high dps, (current dps is 15k tornado shot ranger) and I can kill anything I like...defence is abit sloppy got instant on every atziri's bosses and Ash splinter boss.....

What my concern is, after this 2 weeks I'm also bored already....the grind to better items is Always the fun part, and cuz of poe.trade and end of league every item is worth close to nothing.....

My question to those veterans out here and the new league around the corner....What can I expect in a new season?

If ill hit merciless in a few days to a week. Will it be soon to get a 6 link 300+ physical dps bow or is that going to be so expensive (to the 1 who finds/makes it) or is that done pretty much instantly after people will get to level 70ish????

Pretty much how long does it for some1 who plays from scratch at new start league b4 ull be able to do tier 11 maps and higher?
Last edited by Cheydinhal on Feb 25, 2017, 4:47:31 AM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 8:56:46 AM
No, you are not "top player". You are not even "viable build" most of ppl would say because you die on Atziri bosses (and viable builds are those that can kill Shaper deathless, everyone knows that)
"
Hello,

I'm a very new player to Path of Exile, started 2,5 weeks ago. And what I noticed is, how easy and fast I became a top player....

Within 2 weeks I was able to buy any item with high dps, (current dps is 15k tornado shot ranger) and I can kill anything I like...defence is abit sloppy got instant on every atziri's bosses and Ash splinter boss.....

What my concern is, after this 2 weeks I'm also bored already....the grind to better items is Always the fun part, and cuz of poe.trade and end of league every item is worth close to nothing.....

My question to those veterans out here and the new league around the corner....What can I expect in a new season?

If ill hit merciless in a few days to a week. Will it be soon to get a 6 link 300+ physical dps bow or is that going to be so expensive (to the 1 who finds/makes it) or is that done pretty much instantly after people will get to level 70ish????

Pretty much how long does it for some1 who plays from scratch at new start league b4 ull be able to do tier 11 maps and higher?

omg you're so cuute
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Hello,

"
Cheydinhal wrote:
after this 2 weeks I'm also bored already

This may not be the game for you

edit - joined in 2011 and you just started?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Feb 25, 2017, 8:00:24 AM
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Hello,

Ok guys, don't be too mean with him. He is a new player (joined in 2011?), and at least he enjoys the play. First than all, i want to enlight you a bit: You are far from being a top player. Even myself, that i can do Guardians and Shaper with my last build, i don't think i am top. Why? because i am not an "efficient" player, i am slow at getting geared and finishing a build, and i don't play HC. I also have never win anything in a race (my PC is not that good for map loading).

A top player is the one that can do all the above efficiently (example, those guys that rush hard early league and suddenly, they do all kind of services, uber and normal atziri, shaper, guardians, breachlords, uber lab, etc) or that can play without doing that, but being quite fast and good at doing the same by himself.

If you want to be a better player, learn from them and try to follow builds from the forum at the beggining.
Last edited by Hughs on Feb 25, 2017, 8:01:31 AM
I didn't realize this was a pile.

Some advice to the OP: Play up a few different builds. Some are easy. Some are more challenging. Some require action by the player, and some are more passive.

A new league, in theory, puts all players at an equal starting point. That's pretty important to people who want to brag about being "better". For the first week or so, you'll find that you can't trade for what ever item you might wish to have. People like that feeling... playing under restrictions while trying to work with what they have. It's a new economy to master.

Others like to start a new league simply for the new mechanics introduced.
holy cow....from all i said you only read that i said im a top player...and didnt read anything further and just started saying im a noob....

I play 2.5 weeks and I'm able to buy the top 15 highest dps 6 links on poe.trade....
I'm able to do tier 15 without dying and doing it fast

What more is there to say......sure the high end bosses which drop u less loot than tier 15 is hard for me....

what i said is within 2.5 week (at the end of a league) u can buy anything and do anything...

How is this on the early season?

ps: if your gonna say my gear sucks....show me 1 profile with a tornado shot ranger that has something I dont have...
And dont show me the reach of the council bow becuz its 1% better than my bow is with the cost of 10 exalts meaning not worth it if your new...but still able to handle tier 15

And whats up with the joined in 2011?

I downloaded the game in 2011, and it was a total thrash game...and recenctly found out it has much improvements since then...

And how much dps does your tornado shot skill show you do??? mine does 15k, if yours is higher, link me ur profile and tell me what actually triggers a higher 1....
Last edited by Cheydinhal on Feb 25, 2017, 8:42:20 AM
Well... now you're just trying to provoke people. That's cool. Have at it.

Just don't walk into a bar with this attitude and start up on the locals there.
Starting late in a league and getting decent gear within two weeks is like saying you got to the grocery store and bought 2 loaves of bread for the price of one cause they had a sale.

Since your toon's gear can not be wiewed it's kinda pointless arguing your gear is bis.

In a fresh league 6ls are worth alot since everybody wants one for their build (be it a weapon or a chest).

Your best bet is to buy a decent rolled item and 6s/l it yourself or wait and buy a 6l assuming you will have had farmed the needed currency.

Keep in mind that everyone will eventually be looking to buy gear so aside from your weapon/chest jewelery will be the most expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info