Can somebody make a transcript of Chris Interview? Cant Stand ZiggyD

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
dude grow up

Which is why I don't want to give power to a streamer that I consider his content childish, immature and generally boring because of trying too hard to be funny
Not to mention the lack of objectivity toward GGGs work

Props to him, This shoeshinning brought him to be GGGs streamer but doesn't changer all I previously said

Stole
My
Exact
Words!
No Problem,
Exile
"
innervation wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
ZiggyD offers constructive criticism without alienating the developers

Maybe I don't listen to enough Ziggy, but I've never heard him say anything that could be construed as criticism, let alone a constructive kind. That doesn't mean I'm on the misanthrope's side. I would take the same path as ZiggyD were I in his shoes.

trust me when he doesnt like something about the game he doesnt shy away from saying it.

Random example when premium tabs became sales tabs he took the stance that it violated the no pay to win model, that now new players and someone who had not paid was essentially not getting the trading system. He thoroughly ranted about it at length on a number of occasions that I witnessed and Im fairly sure he bashed one of the devs over the head with it in an interview.

I wasnt even with him on that one, I think the tabs are fine. Its one example out of numerous times Ive seen him criticise aspects of the game and directions the devs have taken. But all in all hes just generally a very positive, accepting sort of person who doesnt cling on to negative things. I think in life he generally tries to see the good in things and get along, his opinion isnt for hire, hes not sticking up a front because it makes business sense, hes being honest but he just happens to be a genuinely nice, positive guy. I know its a rare thing now days, youd be forgiven for thinking that its impossible that anyone really lives up to that description.

I know he can come off a bit cringy at times, hes the sort of dude your granny would like to have a cup of tea with. As much as hes nothing like me or anyone in my circle of friends, I have a lot of respect for him having the confidence just to be himself and go with it. I dont think GGG want a yes man, I dont think theyve got one. I may be steeped in darkness to the core of my being but even someone as old and jaded as myself finds a bit of faith in humanity in ziggy d.

Maybe its because Im a bit older, I think some of the people that hate on him are just venting their own insecurity, like a 14 year old who only listens to death metal man and hates bullshit commercial pop music and lame old peoples music... yeah get back to me when your in your 30s, we can have a conversation about your favourite abba track and how great those van morrison albums your mum used to play are, when youre old enough to have the strength of character to open yourself to such things. Thats not at all aimed at yourself innervation btw, feel the need to point that out as this is coming off a reply here, just talking more generally about the hate squads you tend to find for, well, just about anyone whos even vaguely someone in this world. Its easy to be a hater and define yourself through what you dont like, who you dont like, its easy to use that as a defense mechanism.
"
ladish wrote:
ZiggyD offers constructive criticism without alienating the developers or his viewers and has put himself in a position where he is a very important a go-between for GGG and viewers. Having gotten into that position he now can ask questions and offer suggestions that actually challenge GGG's design/balance decisions and thought processes. Certainly (imo) he is preferable to a misanthrope with a penchant for convoluted balance change suggestions and straw polls that direct you to prechosen opinions.

Would upboat.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont want to give him views and pretty much all information that GGG gives us is gated behind Giving this streamer that i find boring and unentertaining more views

this would be much appreciated, from the comments i saw, this looks promissing, im looking forward to learn more

I dont hate the information we get, im pretty thankful to GGG but, having it delivered by who you know and him being pushed down our throat by GGG feels like Drinking your favorite flavour of KoolAid from a toilet

Spoiler

I think this is a good show of what kind of person you are. You don't have to love him to watch him. I mean, really, I can't quite think of anyone (or anything) that I couldn't watch because I can't stand it.

Grow up.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 21, 2017, 7:27:35 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Maybe its because Im a bit older, I think some of the people that hate on him are just venting their own insecurity, like a 14 year old who only listens to death metal man and hates bullshit commercial pop music and lame old peoples music... yeah get back to me when your in your 30s

That was so mature. TBH I don't remember you acting so awkward. Whatever.

Speaking of me, I dislike the hobbit simply because he's an asslicking clown. I mean, because of his nature and personal presence. Like, personal anticipation.
Not because of his "professional activities", as I don't respect any other streamer, nor their "work". For me they are all jobless people playing computer games for a living, the whores of the gaming industry.

Now, do I have the right to express my own opinion, the way it is, and being older than you - does it mean it's the indisputable supreme truth.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
nerve touched
Is this kind of like having a decent game like PoE made unpalatable because of the addition of labyrinth/trials?

Unlike most of you he is making money ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Maybe its because Im a bit older, I think some of the people that hate on him are just venting their own insecurity, like a 14 year old who only listens to death metal man and hates bullshit commercial pop music and lame old peoples music... yeah get back to me when your in your 30s

I'm about to hit 30s, I like death metal, hate bullshit commercial pop music. You sure you are not venting your own insecurities now? :P Because quite frankly I find it quite ironic that you bash him for hating stuff while you seem to do the same. Lol. :P

And the never dying they are just jobless slaves argument. Ah!
Tell me all about you being able to not work and be free like a wind!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 21, 2017, 7:43:29 AM
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
dude grow up

childish, immature and generally boring

Enough about your posts, what do you think of ZiggyD ?
lol you are such a good humorist !

What people don't seem to get is that I don't hate the person

I just never liked the streamer and by that I mean what he does on stream, how he does it and especially his opinions on the game or lack there of . GGG making him their official streamer and gating information in his video really did not help to just "if you don't like it don't watch it"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info