ggg
Last edited by EricRoachTS on Apr 23, 2015, 5:01:36 PM
"
EricRoachTS wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:

I have been using multistrike with LS+GMP and it was a really nice way to farm end game with a semi-mellee.

From these 2 quotes, and no GGG response/changes on this skill since December 10th 2012, I can believe that multistrike does not nerf the dmg from projectiles. Because it causes the skill to do 40% less Melee Damage.

Can anyone verify this, or come with a way to check it? I could download Fraps and playback etc etc.
Correct, the damage penalty on Multistrike does not apply to the projectiles.
This is an oversight that will be fixed in 0.10.7

Wow, finally another viable build, yep, let's nerf it. How Blizzard of you.

This^
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

You guys really need to reconsider this.

Before LS+Multistrike, LS builds were just bad in the endgame. They were worse than FP and EK by a large margin, worse than LA of course. Worse than ground slam, and elemental cleave. Probably worse than leap slam too. That doesn't leave much, you know.

Players should be rewarded for finding a way to make use of skill gems and support gem combinations to make a skill powerful, not punished for it by having their build nerfed back into uselessness, unless you truly want players to be pigeonholed into one of 4-6 cookie cutter skill trees.
"
EricRoachTS wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:

I have been using multistrike with LS+GMP and it was a really nice way to farm end game with a semi-mellee.

From these 2 quotes, and no GGG response/changes on this skill since December 10th 2012, I can believe that multistrike does not nerf the dmg from projectiles. Because it causes the skill to do 40% less Melee Damage.

Can anyone verify this, or come with a way to check it? I could download Fraps and playback etc etc.

Wow, finally another viable build, yep, let's nerf it. How Blizzard of you.

Pretty disappointed that I made a new character and got it to 5x only to have it get shit on a week later >.> I never played melee in any other games, but the skill gems for melee in this game and the way the game is set up made me want to play melee... and now... I guess it's time to go back to playing Freezing Pulse or EK.. like every other person that is wanting to progress through maps.

I'm pretty disappointed at how little Melee has changed since Closed Beta... In all honesty, they should just remove all melee skills/passives from the game and make it an all ranged game. I believe this would clear up most problems that people are complaining about..

Desync? Most people whom die of Desync are people that are in melee range.

Damage mitigation? Most people in melee range get hit more than ranged people.

Range vs Melee balancing issues? Without melee there's nothing to compare it to.. so removing it would make it completely viable.

As sarcastic as that seems... I'm being pretty honest. Allllll games of this genre have the problem with Melee and the way the game cooperates with it... (as in Melee is always broken and useless)

And before I get people complaining about how there's legit builds out there that people have made... those builds consist of amazing gear and high skill(I'm not saying this game should be mind numbingly easy) :|

TL;DR Well... Don't read it lol :P
IGN: SC - Vellkous
Velkause
I like that people are crying bloody murder about the LS changes, claiming that GGG have straight away nerfed melee viability, when in all reality if you were using LS for the projectiles it was in no way, shape or form a melee build.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
I like that people are crying bloody murder about the LS changes, claiming that GGG have straight away nerfed melee viability, when in all reality if you were using LS for the projectiles it was in no way, shape or form a melee build.

It's not that they nerfed Lightning strike... or are 'nerfing' it... It's that there's nothing really viable to use with any of the buffs/gems they implemented other than Lightning Strike, Infernal Blow, and Cleave... When you remove the viability of LS, that leaves 2 skills. When you look at the ranged classes and how many different skills they acquire and all the support gems they get, it's a bit discouraging. :P
Velkause
"
Tyronis3 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Baristo wrote:

Because Melee really needs to be nerfed more?

I don't know why I even try to avoid running Chain Lightning Arrow anymore, it's obviously the only viable build in this game.

EK Marauder is bad too, amirite?
Once again, a melee based character using a cheese ranged skill/build :P
Velkause
"
nightguy1 wrote:
Once again, a melee based character using a cheese ranged skill/build :P

Which should tell you something about the state of melee in this game.
IGN:
@Antilogy
People that are saying lightning arrow is the only viable build have clearly not been past level 50. I have seen tons and tons of builds that thrive in end game maps. I'm a level 88 elemental cleaver and it is not only more fun than lightning arrow but I have more damage than any lightning arrow user I have ever talked to.
IGN: GirlThrowingAxes, TheReavingBeaver, xXBlazeItFgtsXx
Trade thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197474/page/1
MESSAGE ME IF I WON AN AUCTION

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info