Lightning Strike

"
D_molisher wrote:
Why doesnt this skill say:
Cannot be used with wands ???

I was so happy getting this one one my dual wander witch.
Well until i equiped it and found out doesnt work with wands.

It says "Infuses your melee weapon with electrical energies as you swing", pretty much eliminates pew pew from wand.
What exactly does "-50% LESS PROJECTILE DAMAGE" mean?

Is that actually "50% less," or literally "-50% less", which is really 50% more?

I suppose I know the answer, but I'm pointing out the double negative, which is confusing. None of the other skills with penalties are labelled this way.
"
Cristo9FP wrote:
What exactly does "-50% LESS PROJECTILE DAMAGE" mean?

Is that actually "50% less," or literally "-50% less", which is really 50% more?

I suppose I know the answer, but I'm pointing out the double negative, which is confusing. None of the other skills with penalties are labelled this way.
Stat description corrected. Thanks!
I haven't tried it yet, but from the look of it, would it be easier to use if there was only one projectile that goes straight forward ? Then you could still add projectile if you want to.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:
I haven't tried it yet, but from the look of it, would it be easier to use if there was only one projectile that goes straight forward ? Then you could still add projectile if you want to.

or just add mp and see what happens :)
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
"
ortish wrote:
"
zriL wrote:

This is what I meant by "add projectile if you want to"
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Im interested in how the damage from the lightning projectiles are affected. It says 50% less projectile damage, so does that mean anything that effects the melee portion will also effect the projectile portion, but with 50% less efficiency?

So if I added increased physical elemental damage, or increased weapon damage, the projectiles will also be increased?

Thanks, and I'm really enjoying the skill so far.
"
zriL wrote:
"
ortish wrote:
"
zriL wrote:

This is what I meant by "add projectile if you want to"

i like it better the way it is. i have no problems with how it is currently. well... except maybe change the skill into a dex based skill. it works really well with daggers (when you crit anything the projectiles touch dies) and claws early game (life on hit works with the projectiles).

i think this skill works really well with daggers and claws which don't really have a aoe skill yet. and it helped a ton for my dagger ranger to level... im even able to do a bit of chaos... but i need a couple more levels and more hp to do it effectively. but my damage is on par.

reason i want multiple beams still is because then i cant have 6 beams with mp. which was really effective against a alot of weak white mobs. i mean i have two of the skills in my gear: one for a more single target skill and the other for clearing multiple mobs.
"
Kendroxide wrote:
Im interested in how the damage from the lightning projectiles are affected. It says 50% less projectile damage, so does that mean anything that effects the melee portion will also effect the projectile portion, but with 50% less efficiency?

So if I added increased physical elemental damage, or increased weapon damage, the projectiles will also be increased?

Thanks, and I'm really enjoying the skill so far.

From what I understand from this thread, the initial hit is supposed to be doing full weapon damage, but currently isn't. The projectiles are supposed to do 50% of the initial hit each, I think, which is comprised of both physical damage (unless you have AoF) and lightning damage. So, increasing weapon elemental, elemental, or lightning damage should only increase the lightning half, whereas physical damage probably increases both (but is also not as easy to get in large amounts).
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:

From what I understand from this thread, the initial hit is supposed to be doing full weapon damage, but currently isn't.
It is dealing the full damage, it's just not displaying correctly in the character screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info