[resolved] Lightning Strike projectile damage penalty applies to the melee damage

At skill level 1, the projectile damage penalty is 50%, and according to the character window my total weapon damage seems to be 50% of my normal attack damage. LCS aside, in practice the initial hit does seem to be doing much less damage than a normal attack. I hope this isn't intended.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
EDIT: Okay, this is fixed now for the next patch. It was being given a stat which marked the attack as a projectile, which it's not supposed to have. The damage was working correctly, but the display was including the projectile penalty.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 8, 2012, 7:50:59 PM
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
At skill level 1, the projectile damage penalty is 50%, and according to the character window my total weapon damage seems to be 50% of my normal attack damage. LCS aside, in practice the initial hit does seem to be doing much less damage than a normal attack. I hope this isn't intended.

The damage is working correctly, but it seems the stat description is incorrect! I'll see if this is something we can change.
Balance & Design
Any possible fix to the damage calculation of dual wield-enabled skills? This went out pretty fast but the damage calculations for skills like cleave and dual strike still seem way off.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
"
Karakkonor wrote:
Any possible fix to the damage calculation of dual wield-enabled skills? This went out pretty fast but the damage calculations for skills like cleave and dual strike still seem way off.
That's a completely separate issue which should go in it's own thread, and is also significantly more complicated than having a stat in the wrong place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info