Lightning Strike

This might have been said already, but a +# to melee strike range stat addition, like the one on Frost Blades, would do so much for this skill's QoL.
Lightning Strike has been out for YEARS. PLease Make a MTX for it and I will BUY IT. Skill is decent but would be much nicer if it could pass through light walls. Thank you for your consideration. Please allow me to give you some more $.
Seconding the MTX request. Any moderate amount of attack speed causes this skill to literally hurt my eyes. Was having fun with it as the reworked deadeye + hydrosphere, such a shame.
Last edited by Deadseeds on Feb 16, 2021, 10:36:00 PM
old: (long)
Spoiler
hello GGG and everyone else,

In my proposal to change the skill, I gonna have to suggest some changes.

general feedback:
on paper, "lightning strike" is good, has high damage and a lot of projectiles, which doesn't make it look bad.

In practice, lightning strike feels bad to play bc the projectiles are ground-bound which let them hit things they shouldn't hit.

They hit the same target multiple times and not dealing multishot damage, neither splash damage wasting the high amount on projectiles a lot of times,
which makes it pretty hard to play with it.

I would love to suggest that "lightning strike" projectiles are not ground-bound, and may be dealing splash damage (the melee hit or projectiles or both).
this is for the skill itself.

feedback visuals:
short, It hurts my eyes.

high flashing lights with no big purpose.
the big thunder that comes down from above on each strike has nothing to do with the skill (it doesn't even call thunder strike).

it makes it the most times really eye straying to play with it, the bright blue colours don't help either in the dark world of "Wraeclast".

I would love to see darker lightning projectiles, maybe not so oval, thinner and faster flying (for that it is lightning fast).
For the big thunder on each attack, no visual effect at all, or give it at least some purpose to exist, please. :(

This for purely a suggestion and not by any means something mean, I just love to have a better POE, for the greater good. :)

kind regards
JeckNoTree

new: (short)

hello GGG,

feedback visuals:
eye-bleeding too bright blue/white flashes on the screen, thunder on hit has no purpose.

feedback damage:
good, but ground projectiles bad.

change suggestion visuals:
removing those bright lights would be nice and giving the thunder a purpose or remove.

change suggestion damage.
no ground projectiles and faster flying projectiles.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Last edited by JeckNoTree on Apr 26, 2021, 6:33:26 PM
New version looks terrible not sure why it was even changed
Playing LS for the first time in the Scourge league.

It's extremely annoying that LS does not hit targets that are on higher or lower ground. Imho, it should work a bit like Arc that just hits targets that are reachable by the skill.

The same goes for obstacles. If 2 mobs are just standing behind some kind of rock I'm just hitting them for a while before realizing that I have to move around the obstacle to hit the 2 mobs. Scourge has a lot of obstacles so it's often frustrating that you cannot hit mobs easily and before you can kill a couple of packs the timer is up.

LS has many good things as a skill but it can be so frustrating from time to time.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
For me the new visual looks terrible, it look weak and slow. I really like the old version, it feel powerful, fast and glorious.
Can we have the old look back in some sort of mtx, maybe with new colour like black red yes?
make it hit through wall just like other projectiles skill .
you know what the best threat in game ? not maven not guardian not sirius .
It's the damn obstacles in game !!!!!

they eating all my LS strike and stay immortal !!!

New visuals look terrible as per usual with visual skill reworks
I affiliate with the feedback in this thread. Lightning Strike's inability to travel across ledges, edges, trees, rocks, rivers and whatever really is a problem. I understand that, thematically it isn't a flying projectile but rather a eletric impulse that travels on the ground. That doesn't explain why it can't travel down puny ledges though. Especially considering other enviromental terrain skills like Sunder can.

A map like Vaal Temple is really annoying to play with LS, like the frustrating kind of way and not the "oh I wish I would have picked the Sniper Rifle instead of the Assault Rifle this mission - whatever" kind of way.

I know this has been discussed for years and nothing has changed, so nothing will change in the future but I just wanted to add my two cents here.
Last edited by PilotLanguste on Mar 19, 2022, 2:13:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info