[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
Malbec wrote:
I died at lvl 68 because i removed a 40% lightning res ring and forgot to put it back, now i'm going to try this build again but i was wondering if i can do this build with a trickster instead? what are the pros/cons if yes?

Hi Malbec,

Unfortunately I have not played a Trickster myself with Essence Drain so I cannot give a very detailed answer.
I would consider Trickster to be the only valid alternative to Occultist.
I have thought a few times about making one for this build, but I constantly find myself deciding it's simply not better.
If you prefer the defenses and utility that you gain from Trickster, by all means make one.
I personally find it lackluster in my comparisons.
I know from friends that have made Trickster ED to try something different, they have not preferred it to Occultist.
Again this is simply my opinion and I think it is mostly preference in playstyle, but I do not find Trickster at all more appealing than Occultist.
I would argue that it is honestly just a worse ascendancy to choose overall.
"
Ramona wrote:
"
Malbec wrote:
I died at lvl 68 because i removed a 40% lightning res ring and forgot to put it back, now i'm going to try this build again but i was wondering if i can do this build with a trickster instead? what are the pros/cons if yes?

Hi Malbec,

Unfortunately I have not played a Trickster myself with Essence Drain so I cannot give a very detailed answer.
I would consider Trickster to be the only valid alternative to Occultist.
I have thought a few times about making one for this build, but I constantly find myself deciding it's simply not better.
If you prefer the defenses and utility that you gain from Trickster, by all means make one.
I personally find it lackluster in my comparisons.
I know from friends that have made Trickster ED to try something different, they have not preferred it to Occultist.
Again this is simply my opinion and I think it is mostly preference in playstyle, but I do not find Trickster at all more appealing than Occultist.
I would argue that it is honestly just a worse ascendancy to choose overall.

Fair enough! Going Occultist then.

Thanks for the reply. <3
What do you think of the "Ascent from Flesh Chain Belt"?

It has nice ES, some Resists, is very cheap and provides phasing on ES recharge.

That should work well with "Voidwalker Boots", you dont need a kill first to get your 100% pierce. On top of that it has some extra dodge, movement speed and evasion as a nice bonus.

I would post a link to the item but i have no idea how to do that. :)

"
Xirce wrote:

It has nice ES, some Resists, is very cheap and provides phasing on ES recharge.

That should work well with "Voidwalker Boots", you dont need a kill first to get your 100% pierce. On top of that it has some extra dodge, movement speed and evasion as a nice bonus.

Hi Xirce,

It is definitely a very nice belt.
I have not experimented much myself but it is a very nice option.
I would probably find it hard to use that belt in terms of resistances.
It also does have less potential ES over a crystal belt.
I would say it is a very nice belt to use as long as you can fit it.
"
Xirce wrote:

great item, I worn it until level 93 when I switched to my self-crafted Crystal belt!
if you can find one with pretty decent/high rolls, you can have a 90+ ES, +14% to all resistances, a lot of evasion, phasing, for a few chaos orbs.
the problem is that the softcore market sucks, and it's not easy to find a cheap chain belt until you can find a good crystal, and a good crystal belt is around 30-40 chaos, a few people is selling those belts white to craft and they're not cheap anyway.
I just used the ascent from flesh until I dropped a crystal belt and crafted it myself, imho is a good option until the definitive belt. :)
Last edited by Giammafix on Apr 5, 2017, 11:58:21 AM
"
Giammafix wrote:

great item, I worn it until level 93 when I switched to my self-crafted Crystal belt!
if you can find one with pretty decent/high rolls, you can have a 90+ ES, +14% to all resistances, a lot of evasion, phasing, for a few chaos orbs.
the problem is that the softcore market sucks, and it's not easy to find a cheap chain belt until you can find a good crystal, and a good crystal belt is around 30-40 chaos, a few people is selling those belts white to craft and they're not cheap anyway.
I just used the ascent from flesh until I dropped a crystal belt and crafted it myself, imho is a good option until the definitive belt. :)

Pls tell me trick of how to do an item link. :)

I think the reason why you prefer a Crystal belt over this one is the better ES and especially the better resists it can provide.

Since this build is really in need of Resists (and Str) all the high level gear gets pretty expensive.
This is the reason why another good belt like the "Auxium Crystal Belt" isnt the best option either.

It has great ES now, is reasonable cheap and provides good protection against being chilled and frozen. Any CI based build has a big issue with that and many realise when its too late. When you are new to CI you should be more afraid of that than a stunlock. :)
"
Xirce wrote:

Pls tell me trick of how to do an item link. :)

I think the reason why you prefer a Crystal belt over this one is the better ES and especially the better resists it can provide.

Since this build is really in need of Resists (and Str) all the high level gear gets pretty expensive.
This is the reason why another good belt like the "Auxium Crystal Belt" isnt the best option either.

It has great ES now, is reasonable cheap and provides good protection against being chilled and frozen. Any CI based build has a big issue with that and many realise when its too late. When you are new to CI you should be more afraid of that than a stunlock. :)

To link an item, click on the portrait of your character in the upper left corner under your nickname. Then, select the character who is wearing the item, and left-click one time on the item you wish to link! It will automatically add the link to the item to your post, and you can do the same thing with the stuff in your stash just selecting it :)

Regarding the freeze and chill, yeah it's the main issue of all CI builds, you should always pop up your anti-freeze flask before engaging a suspicious pack of mobs, and the chill is the nastiest mod ever seen after temporal chains! Not to mention the Tul bossfight.
Dream Fragments
has been buffed in the last patch, now it provides like 50% cold resistance and immunity to both freeze and chill.
This ring is even now still part of my gear, I keep it until I'm leveling. Of course, as soon as I can get my hands on a OP chaos damage/flat es/%es/res/dex or strength ring I'll switch!
Anyway, I think that you should always equip it in the Tul's realm and in some Uber labyrinth layouts
Last edited by Giammafix on Apr 5, 2017, 12:21:44 PM
Could you pls provide some passive tree mirrors on lets say poeplanner since poeurl is down? i was following this build but now im kinda stuck :(
Hey Tobbe2k, You can see the progression and skill tree in the video section under the FAQ at the bottom of the guide. At least that will give you the direction until poeurl is up again.
"
Giammafix wrote:

To link an item, click on the portrait of your character in the upper left corner under your nickname. Then, select the character who is wearing the item, and left-click one time on the item you wish to link! It will automatically add the link to the item to your post, and you can do the same thing with the stuff in your stash just selecting it :)

Regarding the freeze and chill, yeah it's the main issue of all CI builds, you should always pop up your anti-freeze flask before engaging a suspicious pack of mobs, and the chill is the nastiest mod ever seen after temporal chains! Not to mention the Tul bossfight.
Dream Fragments
has been buffed in the last patch, now it provides like 50% cold resistance and immunity to both freeze and chill.
This ring is even now still part of my gear, I keep it until I'm leveling. Of course, as soon as I can get my hands on a OP chaos damage/flat es/%es/res/dex or strength ring I'll switch!
Anyway, I think that you should always equip it in the Tul's realm and in some Uber labyrinth layouts

Thank you for telling me the trick. At first i thought it doesent work, you didnt mention to close the window, lol. Using the back button didnt work. I just felt stupid once i got it right. :)

I am using a nice Auxium, since i have no issues with resists.

But the combination of your ring and a good Crystal Belt is better for sure but just too costly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info