[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

Ive only done atziri in HC once, how much chaos per sec do I need with ED to do her safely?
"
Metallica290 wrote:
Ive only done atziri in HC once, how much chaos per sec do I need with ED to do her safely?

Hi Metallica290,

I would say this is a lot more related to your ES pool than Chaos DPS.
I feel comfortable at 7k+ ES with a 5L for my Essence Drain.
Keep in mind that the flasks I would use for Atziri are different for each boss, and specially rolled for these encounters.
Topaz for Vaals, Granite + Basalt for Trio, and Ruby + Topaz for Atziri.
I have 11k chaos dmg on my ED and 10.2k ES. If I was experienced I think itd be pretty easy to down her but since Ive hardly done it I feel a bit nervous..

Thanks for the note on the flasks!
Last edited by Metallica290 on Mar 25, 2017, 5:14:50 PM
finally reached level 93! I'm enjoying this build, I've done corrupted T14 and T15 maps with dangerous mods deathless, farming bosses like kaom and the wolf king like they were voll in dried lake! :D
it feels very safe with the correct positioning
"
Giammafix wrote:
finally reached level 93! I'm enjoying this build, I've done corrupted T14 and T15 maps with dangerous mods deathless, farming bosses like kaom and the wolf king like they were voll in dried lake! :D

Hi Giammafix,

Thanks for the update!
Glad to hear all is going well for you!
I hope this build will continue to bring you success.
(💮=◡=)
"
Ramona wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

Hi Giammafix,

Thanks for the update!
Glad to hear all is going well for you!
I hope this build will continue to bring you success.
(💮=◡=)

sure, I'll update as soon as I'll finally get some decent gear to do atziri runs, guardians and endgame bosses :)

ps: I think that the Brinerot Whalers, though they don't pierce at 100% like Voidwalkers do, are a very good alternative option (mainly for bossing maybe). They provide very high energy shield and projectile damage, a good lightning resistance, movespeed and total safety in shocking ground mods! :D
currentyl using a pair of Rainbowstride, but will give them a try when I'll find some with good rolls
Last edited by Giammafix on Mar 26, 2017, 8:45:48 PM
"
Giammafix wrote:

ps: I think that the Brinerot Whalers, though they don't pierce at 100% like Voidwalkers do, are a very good alternative option (mainly for bossing maybe). They provide very high energy shield and projectile damage, a good lightning resistance, movespeed and total safety in shocking ground mods! :D
currentyl using a pair of Rainbowstride, but will give them a try when I'll find some with good rolls

Yes I think Brinerot Whalers are better than voidwalkers for bosses since you don't need pierce. I will use them only for Shaper and Uber Atziri. But for mapping, pierce helps a lot.

btw, I think your tree is not optimal, If I were you, I would respect the path to Occulist's Dominion except the starting 16% spell damage node for 5 points and use these 5 points to get two jewel sockets, which should give you more stats. One jewel socket near vaal pact for two points, the other one cost three points and you have a lot of choices where it is.
Last edited by hupple on Mar 27, 2017, 2:57:45 AM
"
hupple wrote:

Yes I think Brinerot Whalers are better than voidwalkers for bosses since you don't need pierce. I will use them only for Shaper and Uber Atziri. But for mapping, pierce helps a lot.

btw, I think your tree is not optimal, If I were you, I would respect the path to Occulist's Dominion except the starting 16% spell damage node for 5 points and use these 5 points to get two jewel sockets, which should give you more stats. One jewel socket near vaal pact for two points, the other one cost three points and you have a lot of choices where it is.

I'm mapping pretty easily with 50% pierce, it slows down a bit but overall it's fine, in party there always will be people with higher burst damage than this build. It's just a personal preference, pierce is more comfortable for higher clearspeed :)

Good objection about the skill tree. Other than the socket near vaal pact, it's an interesting choice to consider the socket near Harrier, for three points, two of them providing 12% increased spell damage. Doing some math, I think that to benefit of those respecs, I should have two jewels with 4 useful mods on each, not only to compensate the damage and cast speed lost, but to add some ES and maybe more damage, attributes, resistances, faster start of es recharge, etc.
otherwise I think that having just 3 useful mods on these jewels may help anyway, but it's not a big deal as it seems :)
I'll do this respec for sure as soon as I get my hands on some good jewels :D
Don't underestimate the 20% chance to Avoid Projectiles while Phasing mod on Voidwalker. It's an amazing form of defense while mapping, especially in the highest tiers.
I died at lvl 68 because i removed a 40% lightning res ring and forgot to put it back, now i'm going to try this build again but i was wondering if i can do this build with a trickster instead? what are the pros/cons if yes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info