What Leagues you gonna play in Legacy?

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn?

From the legacy league info page we can see that the implicit of the talisman leaguestone is "next area will contain a monster possessed by an ancient talisman". So one talisman per area is guaranteed. Given the mods on some of the other displayed leaguestones I assume there's one that grants extra talisman monsters.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn? How expensive talismans were on the Market? How much on average would I have to pay to have a shot at Rigwald?

You could kill a low level Rigwald cheaply, but a shot at 75+ level Rigwald was somewhat costly. The problem was that some of the talisman types were more rare and you needed five different ones, also, those that were more rare also had a better implicit so players tended to keep them even if the mods were so-so which only made it worse. The numbers from back then probably won't mean anything in Legacy but, if memory serves, I think trash T3 rares were selling for 5-20c a piece back then, depends which type, so you'd need some 60c for a run that guarantees a rare.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 20, 2017, 4:43:15 AM
"How rippy are Talisman mobs and summoned Talisman mobs?"

Depends on the talisman they're wearing... but it can be really tough fight, especially during levelling.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn?

From the legacy league info page we can see that the implicit of the talisman leaguestone is "next area will contain a monster possessed by an ancient talisman". So one talisman per area is guaranteed. Given the mods on some of the other displayed leaguestones I assume there's one that grants extra talisman monsters.

Reading between the lines on those examples, there is a generic "+2 league stuff" mod so presumably +2 talisman mobs. The other generic mod is the +2 charges which is nice.

Its basically like flask mods, *hopefully* there are some unique ones as well otherwise the stones themselves will get boring pretty quick.

As for the league itself, im suddenly less interested in talisman. i suppose i'll run it if i dont have anything better to use (there will be a LOT of that going on for at least the first couple weeks).
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 20, 2017, 6:35:22 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I mean how that was during Talisman League?
"
Asmosis wrote:
As for the league itself, im suddenly less interested in talisman. i suppose i'll run it if i dont have anything better to use (there will be a LOT of that going on for at least the first couple weeks).

It's grindy for sure. We had a whole league dedicated to it and it still wasn't easy to go for the good stuff, with even less guarantee to get something decent, it will be even harder in this league.

You could get a Rigwald's curse fairly easily back then, though, but we have quite a few cards you can get it from so it's kinda cheap now anyway. His weapons aren't bad but are much harder to get.

"
raics wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn? How expensive talismans were on the Market? How much on average would I have to pay to have a shot at Rigwald?

You could kill a low level Rigwald cheaply, but a shot at 75+ level Rigwald was somewhat costly. The problem was that some of the talisman types were more rare and you needed five different ones, also, those that were more rare also had a better implicit so players tended to keep them even if the mods were so-so which only made it worse. The numbers from back then probably won't mean anything in Legacy but, if memory serves, I think trash T3 rares were selling for 5-20c a piece back then, depends which type, so you'd need some 60c for a run that guarantees a rare.

This makes things more complicated. :/ So I better get ready for like Shaper-Uber Atziri level of fee to fight Rigwald. So during League there were piles of useless Talismans in Stash Tab, right?

"
AsbelFar wrote:
"How rippy are Talisman mobs and summoned Talisman mobs?"

Depends on the talisman they're wearing... but it can be really tough fight, especially during levelling.

Which Talismans are most rippy? Do they regenereate or have other crazy stats like pre-nerfed Essence mobs? Oh, better ask another question - how rippy they are compared to Essence mobs?

"
raics wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

It's grindy for sure. We had a whole league dedicated to it and it still wasn't easy to go for the good stuff, with even less guarantee to get something decent, it will be even harder in this league.

You could get a Rigwald's curse fairly easily back then, though, but we have quite a few cards you can get it from so it's kinda cheap now anyway. His weapons aren't bad but are much harder to get.

His weapons are 10+ Ex for some reason with Savagery costing 30+ Ex :o
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 20, 2017, 6:51:01 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
This makes things more complicated. :/ So I better get ready for like Shaper-Uber Atziri level of fee to fight Rigwald. So during League there were piles of useless Talismans in Stash Tab, right?

Which Talismans are most rippy? Do they regenereate or have other crazy stats like pre-nerfed Essence mobs? Oh, better ask another question - how rippy they are compared to Essence mobs?

His weapons are 10+ Ex for some reason with Savagery costing 30+ Ex :o

Not really, there are more than five talismans in every tier, you could combine any five different ones and you could buy those you're missing so they didn't really make all that much clutter, you could get rid of them fairy easily in one way or the other.

Bonespire was more rippy than most essence mobs, especially if a unique monster gets possessed, others were less rippy. The unique monsters you summon in stone circles were harder but it was nothing unfair.

His weapons are still pretty exclusive so those are collector prices, they were 1/2ex or something during the peak of the league.

Last edited by raics on Feb 20, 2017, 7:09:12 AM
Quite sure some legacy ones.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I'm a bit worried about the stones being rare enough for us to wanna save them for late game, which means the early and mid game will be complete vanilla. And if they won't be rare, our inventories will be full and chaotic with all the coins/splinters/essences etc. from the different leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info