What Leagues you gonna play in Legacy?

Now I regret that I did 35/40 in Prophecie. Back then I thought that monkey is gonna stay in Standard. Now I reaslise that I could get awesome free unique pet that you can't get any other way with just one more challenge I could do without much effort from my side. :(
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 19, 2017, 10:42:21 AM
We probably need to tell GGG that we wanna play Invasion, Onslaught, Bloodlines, Rampage, Domination, etc. etc. just in case...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 19, 2017, 11:37:30 PM
On a side note:
can anyone explain how talisman league works? How to get eyes of the great wolf?(other than the div card mawrr blaide)
"
HollandRoden wrote:
On a side note:
can anyone explain how talisman league works? How to get eyes of the great wolf?(other than the div card mawrr blaide)

Get 5 different t3 talismans and put them in a stonecirkel this will open a portal to rigwald.
Also his uniques have a lvl ristriction or at least they had i think you needed itemlvl 80+ talismans for a shot at the eyes of the great wolf but not realy sure has been a while sinds the league.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Thanks bro!.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
HollandRoden wrote:
On a side note:

Get 5 different t3 talismans and put them in a stonecirkel this will open a portal to rigwald.
Also his uniques have a lvl ristriction or at least they had i think you needed itemlvl 80+ talismans for a shot at the eyes of the great wolf but not realy sure has been a while sinds the league.

Rigwald is gurantee to drop one of his items or how exactly that would work out?

Tell me more about Talisman League. How Talisman work in general? How long it takes to grind your way to good items? Just how good items are? How many enemies per instance it adds? How strong they are? How often they drop something?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 20, 2017, 2:00:31 AM
A condensed explanation based on what the wiki tells me:

Talismans are a type of amulet with special implicit properties. They are always corrupted. There are four tiers of talismans, though the fourth tier only exists in the unique talisman, Eyes of the Greatwolf. Tier 1 talismans can be found in the wild; they possess monsters much like tormented spirits. To get a tier 2 talisman you have to find a stone altar and sacrifice five tier 1 talismans on it. A monster possessed by a tier 2 talisman then spawns. Similarly you can upgrade five tier 2 talismans into a tier 3 talisman. Five tier 3 talismans open a portal to Rigwald, whom you must kill to obtain the Eyes of the Greatwolf. I can't find information about its droprate but I'd think it's 100% to keep in line of the other upgrades.

So, to get a tier 3 talisman you need 25 tier 1 talismans. Then you have to hope the one you get is useful for you. If not, back to farming tier 1 talismans. Eyes of the Greatwolf has two implicit properties and doubles their magnitudes, but has no other mods. Since there's around 35 implicits to choose from, there's a thousand different combinations. It takes 125 tier 1 talismans to get one, so good luck finding the perfect one for your build.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Rigwald is gurantee to drop one of his items or how exactly that would work out?

Tell me more about Talisman League. How Talisman work in general? How long it takes to grind your way to good items? Just how good items are? How many enemies per instance it adds? How strong they are? How often they drop something?

Yes, Rigwald will drop one of his uniques when slain, together with a tier4 talisman. You need to fight him in a lvl80 (iirc) zone to have a chance at the eyes...

Info on Talisman league http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Talisman_league

Imho if they don't change how Talismans work to ease the grind (5 different talismans of same tier for 1 higher tier talisman) it won't be worth it...

Edit: tier 4 talismans can also be magic or rare(or even white)

depends on the talismans used to create the istance (20% chance each tali)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 20, 2017, 3:13:48 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
A condensed explanation based on what the wiki tells me:

Talismans are a type of amulet with special implicit properties. They are always corrupted. There are four tiers of talismans, though the fourth tier only exists in the unique talisman, Eyes of the Greatwolf. Tier 1 talismans can be found in the wild; they possess monsters much like tormented spirits. To get a tier 2 talisman you have to find a stone altar and sacrifice five tier 1 talismans on it. A monster possessed by a tier 2 talisman then spawns. Similarly you can upgrade five tier 2 talismans into a tier 3 talisman. Five tier 3 talismans open a portal to Rigwald, whom you must kill to obtain the Eyes of the Greatwolf. I can't find information about its droprate but I'd think it's 100% to keep in line of the other upgrades.

So, to get a tier 3 talisman you need 25 tier 1 talismans. Then you have to hope the one you get is useful for you. If not, back to farming tier 1 talismans. Eyes of the Greatwolf has two implicit properties and doubles their magnitudes, but has no other mods. Since there's around 35 implicits to choose from, there's a thousand different combinations. It takes 125 tier 1 talismans to get one, so good luck finding the perfect one for your build.

I see - that looks really tedious without trade. How much talismans one can hope to get on average per instance? How often Talisman mobs spawn? How expensive talismans were on the Market? How much on average would I have to pay to have a shot at Rigwald?

How rippy are Talisman mobs and summoned Talisman mobs? I know that poison meta already existed and builds already were extremely powerful, so their level of threat would probably be as relevant today as was back then.

"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Yes, Rigwald will drop one of his uniques when slain, together with a tier4 talisman. You need to fight him in a lvl80 (iirc) zone to have a chance at the eyes...

Info on Talisman league http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Talisman_league

Imho if they don't change how Talismans work to ease the grind (5 different talismans of same tier for 1 higher tier talisman) it won't be worth it...

Edit: tier 4 talismans can also be magic or rare(or even white)

depends on the talismans used to create the istance (20% chance each tali)

So T4 Talismans are guarantee to drop from Rigwald? What is Eyes of Great Wolf droprate? Some of this combinations are just insane (like multy + global defenses, there is also extra damage, AOE, IIRC).

Wait, Rarity and Itemlevel of T3 Talismans used to open portal to Rigwald, have influence on quality of his loot? :o Level of Talismans I use to open portal, determines Level of his boss instance?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Wait, Rarity and Itemlevel of T3 Talismans used to open portal to Rigwald, have influence on quality of his loot? :o Level of Talismans I use to open portal, determines Level of his boss instance?

Rarity of talismans used influences only the rarity of the t4 talisman that Rigwald will drop when slain ( e.g. if you use 1 unique, 3 rares and 1 magic t3 talis, you'll have a 20% chance that the t4 will be unique, 60% rare and 20% magic).
Eyes of the Greatwolf follows this rule, so you have to use (and thus destroy) at least 1 unique t3 Tali to have a shot at it - and I don't think has a lvl restriction (as I previously said) but can't tell for sure... Rigwald's guaranteed unique drops (ring,quiver,axe and sword) have lvl restrictions, lowest being ring(no lvl req), then quiver(lvl70+) then axe and sword (75+). But again, not 100% sure.

The istance lvl will be the avg lvl of the talis used, minus the highest and lowest ones iirc (e.g. u use talis lvl 72-74-77-77-78, drop the 72 and 78, use 74-77-77, istance will be lvl 76). Istance where u fight Rigwald cannot be lower then lvl60.

EDIT: some more info off the top of my head.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 20, 2017, 3:55:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info